Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Cheers - it is actually not a combi, is a WB greenstar 15ri which are about £700.  Still in my neck of the woods it looks decent, and my sister got done by BG for about £4k for much the same with a slightly larger boiler.

Did you mean Si? Still that's a good quote. You obviously know what im on about when I slag BG off then!

Guest MattP

Managed to find another English teaching job in South Korea - kicker is they want me there immediately.

So I fly out on Friday. Should be another interesting year - chance to do a decent job, save a bit of cash, and spend a few weeks on a beach somewhere when it's all done!

Nice one Mac! Very jealous!

Managed to find another English teaching job in South Korea - kicker is they want me there immediately.

So I fly out on Friday. Should be another interesting year - chance to do a decent job, save a bit of cash, and spend a few weeks on a beach somewhere when it's all done!

Sounds great. What's the pay like out there then?

Nice one Mac! Very jealous!

Cheers Matt - it's a decent gig, not something I want to do forever but good for another year to give me some time and moolah and see some more of the world.

Sounds great. What's the pay like out there then?

It's about the equivalent of £1150 a month, and you live rent free so cost of living is cheap there, get to save quite a bit if you're astute.

good for you. all the best chief!

Do you need the standard teaching qualifications in the UK to teach abroad? I'd be well into doing something like that.

You can do a course on teaching English as a foreign language. I don't think you need A levels for it.

Do you need the standard teaching qualifications in the UK to teach abroad? I'd be well into doing something like that.

Moose has it about right - most of the time a Bachelors degree is utterly essential, but a TEFL/TESOL qualification gives you better opportunities and more dough. For the fabled university teaching positions or working in the middle East usually a Masters degree is needed, often an M.Ed - or a professional teaching qualification (PGCE etc). The upside is those jobs are very, very lucrative.

If you've got any questions about teaching abroad, ask me - I've been through the process often enough to be able to help.

good for you. all the best chief!

Cheers mate!

Well done and good luck leicsmac  :thumbup:

Thanks Zing - it'll be interesting to be back there.

Edited by leicsmac

oh dear, I won't pry, but I hope things will be ok.

My mums been told she's got to calm down and chill more. She does a hell of a job looking after dad and running around for him- they only have one car- yet she still 'has' to go church twice a sunday, then a wednesday night, work most weekdays etc. Its her nature to help people etc and I start to think the only way she'll listen is through having serious heart trouble. Then my nanas just getting older too. Not nice.

My sister sent me a brochure for the place she is getting married at. Irton Hall. It is a holiday complex. Not sure If I'll be stopping there they also have self catering  in other houses. looks a nice place. My sisters the ones that run it are more down to earth than the photos portray and prices are not astronomical  as I first feared. Got till next June to save up.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/irton-hall.en-gb.html?aid=311076;label=irton-hall-DdPB626pmr8BhNhtepNhMQS28550043180%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=9ce5bac4f1a542cde0869d3a52044f66;dcid=1;srfid=cc1c102e64020dfa2a60974a8a74c94418c9bb41X1#availability_target

Guest MattP

Decided to be a bit more liberal so I'm off to a Mosque in St Matthews to ask the worshippers if they shag the 14 year old girls they marry.

Generally no. It helps to get a qualification for teaching abroad, I've lost the relevant acronyms but if mac doesn't clue you in I'll dig them out later.

If you want to do it on more than just a year's working holiday visa, however, you'll need to meet immigration criteria. That generally means having a degree.

I could get a job in Japan (for example) teaching English fairly easily and being under thirty I'd be eligible to do so on a WHV. I couldn't stay, though, as I'm drop out, not a graduate, so wouldn't be able to get a full visa.

Never checked but I'd be surprised if Korea wasn't very similar.

Generally no. It helps to get a qualification for teaching abroad, I've lost the relevant acronyms but if mac doesn't clue you in I'll dig them out later.

If you want to do it on more than just a year's working holiday visa, however, you'll need to meet immigration criteria. That generally means having a degree.

I could get a job in Japan (for example) teaching English fairly easily and being under thirty I'd be eligible to do so on a WHV. I couldn't stay, though, as I'm drop out, not a graduate, so wouldn't be able to get a full visa.

Never checked but I'd be surprised if Korea wasn't very similar.

It is. Bachelors degree essential for a teaching visa in Korea. As I said before, a TEFL/TESOL qualification helps too, but is not essential.

Bought The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry in a charity shop yesterday. It charts his early youth and his addiction to Sugar Puffs as a child. Interesting life. He  played truant at public school was disruptive, went to prison yet still managed to go Cambridge. He did come from a fairly wealthy family. His father was asked to come from Hungry to set up a sugar cane factory as he was one of the top businessmen in the field.

Bought The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry in a charity shop yesterday. It charts his early youth and his addiction to Sugar Puffs as a child. Interesting life. He  played truant at public school was disruptive, went to prison yet still managed to go Cambridge. He did come from a fairly wealthy family. His father was asked to come from Hungry to set up a sugar cane factory as he was one of the top businessmen in the field.

One of his ancestors was asked to become King of Albania but he turned it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._B._Fry

Edited by Webbo

Guest MattP

I don't know the full facts and not everything is black and white.

But do you think his 'sugar puffs' addiction could be a combination of his Dad's sugar cane factory and his homosexuality?