Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Starving. Worked 7.75 hours. Absolutely impossible to get any lunch. Had a few new people start too. Ended up with a black eye after a fight broke out. To be expected in any busy building I suppose. Shouldn't be a problem tomorrow though as several people quit citing an unacceptable level of increased pressure on the emergency evacuation procedures. Just another day in the real world.

• Like 1

not given anyone away,but best man duties are a bit daunting .i was not very clever in thinking there would be more than just my mates there.Split the room in two.Was told by the younger audience it was the best speech ever and the older ones just gave me daggers.Long time ago but I remembered saying my mate ,who hadn't had many women was gay.He was naive in the bedroom and thought mutual climax was an insurance company and when his mrs wanted foreplay he invited the neighbours around.Never again!

I went to my mates wedding and our friend had to do his best man speech. Absolutely destroyed him and the bride. Talked about the time the groom told us how they'd tried anal sex and failed. Also talked about the time they got caught shagging in the disabled toilets at Mosh and thrown out by a bouncer. Those were the most memorable highlights but there was other stuff. 

We found it hilarious. The brides father was so angry he left the wedding because he wanted to fight the best man and didn't come back for a full 8 hours later. Most of the brides family were less than pleased and her 8 year old daughter had a lot of questions for mummy after it was over.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

Starving. Worked 7.75 hours. Absolutely impossible to get any lunch. Had a few new people start too. Ended up with a black eye after a fight broke out. To be expected in any busy building I suppose. Shouldn't be a problem tomorrow though as several people quit citing an unacceptable level of increased pressure on the emergency evacuation procedures. Just another day in the real world.

lol lol :chant:

This is Moosebreath at his absolute finest.

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

I went to my mates wedding and our friend had to do his best man speech. Absolutely destroyed him and the bride. Talked about the time the groom told us how they'd tried anal sex and failed. Also talked about the time they got caught shagging in the disabled toilets at Mosh and thrown out by a bouncer. Those were the most memorable highlights but there was other stuff. 

We found it hilarious. The brides father was so angry he left the wedding because he wanted to fight the best man and didn't come back for a full 8 hours later. Most of the brides family were less than pleased and her 8 year old daughter had a lot of questions for mummy after it was over.

lol

That's not anyone we used to go to school with is it?!

Seeing a surgeon in a bit about a suspected foot abscess. **** my life.

I had one of them about 15 years ago - caused by a tiny splinter of glass.

Removed under local anaesthetic. The anaesthetic was actually the worst bit - needle in the sole of the foot a few times. No bother after that, just a large bandage, a few paracetemol and a walking stick for 2-3 days.

Thanks. Not sure about the hobos. She said his side don't do suits and formal dress normally. She said all I have to do is walk arm in arm into the room with her and then hand her over. There have been other marriages in the family so I'm sure I'll get help if needed.

Not really keen on the hobo idea. Going to try and get to visit within the next month or so. She said I may have to find accommodation unless a cottage type thing was booked for my brother/family from Leicester and me. But the train fair is only £54 (today) so with digs won't be too bad.

Think its next June so I won't have to stand there with headphones on listening to the match. Before anyone else does it.

'Do you... take this man?

'Yesss get in'

lol

Removed under local anaesthetic. The anaesthetic was actually the worst bit - needle in the sole of the foot a few times. No bother after that, just a large bandage, a few paracetemol and a walking stick for 2-3 days.

Oh man does that hurt, injection in the heel is the worst. I never bothered about injections until I had that. It's the only time I have wanted to shout out loud.

Guest MattP

Oh man does that hurt, injection in the heel is the worst. I never bothered about injections until I had that. It's the only time I have wanted to shout out loud.

I can assure you it's not.

It may be bad, but it isn't the worst place you can have a needle stuck in you. :ph34r:

I escaped in the end.

Monday night it got impossibly painful, despite plenty of ibuprofen, I just couldn't sleep. So I took the scissors to my foot and drained a lot of fluid to alleviate the pressure. The incision I made never closed and it's been weeping consistently since. The consultant joked a bit, we were both well aware that DIY shouldn't really be attempted on your own body, but he did seem to think that enough fluid was and is being drained that there was no need to intervene.

Just a case of keeping up the antibiotics, keep it clean and dressed and wait for the infection to heal.

Came from a blister going septic (ironically because I popped it.)

Edited by Finnegan

I can assure you it's not.

It may be bad, but it isn't the worst place you can have a needle stuck in you. :ph34r:

Quite right but just a figure of speech Matt.

Anywhere else more painful would require an injection to numb the pain. :ph34r:

I escaped in the end.

Monday night it got impossibly painful, despite plenty of ibuprofen, I just couldn't sleep. So I took the scissors to my foot and drained a lot of fluid to alleviate the pressure. The incision I made never closed and it's been weeping consistently since. The consultant joked a bit, we were both well aware that DIY shouldn't really be attempted on your own body, but he did seem to think that enough fluid was and is being drained that there was no need to intervene.

Just a case of keeping up the antibiotics, keep it clean and dressed and wait for the infection to heal.

Came from a blister going septic (ironically because I popped it.)

Glad i read that just before my egg sarnie.

• Like 2

Had a call from the pension advisors. The original providers have released the funds so I'll be getting a cheque soon and the rest has gone to the new providers. So just waiting for paperwork tell the DWP then I'll know where I stand for the forseeable future.

Off out now. Later than I wanted though. Piece in last nights mercury about the event I went to but it was overshadowed by the teachers rally at the Town Hall so not too much on it.

Got my cheque yesterday so that's in the bank. The rest has been sent to new providers so just  sorting things out with the DWP now

Should be straightforward as the PC is means tested so they'll just adjust my income to the correct amount.

It will be good to know what my income is each month instead of having to fill forms in then wait weeks while they work it out with money being stopped or reduced until they do.

Got my cheque yesterday so that's in the bank. The rest has been sent to new providers so just  sorting things out with the DWP now

Should be straightforward as the PC is means tested so they'll just adjust my income to the correct amount.

It will be good to know what my income is each month instead of having to fill forms in then wait weeks while they work it out with money being stopped or reduced until they do.

This seems to have taken an absolute age to sort out.

Fingers crossed for you that this is now the end of it.