Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

In fairness to the bloke he was expressing a fear that their extremist views would start to seem desiriable if percieved injustices weren't stopped, rather than saying he'd vote for them. I think.

To be fair, I was merely expressing the view that I don't think the BNP have all the answers. :thumbup:

When a decline in living standards and insecurity in the job market is perceived to have happened because foreign workers have taken jobs at lower wages than the locals, as well as millions of pounds in benefits they've never earned - and all by courtesy of the government - then it's easy to see how the blue touchpaper you describe gets well and truly lit. Or have I missed something?

Yes, the overwhelming ignorance of this nation, and how easily certain elements of the media can exploit it.

For the record, immigration actually creates jobs. It's a pity that this isn't reported by a certain daily newspaper.

Ooh no it wasn't from him it was from his 'chums' :blush:

Well then you definately shouldn't worry about it, lads are always gonna take the piss especially so if they know it'll embarrass you!

Flip 'em the middle finger & don't take anything you said back then they have no ammunition. :thumbup:

To be fair, I was merely expressing the view that I don't think the BNP have all the answers. :thumbup:

Yes, the overwhelming ignorance of this nation, and how easily certain elements of the media can exploit it.

For the record, immigration actually creates jobs. It's a pity that this isn't reported by a certain daily newspaper.

======

People like Blair and Mandleson turned spin into an art form - you cannot blame the Daily Mail for being impressed enough to try it themselves.

======

This nation? What nation? Do we still have a nation? Or do we now have various factions each with their own agendas?

======

Even if true, the effects of mass immigration are not just about the creation of jobs. But there certainly seem to be mixed messages on the subject.

Some claim that even Labour believes the rates of immigration need to be slowed (not that I believe that is anything but temporary opportunism) yet at the same time the EU says there needs to be a massive influx of 50 million Africans into the Community specifically to breed among us and give a supposedly much-needed boost to certain EU populations - presumably to further drive the market economy.

Strange that though, considering that the problem of too many people is already said to be fuelling global warming and starting to put strain on our resources. It's a job to know who to believe!

Whatever the spin says - depending who presents it - people will judge according to how they are affected.

And those effects, far too many for me to bother listing even now, are real enough to see even with my bleary eyes so I'm quite sure others will see them and that the consequences will be seen in various aspects of the polls come the next election.

PS: I've don't know if the BNP have any answers let alone all the answers because I have absolutely no idea what their policies are, except that people in positions of influence like the Press don't seem to like them, from what I'm told.

Edited by Thracian

Well then you definately shouldn't worry about it, lads are always gonna take the piss especially so if they know it'll embarrass you!

Flip 'em the middle finger & don't take anything you said back then they have no ammunition. :thumbup:

Agreed, Katy just give it back twice as much :thumbup:

Compton Beach yesterday checking out the iguanadon footcasts lying on the sand and footprints in the rock.

Friend's daughter's 18th birthday party last night.

Son's Under 12's footie this morning - 12-0 win.

Colwell Bay beach this afternoon -a bit sunburnt :mad: I'm not really mad but that's the colour of my head!

All in all, a bloody good weekend and my first days off work since 31st August.

Compton Beach yesterday checking out the iguanadon footcasts lying on the sand and footprints in the rock.

Friend's daughter's 18th birthday party last night.

Son's Under 12's footie this morning - 12-0 win.

Colwell Bay beach this afternoon -a bit sunburnt :mad: I'm not really mad but that's the colour of my head!

All in all, a bloody good weekend and my first days off work since 31st August.

I love their huge waves when I went in the sea during my holidays there!

Ah good old innocent days of my childhood before supporting LCFC come in my life!

Today's going to be pant-wettingly exciting!

Nine years ago my son, who was two at the time, decided to raid my CD collection, open the cases and 'post' the CD's through the gaps in the floorboards.

Today the builders are coming in to lift the boards to put insulation under them.

I'll be re-united with my CD's!!!