Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just booked my hotel room for Brighton for 7th December and it's actually going to be in one of the poshest hotels in Brighton, its the http://www.mercurebrighton.co.uk/. If anyone else is interested it's 2 for 3 nights! i believe its only £66 a night which is a bargain for an hotel like that. The Offer ends tomorrow i believe!

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just booked my hotel room for Brighton for 7th December and it's actually going to be in one of the poshest hotels in Brighton, its the http://www.mercurebrighton.co.uk/. If anyone else is interested it's 2 for 3 nights! i believe its only £66 a night which is a bargain for an hotel like that. The Offer ends tomorrow i believe!

Couldn't think of a worse place.

The home of Conor Maynard, where Frankie Cocozza goes for nights out.

Not pretty.

Brilliant, just been offered a new job, better pay, better hours and more local than my current job!

The job is subject to references, this is where I'm in a bit of a pickle I don't want to hand my notice in then my new job falls through for whatever reason, then I'm left without a job at all?

Usually they just check you're not a complete dick, or haven't broken your contract/been put on disciplinary, that kind of thing. I'd imagine you'd be fine.

Do you need the standard teaching qualifications in the UK to teach abroad? I'd be well into doing something like that.

A bit late reply, but it depends where you want to teach, if you are staying in Europe then degree qualifications aren't important, you don't even need a TEFL qualification I know people who just rocked up in Spain and blagged it. I would recommend doing the full course though, it was shit scary enough the first few classes even after doing the course.

If you have an ideal country you want to go to, I would suggest going out there and doing the course, I did it in Valencia in September and all the schools started recruiting for October and they all know that this college teaches English teachers so they just advertise in there, everyone on the course was doing 20-25 hours a week teaching from the start of October.

If you want to go to Asia it is a different matter.

Stayed there in the summer with the wife and friends.its ok,but not worth the stars it's got.I'm probably a bit snobbish and have been spoilt with hotels.Not bad,so don't get worried,but also don't get your hopes up too much.sorry

Have breakfast at the American diner 300yrds towards town rather than hotel if you fancy a fry up( or ogle at some Polish waitresses)

Settled in nicely over here...working hard but it's all good, a job I know how to do and hopefully a fun year ahead. 

Really looking forward to making it up to my previous working city in a couple of weeks for a reunion with old friends!

Good stuff.

Stayed there in the summer with the wife and friends.its ok,but not worth the stars it's got.I'm probably a bit snobbish and have been spoilt with hotels.Not bad,so don't get worried,but also don't get your hopes up too much.sorry

Have breakfast at the American diner 300yrds towards town rather than hotel if you fancy a fry up( or ogle at some Polish waitresses)

Yeah i've been in that american dinner before, its a nice themed cafe. Last time i went to Brighton in February 2012 i stayed in the premier inn, which was very nice and was hoping to stay again in there this year but it would have cost over £200 which is out of my budget. The travelodge is cheaper but only by £12 and some of them aren't worth its value. From reviews online most people are saying it's not posh as you'd think but it's still posher than some of the other hotels in brighton.

Yeah i've been in that american dinner before, its a nice themed cafe. Last time i went to Brighton in February 2012 i stayed in the premier inn, which was very nice and was hoping to stay again in there this year but it would have cost over £200 which is out of my budget. The travelodge is cheaper but only by £12 and some of them aren't worth its value. From reviews online most people are saying it's not posh as you'd think but it's still posher than some of the other hotels in brighton.

Don't get me wrong it's not poor.Really think it needs a bit of a tidy up.

Settled in nicely over here...working hard but it's all good, a job I know how to do and hopefully a fun year ahead. 

Really looking forward to making it up to my previous working city in a couple of weeks for a reunion with old friends!

Hope you can keep us informed now and then about how it's all going for you . Are you teaching kids or adults ? 

sorry if you already explained your job . :thumbup:

My wife just told me off for saying it was a tired hotel and certainly wasn't as bad as I was making it sound and I need to let you know that!What the boss says goes.Enjoy.
  • Like 1

Downloaded a game to my Android, Football Chairman. My team is Secukar City playing at Godsby Avenue. Start Div C of Amateur league. Promoted third season and sacked one manager.

You put someone on the dole?

He could have a family to support, he could get a disability.

If he becomes homeless that's your fault.

Someone I used to go to school/college with has informed me that his work place has vacancies so he gave me the direct email address of the person in charge, so I sent them my CV so here's hoping.

Dear Mr Holloway...............

If a vacancy came up working at Palace.Would/Could you take the job?

That goes for Leicester fans.Could you work for your rivals.i could its all about me!

Someone I used to go to school/college with has informed me that his work place has vacancies so he gave me the direct email address of the person in charge, so I sent them my CV so here's hoping.

Don't mention that you want a stupid exaggerated hourly pay-rate though.