Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a cracker yesterday. Took the kids to Howletts (zoo). Sun even came out for us. Cracking. The boy can't really do words but did 'raaa' at lions and tigers, barked at some hunting dogs and a lynx (close) and made monkey noises at some... Monkeys ( thankfully). Introduced the boy to the music of Otis redding, which he seemed to enjoy, which was good since I hate it when we fall out.

• Like 3

Had a cracker yesterday. Took the kids to Howletts (zoo). Sun even came out for us. Cracking. The boy can't really do words but did 'raaa' at lions and tigers, barked at some hunting dogs and a lynx (close) and made monkey noises at some... Monkeys ( thankfully). Introduced the boy to the music of Otis redding, which he seemed to enjoy, which was good since I hate it when we fall out.

Oh I used to love a good day out to the zoo with the kids.Think my lad ( 10) would love it now.Colchester zoo is definitely worth a visit if you wanted to try a different one sometime.What 1 hr 30 from you?

Mind you the lads setting one up in his room,just got a crested gecko,if it's excitement you want a Komodo Dragon might be better.

Hospital gave me some pain relief for my thigh/ knee which can cause constipation.4 days later nature called.oh my fooking god,it felt like it was coming out sideways.panic was taking over,I was trying to squeeze to squash the barrstard down aaaaahhhhh.my ass has now gone into shock.

Hospital gave me some pain relief for my thigh/ knee which can cause constipation.4 days later nature called.oh my fooking god,it felt like it was coming out sideways.panic was taking over,I was trying to squeeze to squash the barrstard down aaaaahhhhh.my ass has now gone into shock.

You know it's a good un when it starts to lift you out of the seat.

Found out that my contract as sub ed has ended but being kept on until December when the deal with the funding from the Big Lottery ends. Still could carry on if they refund. We just have to show that the project has progressed which I believe has.

Apart from that a quiet day.

Had a call from my sister. She's getting married again next year. The old fool. The bloke she is with is great though. She is above 50 now. No kids and doing well at work. The good thing and a little scary is that she has asked me to give her away. Our own dad passed away a few years back and stepdad is in a care home. I asked about my elder brother but she said he'll have his own daughter to give away when the time comes.

It'll be a civil ceremony and the groom side are doing the hiring of suits. It turns out the shop they chose online is in Leicester.

I'm pretty sure I have seen one somewhere on my travels. She is going to send the details and maybe I could go in to be fitted.

It's a great honour to be asked so I hope I can live up to expectations.

She lives in Seascale in Cumbria. I have looked at train prices £54 open return with my Senior Railcard. Not too bad. May take a trip up there when things are sorted personally. Need to renew my card though.

Something in the Mercury I think (online anyway) about the event I attended. Not good looking enough to get in the photo though.

• Like 3

Had a call from my sister. She's getting married again next year. The old fool. The bloke she is with is great though. She is above 50 now. No kids and doing well at work. The good thing and a little scary is that she has asked me to give her away. Our own dad passed away a few years back and stepdad is in a care home. I asked about my elder brother but she said he'll have his own daughter to give away when the time comes.

It'll be a civil ceremony and the groom side are doing the hiring of suits. It turns out the shop they chose online is in Leicester.

I'm pretty sure I have seen one somewhere on my travels. She is going to send the details and maybe I could go in to be fitted.

She lives in Seascale in Cumbria. I have looked at train prices £54 open return with my Senior Railcard. Not too bad. May take a trip up there when things are sorted personally. Need to renew my card though.

Something in the Mercury I think (online anyway) about the event I attended. Not good looking enough to get in the photo though.

That's nice. 

Congrats Ken.What a nice thought.

Guest MattP

That's a fantastic thing to be asked to do Ken. She must think a lot of you.

You'll be a bit nervous but try to enjoy every minute of it.

That's a fantastic thing to be asked to do Ken. She must think a lot of you.

You'll be a bit nervous but try to enjoy every minute of it.

not given anyone away,but best man duties are a bit daunting .i was not very clever in thinking there would be more than just my mates there.Split the room in two.Was told by the younger audience it was the best speech ever and the older ones just gave me daggers.Long time ago but I remembered saying my mate ,who hadn't had many women was gay.He was naive in the bedroom and thought mutual climax was an insurance company and when his mrs wanted foreplay he invited the neighbours around.Never again!

not given anyone away,but best man duties are a bit daunting .i was not very clever in thinking there would be more than just my mates there.Split the room in two.Was told by the younger audience it was the best speech ever and the older ones just gave me daggers.

You poor sod.

I hope you've muzzled the old clucker!

I gave away my younger sister when she got around to getting married after 20 years of living together and I was very proud to do so. My elder sister is getting remarried next year but I haven't been asked yet. Personally I think it ought to be her eldest son who is around 30 now.

Enjoy it Ken.

Guest MattP

That's nice Ken.Perhaps you could deliver a father of the bride type speech in the form of a poem. Just don't make it too long ;-)

Come on the last thing a wedding audience is going to want is 12 lines of speak about Dno Radio and JSA.

not given anyone away,but best man duties are a bit daunting .i was not very clever in thinking there would be more than just my mates there.Split the room in two.Was told by the younger audience it was the best speech ever and the older ones just gave me daggers.Long time ago but I remembered saying my mate ,who hadn't had many women was gay.He was naive in the bedroom and thought mutual climax was an insurance company and when his mrs wanted foreplay he invited the neighbours around.Never again!

lol

Sounds a lot like a speech a friend of mine gave at another friend's wedding. There was the "friends" table at the back sat absolutely crying with laughter and I know the groom appreciated it. But there was some right awkward silences from the other tables. In joke, in joke, in joke. It was one of the best speeches every to us and the groom loved it so I guess that's the important thing. But some definite crickets elsewhere! 

Thanks. Not sure about the hobos. She said his side don't do suits and formal dress normally. She said all I have to do is walk arm in arm into the room with her and then hand her over. There have been other marriages in the family so I'm sure I'll get help if needed.

Not really keen on the hobo idea. Going to try and get to visit within the next month or so. She said I may have to find accommodation unless a cottage type thing was booked for my brother/family from Leicester and me. But the train fair is only £54 (today) so with digs won't be too bad.

Think its next June so I won't have to stand there with headphones on l;istening to the match. Before anyone else does it.

'Do youJ... take this man?

'Yesss get in'

• Like 1

congrat's that's awesome.