Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

First day back from holiday in the far north east of Scotland. Really great and warmish weather, but still came back with a bad cold, and a broken elbow!

Most people would have put the broken elbow first in order of importance /priority, you must be a right hard bastrad  :D  :thumbup:

Just watching hollyoaks later with the missis. Currently trying to solemnly watch an all girl 3some.

Then the programs next scene moves onto a complete weirdo forcefully taking photos of a naked girl. Horrible

First day back from holiday in the far north east of Scotland. Really great and warmish weather, but still came back with a bad cold, and a broken elbow!

How convenient you 'coming home' immediately after a defeat.

Just watching hollyoaks later with the missis. Currently trying to solemnly watch an all girl 3some.

Then the programs next scene moves onto a complete weirdo forcefully taking photos of a naked girl. Horrible

How convenient you 'coming home' immediately after a defeat.

Saw St. Johnston V Inverness Cally. My Scottish lads lost 4-0. Bugger!

Ordered a Nexus 7 tablet off Ebay through somebody I know. Saw him in a pub and he said do I want to bid. There was 50 min left and it was 0n 55. Won with £100. The bloke fixes PCs so I think he knew what he was bidding for. Not seen it so can;t give too many details but he said it was a decent one.

Bought The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry. His father was asked to come from Hungry to set up a sugar cane factory as he was one of the top businessmen in the field.

If his father came from Hungry, weren't they worried that he'd just eat the sugar cane?

Looked after my niece and nephew again, some old chaos.

It's people like you, with your liberalism and lack of discipline, that I blame for Britain's poor performance in the OECD education league tables.  :ph34r:

If his father came from Hungry, weren't they worried that he'd just eat the sugar cane?

It's people like you, with your liberalism and lack of discipline, that I blame for Britain's poor performance in the OECD education league tables.  :ph34r:

Typo. To answer MattP. His addiction may have been affected by his father's business but he said at the time his local village shop had shelves full of sweets you may be too young to remember.  We are talking 50/60's here. He also said there were also cerials available in the kitchen cupboard and he used to eat them straight from the packet. This was under seven years old at which age he was sent to boarding school. His craving was stemmed a little by force because of being unable to get them so often.

As for his sexual preferance that was discovered at public school a few years later at the same time as cigarettes in a secluded part of the school.

Right - flying tomorrow, and its a 12 hour leg to Kuala Lumpar to start with.

So I need some help from the more nefarious of you (yes, MattP, I am looking at you here  :P ) as to dodges to get myself a shifty upgrade. Should I limp to the check-in desk and fake a busted leg? Or perhaps play the little lost boy gambit? 

What's worked for you guys in the past?

Typo. To answer MattP. His addiction may have been affected by his father's business but he said at the time his local village shop had shelves full of sweets you may be too young to remember.  We are talking 50/60's here. He also said there were also cerials available in the kitchen cupboard and he used to eat them straight from the packet. This was under seven years old at which age he was sent to boarding school. His craving was stemmed a little by force because of being unable to get them so often.

As for his sexual preferance that was discovered at public school a few years later at the same time as cigarettes in a secluded part of the school.

So at least we have found out the source of his homosexuality, it wasn't the Sugar Puffs, it was the fags.

I was joking though, I didn't really believe his addiction to Sugar Puffs was caused by his homosexuality. On a side note though as a kid I used to eat cereal out the boxes, so much I often made myself sick. I think a lot of kids probably did.

They still had shelves full of sweets in the 90's, I remember buying bags of them before school, rhubarb and custard were my faves, I don't know how I'm not 30 stone when I look at what I eat and have eaten.

Right - flying tomorrow, and its a 12 hour leg to Kuala Lumpar to start with.

So I need some help from the more nefarious of you (yes, MattP, I am looking at you here  :P ) as to dodges to get myself a shifty upgrade. Should I limp to the check-in desk and fake a busted leg? Or perhaps play the little lost boy gambit? 

What's worked for you guys in the past?

Chat up the bird on the desk for a start off, ask her where's she from and try and think of somewhere connected to the City, that's a start, rave about the airline for a bit from a trip years ago, say you are considering joing the frequent flyer club here as you might be travelling quite often on this route for the forseeable future.

Drop in you were dissappointed with Virgin/Signapore Airlines Upper/Business class blah blah last time out and with this new job you suddenly have are keen to know a bit about what different this airline has to offer.

She'll usually rabbit into one then about all what they offer, ask questions blah blah and they just drop in How much would the upgrade actually be for this flight? Looking surprised and assuming they probably don't have any. Then see what happens, sometimes it's a no, sometimes "for this once" she'll bump you up, most of the time she'll say a price and then you decide.

Edited by MattP

Are you flying Malaysian?  How tall are you?  I find their business class not worth it, the bed is not long enough for me at six feet two.  If anything it is less comfy than the economy.

Yup, flying Malaysian Airways. Not tall Jon, so the bed would probably be comfy enough for me.

Chat up the bird on the desk for a start off, ask her where's she from and try and think of somewhere connected to the City, that's a start, rave about the airline for a bit from a trip years ago, say you are considering joing the frequent flyer club here as you might be travelling quite often on this route for the forseeable future.

Drop in you were dissappointed with Virgin/Signapore Airlines Upper/Business class blah blah last time out and with this new job you suddenly have are keen to know a bit about what different this airline has to offer.

She'll usually rabbit into one then about all what they offer, ask questions blah blah and they just drop in How much would the upgrade actually be for this flight? Looking surprised and assuming they probably don't have any. Then see what happens, sometimes it's a no, sometimes "for this once" she'll bump you up, most of the time she'll say a price and then you decide.

I knew you'd come through for me.  :D

Taking this on board for use tomorrow. We shall see how it works out!

I knew you'd come through for me.  :D

Taking this on board for use tomorrow. We shall see how it works out!

Let me know how you get on, you don't know if you don't ask. I didn't like Sven but one thing he always said stuck with me and it's so true. (Not an exact quote but it's not far off)

"If you go through life with a smile on your face, saying hello, shaking hands with as many people as possible and making sure those people remember the sound of your laughter rather than you complaining, you shouldn't go too far wrong"

Anyone ever heard of the motivational speaker, Adrian Webster?

We had our staff conference today and he was invited to speak to us for about 3-3.5 hours. Great experience to hear him extend his experiences on to us and it was well worth it. First time I've been in the same room as a motivational speaker who was doing his job. He added lots of humour to his talk and I was very impressed by him. Came away from it fairly motivated and learnt a lot of things to improve myself/team I work in. Sounds all a bit cheesy and clichéd but it was great to hear him talk. 

Anyone ever heard of the motivational speaker, Adrian Webster?

We had our staff conference today and he was invited to speak to us for about 3-3.5 hours. Great experience to hear him extend his experiences on to us and it was well worth it. First time I've been in the same room as a motivational speaker who was doing his job. He added lots of humour to his talk and I was very impressed by him. Came away from it fairly motivated and learnt a lot of things to improve myself/team I work in. Sounds all a bit cheesy and clichéd but it was great to hear him talk. 

The buzz will wear off after a few days and everything will return to normal, trust me  :)

• Like 1

I'm at my wits end here. Got woken an hour ago to the missis coming home after a 'quiet couple'

Puked up on the floor several times, ive ran down to get a bowl, she chucked up in that then started blaming me for her state. Chucked the bowl onto the pile of sick on the floor. I lost it a bit to be fair grabbed her head with both my hands and gave it a shake.

Shes come out swinging punches at me and dug her nails into my back drawing blood! I've ran down stairs to get out her way and managed to shut the stair door. I started hiding our kitchen knives as I really dont know what she was gonna do next. It all went quiet so assumed shed gone upstairs. Two mins later shes come crashing through the door on her back head first having collapsed. I've had to drag her into the recovery position.

She's in the bath now sleeping so obviously im sat with her. Luckily im at school tomorrow so I've not an early start. Not the start i wanted for my birthday weekend. Need to get rid of her me thinks.