Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Wouldn't most homeless people sell their radios, so they can go buy more important things like Skoll super or heroin ?

Is this a joke question or actually your perception of what an homeless person is like?

I'll assume that it is not meant to be taken seriously. In that case :P

I know a few homeless people being from Braunstone, one is a lovely guy. He's a theif, drinks skoll all day and takes crack round my mates house. I still find him, one of the nicest people you'll met though and that's no joke.

If i was homeless I would't live in a dump like Braunstone. I'd move to somewhere nicer like Stoneygate  

I know a few homeless people being from Braunstone, one is a lovely guy. He's a theif, drinks skoll all day and takes crack round my mates house. I still find him, one of the nicest people you'll met though and that's no joke.

I wasn't having a go.  Being homeless does not necessarily mean being the King of The Road type these days. It can be someone sleeping on a mates sofa who is still able to lead a normal life. Anyway that is old news.

Here is am article by Andrew Marr talking about disability and how since having a stroke his perceptions have changed showing bad fortune can happen to anyone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10313722/Andrew-Marr-Im-now-more-aware-of-the-disabled.html

If i was homeless I would't live in a dump like Braunstone. I'd move to somewhere nicer like Stoneygate  

Yes it would be nicer but he'd be picked up by the police after being reported by a NIMBY and dumped back in Braunstone.

Similar to the story of a man who was in Grantham and allegedly picked up by police and brought to Leicester and told not to go back.

Note the 'allegedly' for the non believers. I will use that word more often in posts.

Yes it would be nicer but he'd be picked up by the police after being reported by a NIMBY and dumped back in Braunstone.

Similar to the story of a man who was in Grantham and allegedly picked up by police and brought to Leicester and told not to go back.

Note the 'allegedly' for the non believers. I will use that word more often in posts.

Flippin heck , surely the biggest( only) advantage of being homeless is that you can be homeless  where you like!! 
It's a fookin police state we're livin in.
They let Romanian homeless sleep on Park Lane and Marble Arch, it seems it's one rule for them and another for the rest of us.  

No Zing they are being rounded up to make the stats look better (allegedly) There is also talk (allegedly) that there are plans to make being homeless a crime.

Enough of that. Have you heard of Jack Monroe AKA A Girl Called Jack blog. She now has a job but still not a millionaire.

She she has started to write a newspaper column and for those that want to read her story here is a link to a link. Some may give up after the first link (allegedly)

http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/09/18/whos-that-new-girl-at-the-guardian/

No Zing they are being rounded up to make the stats look better (allegedly) There is also talk (allegedly) that there are plans to make being homeless a crime.

Enough of that. Have you heard of Jack Monroe AKA A Girl Called Jack blog. She now has a job but still not a millionaire.

She she has started to write a newspaper column and for those that want to read her story here is a link to a link. Some may give up after the first link (allegedly)

http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/09/18/whos-that-new-girl-at-the-guardian/

I think homelessness/vagrancy  has been  illegal in the UK for a long time now.  

Westminster council tried to ban soup kitchens a couple of years ago as well. I fear they will have more luck in the near future and that it will have the desired effect of forcing homeless people out of the area. If it does succeed in that task, other councils will probably try to do the same to 'deal' with their homeless population as well.

Edit;

from wiki

United Kingdom
The first major vagrancy law was passed in 1349 to increase the workforce following the Black Death by making "idleness" (unemployment) an offense. By the 1500s the statutes were mainly used as a means of controlling criminals. In the 16th and 17th century in England, a vagrant was a person who could work, but preferred not to (or could not find employment, so took to the road in order to do so), or one who begs for a living. Vagrancy was illegal, punishable by branding, whipping, conscription into the military, or at times penal transportation to penal colonies. Vagrants were different from impotent poor, who were unable to support themselves because of advanced age or sickness. However, the English laws usually did not distinguish between the impotent poor and the criminals, so both received the same harsh punishments. In 1824, earlier vagrancy laws were consolidated in the Vagrancy Act 1824 (UK) whose main aim was removing undesirables from public view. The act assumed that homelessness was due to idleness and thus deliberate, and made it a criminal offense to engage in behaviors associated with extreme poverty. The Poor Law was the system for the provision of social security in operation in England and Wales from the 16th century until the establishment of the Welfare State in the 20th century.

re edit;
i'm not sure if this is still the position though .
Edited by Zingari

Where's my post gone? 6 or 7 lines vanished. Not doing it again. It will remain a mystery post.

Is it paranoid to think the mods deleted it before I posted it?

Had the same thing happen to me earlier. Typed out a fantastic reply to something or other, hit add reply and was taken back to the thread as usual, but no sign of my post.

I think homelessness/vagrancy  has been  illegal in the UK for a long time now.  

Westminster council tried to ban soup kitchens a couple of years ago as well. I fear they will have more luck in the near future and that it will have the desired effect of forcing homeless people out of the area. If it does succeed in that task, other councils will probably try to do the same to 'deal' with their homeless population as well.

Edit;

from wiki

United Kingdom
The first major vagrancy law was passed in 1349 to increase the workforce following the Black Death by making "idleness" (unemployment) an offense. By the 1500s the statutes were mainly used as a means of controlling criminals. In the 16th and 17th century in England, a vagrant was a person who could work, but preferred not to (or could not find employment, so took to the road in order to do so), or one who begs for a living. Vagrancy was illegal, punishable by branding, whipping, conscription into the military, or at times penal transportation to penal colonies. Vagrants were different from impotent poor, who were unable to support themselves because of advanced age or sickness. However, the English laws usually did not distinguish between the impotent poor and the criminals, so both received the same harsh punishments. In 1824, earlier vagrancy laws were consolidated in the Vagrancy Act 1824 (UK) whose main aim was removing undesirables from public view. The act assumed that homelessness was due to idleness and thus deliberate, and made it a criminal offense to engage in behaviors associated with extreme poverty. The Poor Law was the system for the provision of social security in operation in England and Wales from the 16th century until the establishment of the Welfare State in the 20th century.

re edit;
i'm not sure if this is still the position though .

All we have to do is lower the housing standards to those prevailing in 1349, cracked it!! How are your wattle and daub skills Ken?

Edited by Smudge

Ordered some nuggets and the tosser working didn't put ketchup in the bag.

I blame Thatcher.

No that's just rubbish , it's the blasted trade unions that cause all this shoddy behaviour and poor service not St.Margaret.
In the good old days before they virtually ruled the world you would have been well within your rights to take a riding crop to the scoundrel and beat him till he understood what was expected 

.Not anymore though, they'd all be marching around the streets ,  taking days off work without pay to rub our noses in their new found power.

I know Gordon Gecko famously said that greed is good, but surely these fools didn't think it applied to the working class too!!

The unions will be in complete control of the world soon , their master plan is all but in place. 
This is a WAKE UP CALL !!
Don't listen to all the loopy conspiracy theorists that try telling you  it's the legally greedy international bankers and industrialists we need to fear , it's those damn unions. Mark my words well young master Matt  :thumbup:

I like your style Zing. I'd give you a plus but I don't want to overdo it or it to go to your head. Others might think there is some conspiracy involved.

This entered my head as I lay in my bed this morning.

Have to put it somewhere before I forget it.

This can apply to many people in many different situations.

Not sure about the title.

---------------------------------------

Empathy

Although your sympathy is well intended

It doesn't take away the blues

But with empathy you will feel what I feel

When you are walking in my shoes.

--------------------------------------------------

I think I have actually got the syllables consistent. 11,8,11,8 

• Like 1

Nice one Cambridge.

On my way in a cab to Broad Street at the minute for a Friday session and the cabbie has Panjpani radio show. I've tried to ask him if he knows Dno but he doesn't speak much English.

In Bloemfontein SA today, sitting in a hotel room watching sky news while trying to work. The wife went for a baby scan. She got some 3D pictures which are quite nice. She left the tablet in the Drs office and has had to go back and collect it.

Wife made me laugh, I gave her my phone as I had downloaded the city map, she asked me how to use the phone. We have the same phones. smh.