Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yep the guy I got is an accredited installer. Looking at £2200 fitted with a power flush and a magnetic filter which adds a year to the warranty. This is in Surrey.

Thats actually a very good price indeed. If you got a decent sized combi its about 1000-1100 inc VAT. Powerflushes are incredibly expensive if you get BG in (£800 perhsps)

The magnatech (filter) costs about 100 alone. Sounds like a very reasonable price.

Its funny though, people think nothing of paying that amount for two weeks abroad or a new car (both of which wont last as long as a boiler) yet don't want to pay that amount on something that heats your home and provides you with hot water.

see what you mean,but one is for enjoyment and one is a nesesaty .its like saying lcfc season ticket or car insurance.One you look forward to the other you don't.

Depends what you have at the moment. if youre swapping a combi for a combi I'd have thought about 500 quid.

Our firm install Worcesters though somehow we get 7 year warranties

Is that guarantee conditional upon a service contract?

Edited by Webbo

Is that guarantee conditional upon a service contract?

A service contract with who? Our firm in order for us to give you the warranty? I dont think so at all. It's just a 7 year warranty i believe. Though if you called them out after 5 years and it was obvious its never been serviced, no inhibitor in your heating system etc then you may struggle for them to honour it

Had a confirmation Email my PP transfer is complete and set up. Paid monthly in advance so don't know when the first one is. It was a lump sum less tax transferred so dont know if the monthly payments are liable to tax. Never thought they were.

Had a confirmation Email my PP transfer is complete and set up. Paid monthly in advance so don't know when the first one is. It was a lump sum less tax transferred so dont know if the monthly payments are liable to tax. Never thought they were.

i think if your pp income is greater than your tax allowance you will pay tax on some if not all of your pension income.if this is below your tax allowance then no.

Thats actually a very good price indeed. If you got a decent sized combi its about 1000-1100 inc VAT. Powerflushes are incredibly expensive if you get BG in (£800 perhsps)

The magnatech (filter) costs about 100 alone. Sounds like a very reasonable price.

Cheers - it is actually not a combi, is a WB greenstar 15ri which are about £700.  Still in my neck of the woods it looks decent, and my sister got done by BG for about £4k for much the same with a slightly larger boiler.

i think if your pp income is greater than your tax allowance you will pay tax on some if not all of your pension income.if this is below your tax allowahours worknce then no.

Don't think it is. My pension credit is means tested so my total income will be what that is. The PP is under £600 per year. They have not said the monthly amount. Think I was told 10-12 a week. That will be knocked off my PC as will my 5 hours work. Well till the new year depending on what happens with the job.

A bit of luck today. Bought £5.84 worth of shopping in sainsburys, about to leave and there was a £5 note on the floor at the exit. I casually put it in my pocket and went in the Plant.