Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I did some fence painting for one of my customers a couple of months ago.  A lovely lady who is well into her 80's, I told her I didn't want any money for the work I did.  It was a Saturday morning, the sun was shining, she kept the tea & biscuits coming & I was happy to do it.

She is a keen artist & she suggested she do me a painting as a way of saying thank you.  I said there was a scene from the village in which I grew up that I had always liked.  She has been very unwell recently & I regularly pop round for a cuppa & to see how she is.  She would always apologise for not having the painting ready.  I just told her to not worry about it & to concentrate on getting better.

She rang today to say she had finished the painting, so I went to collect it this afternoon.  The painting is perfect.  I love it.

On my way to her house, I popped into the florists & bought her a bouquet of flowers.  She was thrilled to bits.

I may be the world's worst businessman & I am never going to be rich...............but who cares!!?  A great day!!

Top effort,not many like you about.

Some of the shadows look a bit suspicious given the position of the sun. Impressive effort though. Not that I know the first thing about painting of course.

i don't think it is the sun ,   it's the reflection of the camera flash on the glass . You can tell because it overlaps the border .

Take a look at some photos taken on the moon if you want to see dodgy shadows  :D

• Like 2

I agree

I sort of agree , but I actually think there are more public spirited people like Sinatra around than we might think.

You seem to give  a lot of  your time to help , and I bet you know quite a few others who do a lot of stuff to try to help others .

Sounds decent on the surface but ultimately Sinatra still receives payment for his work, he likes the feeling of having good will aimed in his direction, other people prefer cash. Still a transaction at the end of the day.

cynical old booger !

Gotta wait til the 5th to see it though, then I'll get paid every friday, which is about £270, so I should never run out of money

Don't get complacent though. I get three times more than I did on JSA and I honestly find myself pissing away money purely because I feel loaded (when I am extremely far from it).

£270 a week dwarves mine though. Mine is £610 a month. How sad that I felt 'loaded'

I sort of agree , but I actually think there are more public spirited people like Sinatra around than we might think.

You seem to give  a lot of  your time to help , and I bet you know quite a few others who do a lot of stuff to try to help others .

That is true and I have enough faith in human nature to believe the majority on here are decent people with one or two just winder uppers.

I take things too serious sometimes but it gets to me when friends who I see as a sort of family are criticised and on occasions called liars.

Others on here have said they do not want their family criticised and I agree it is wrong.

Anyway off to the radio now. I have a couple of new poems to read out. One I put on a new blog (link previous page) If you want to miss the boring bits the Have a Go Hour is on 3-4pm where it is What's on poetry and some news and if we look out the window a weather report.

The station is Panj Pani but can be heard via Tunein.

I wanted to return the compliment and use Mattp's 'I once pissed on a tramp' post as a sig but cant find it.

Unless he'll be offended then I won't.

Some of the shadows look a bit suspicious given the position of the sun. Impressive effort though. Not that I know the first thing about painting of course.

And by the sun, do you mean the camera flash?!

EDIT: Zingari beat me to it.

Edited by BaltimoreBlue

She must have been!!

I think she used a bit of artistic license.  Rarely do I ever see the barriers in the 'up' position

That's such a lovely story. Good for you. My dad died about 5 years ago. He was a carpenter by trade and very skilled with his hands. He made walking sticks as a hobby (carved heads from ram horns etc) and did one for an artist, locally ...... who paid him with a similar painting of a meaningful location for my dad. Of the very few possessions my dad had, it was the only one that my sisters and I were so keen to ensure stayed firmly in the family. I don't know if you have kids or not, but I hope you've shared that lovely story with them so that one day, (long, long into the future), it can also stay in your family as a something meaningful. It will probably make them smile and feel proud of their old fella in the way that ours does for me. Good for you.

• Like 2

Long day. Spent 3pm - 4pm trapped in the office, gazing out of the window wondering if I would ever recover from the disappointment of missing out on another episode of radio down and out.

Deary deary me. Didn't you get your daily fix of schadenfreude? :D