Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I was having a read about it and as soon as I read "Krefeld, North-Rhine Westphalia" I had my hopes up lol

It's not a definite for me yet anyway but I'll definitely go for it.

We're off to Frankfurt in November anyway and funnily enough, that isn't actually that far from Strasbourg.

Leicester is actually twinned with Krefeld by the way, might be worth a visit.

My day has been awful. :( I've just realised there's so much to be done in my house.

I'm an old lady in my 80's and my fence needs painting ,

Oh,  and the roof wants fixing and i'd like a new bathroom suite fitted too .Oh yes and maybe a new driveway in block paving and a downstairs wc  

Did I say i was an old lady in my 80's ?

I can draw pictures and stuff as payment . can anyone help ?

What biscuits you got?

• Like 1

I did some fence painting for one of my customers a couple of months ago.  A lovely lady who is well into her 80's, I told her I didn't want any money for the work I did.  It was a Saturday morning, the sun was shining, she kept the tea & biscuits coming & I was happy to do it.

She is a keen artist & she suggested she do me a painting as a way of saying thank you.  I said there was a scene from the village in which I grew up that I had always liked.  She has been very unwell recently & I regularly pop round for a cuppa & to see how she is.  She would always apologise for not having the painting ready.  I just told her to not worry about it & to concentrate on getting better.

She rang today to say she had finished the painting, so I went to collect it this afternoon.  The painting is perfect.  I love it.

On my way to her house, I popped into the florists & bought her a bouquet of flowers.  She was thrilled to bits.

I may be the world's worst businessman & I am never going to be rich...............but who cares!!?  A great day!!

Faith in humanity restored. This is lovely. :)

• Like 2

I did some fence painting for one of my customers a couple of months ago. A lovely lady who is well into her 80's, I told her I didn't want any money for the work I did. It was a Saturday morning, the sun was shining, she kept the tea & biscuits coming & I was happy to do it.

She is a keen artist & she suggested she do me a painting as a way of saying thank you. I said there was a scene from the village in which I grew up that I had always liked. She has been very unwell recently & I regularly pop round for a cuppa & to see how she is. She would always apologise for not having the painting ready. I just told her to not worry about it & to concentrate on getting better.

She rang today to say she had finished the painting, so I went to collect it this afternoon. The painting is perfect. I love it.

On my way to her house, I popped into the florists & bought her a bouquet of flowers. She was thrilled to bits.

I may be the world's worst businessman & I am never going to be rich...............but who cares!!? A great day!!

It puts a completely different slant on this heartwarming tale when I mis read the first line as "I did some face painting for one of my customers......."

I was waiting for the damn punch line!

Edited by FoxesAreBlue
  • Like 1

Seeing as others have made blogs I have revitalised an old WordPress blog started in November 2011.

O have done an introduction and one entry. Going to try and keep it non political light hearted. Probably mostly poetry to get me writing it again.

Have a quick look. The first entry is a theme some of you will be able to relate to. The name of the blog is When I was Young and the first entry When I Was A Young Lad.

http://lcfc1884.wordpress.com/

I wasn't planning to

Good to hear work is going well.

Don't forget to 'pay yourself' first, I.e. save, and not just to buy a bass etc.

Put some savings away where you can't get to it (but it's available in a real emergency) and watch it grow.

You've obviously got more money than you've had for a while, don't change your spending habits too much and save the rest.