Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Spread the knowledge, you don't want to go all elitist on us.

I should not have to be elitist. Google is available these days to spread knowledge.Anyone can ask for information under FOI act.

There are many organisations working alongside charities within the mental health disabled and housing communities that are willing to give out statistics. Don't take my word on it.

Then there is the Government.

So you take your choice.

That is a better answer than some think it is. At least the right letters are in it.

Yes it is funny

What the hell I am going to do on Tuesdays -Thursdays

I don't mind the piss being taken out of it. While that is happening then I must be doing something right and can carry on  having compassion and empathy for those I consider deserving of it. Keep laughing with Mattp. He's such a jolly chap.

Surely Ken, you of all people should know that compassion and empathy should be based on need not merit.

The deserving poor is a retrograde step back to the Victorian era.

Most of us are all just a few pay packets away from being homeless.

I have worked with the extreme poor around the world for some of the biggest charities in the world, and I am thankful that the UK has a safety net. I have seen the lengths people have to go to, just to get by. Prostitution, selling their children, selling their land... once they have depleted all their assets they have to rely on others or die.

While we realise some people in the UK take advantage of the support they can receive. We shouldn't mock those who are trying to help. We should advocate for better oversight, better systems, and do not stand for it when people cheat the system.

Ken, thanks for highlighting the fact that we do not always see what is happening under the surface and that some people need support and help.

• Like 3

Most of us are all just a few pay packets away from being homeless.

I have worked with the extreme poor around the world for some of the biggest charities in the world, and I am thankful that the UK has a safety net. I have seen the lengths people have to go to, just to get by. Prostitution, selling their children, selling their land... once they have depleted all their assets they have to rely on others or die.

While we realise some people in the UK take advantage of the support they can receive. We shouldn't mock those who are trying to help. We should advocate for better oversight, better systems, and do not stand for it when people cheat the system.

Ken, thanks for highlighting the fact that we do not always see what is happening under the surface and that some people need support and help.

Most of us know that BB, we are not mocking those that try to help, just mocking Ken for his rather evangelistic discovery of this and the way he preaches in every thread, and brings every discussion back round to it.  Also he does rather make out that those of us who are doing well for ourselves - and paying the taxes that support the safety net - are living the high life and laughing at those less fortunate.  Neither of which is in fact true.

• Like 2

Most of us know that BB, we are not mocking those that try to help, just mocking Ken for his rather evangelistic discovery of this and the way he preaches in every thread, and brings every discussion back round to it.  Also he does rather make out that those of us who are doing well for ourselves - and paying the taxes that support the safety net - are living the high life and laughing at those less fortunate.  Neither of which is in fact true.

I must say I haven't noticed him preaching. I just think he is enthusiastic about what he does and I think it is an important part of his life.

Also, I haven't notice him bash people who are doing alright for themselves. But the mocking of him and what he does seem to come across as we are laughing at those less fortunate.

• Like 3

This is the D.W.P how can we help?

What’s that you say your payments are late?

Not to worry we will send you some forms.

Please be patient it may take a few days

There is a backlog so expect three weeks delay

It is not our concern if your family starve

You need to budget better and pay debts to us first,.

Agree Jon,I do like Ken but there is a gulf between an understandable passion he feels about a subject and preaching in every single thread,I might be totally wrong here,but it's as if he has been easily led and brainwashed by this cult........I mean group.i want old Ken back.just toning it down a tad would help.
  • Like 2

Also he does rather make out that those of us who are doing well for ourselves - and paying the taxes that support the safety net - are living the high life.

Millions of people who can't afford it are also paying taxes that support the safety net - not just those who can afford it.

I don't bash those who are better off. I have a brother who worked his way up through the hotel business and doing OK having retired. I support low and middle earners The ones that GMG are those that sit on a board of directors receive huge bonuses use offshore accounts to avoid paying tax and if they make a mistake costing millions are given a big golden handshake then given another directorship.

Maybe a rare extreme example but other workers are the ones that get shafted by from both sides. Yes there are those on benefits that play the system but some of the reforms brought in are not hitting those that they were intended to. The rise in the cost of living, change to part time and zero contract hours have not helped. One bloke who does some poetry on the radio with me Father Chas is a minister at a church. He has said people are coming to him in tears because they are afraid of losing their home and hardly have enough cash to put food on the table. I do not think he is one to make stories up.

One of his poems ens something like; when I hear people say these things I want to grab them by the shoulders and verbally punch them in the throat.

I'm sorry if I come across as preachy. I will try and cut it down. There is information about without me telling everyone about it.

• Like 1

I must say I haven't noticed him preaching. I just think he is enthusiastic about what he does and I think it is an important part of his life.

Also, I haven't notice him bash people who are doing alright for themselves. But the mocking of him and what he does seem to come across as we are laughing at those less fortunate.

I agree , he doesn't seem particularly preachy to me either .

Nice bloke actually. I think the church he runs is not associated with the big uns if you know what I mean. It doesn't have all the rules. Apart from praying to some god or another.

He started writing poetry after he hear me read mine now he can't stop. There is a battle to see who can write the most.

He was saying he turned the CH off to save money and parishioners  come to his house and he feels a little embarrassed if they start shivering.

Anyway better go. I've altered my sig as a start.

Edited by Rincewind

Agree Jon,I do like Ken but there is a gulf between an understandable passion he feels about a subject and preaching in every single thread,I might be totally wrong here,but it's as if he has been easily led and brainwashed by this cult........I mean group.i want old Ken back.just toning it down a tad would help.

Wouldn't mind if he posted some homeless tottie in the chebs thread.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

As far as I am concerned the people I know are just normal people that have experiences of domestic violence, prison, homelessness, mental illness, depression and disabilities and wish to prevent others from going through did they have by giving advice and raising awareness among the general public. If that is wrong then the country is in a bad way.

I have just added A Fishermans Friend to my blog.

Edited by Rincewind

Fair enough. We all see different things I suppose.

It's when D 'n' O turns up in the Holidays 2013 and LCFC player ratings threads I think it's going a bit OTT.

Edited by MattP