Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

The creepy Turkish person who runs my local shop starting singing to me, then started talking to me then halfway through started talking in Turkish. What the ****?

I think he wants you to be the Greek whilst he is the Turk...

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Not proud of myself really.ive been through hell after my knee op.No answers from NHS still can't bend one knee,still can't drive,still can't work( properly)Had a physio appointment this morning to talk through what to do to help this knee.i WAS looking forward to it,but they have just called to say the guys sick.i know that can't be helped and I said that,but not one person can see me all week.Yes someone can phone me! What good that will do.How do they know movement etc and my symtoms .Told the women it wasn't her fault but the whole experience has been shoddy the Hispital that dealt with me has a reputation of being crap,but that was too good for them.i slammed the phone down,and now I haven't even got an appointment next week!

I might wait a while before phoning again.

Not proud of myself really.ive been through hell after my knee op.No answers from NHS still can't bend one knee,still can't drive,still can't work( properly)Had a physio appointment this morning to talk through what to do to help this knee.i WAS looking forward to it,but they have just called to say the guys sick.i know that can't be helped and I said that,but not one person can see me all week.Yes someone can phone me! What good that will do.How do they know movement etc and my symtoms .Told the women it wasn't her fault but the whole experience has been shoddy the Hispital that dealt with me has a reputation of being crap,but that was too good for them.i slammed the phone down,and now I haven't even got an appointment next week!

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago and I know frustrating it is.

The worst thing was the worry that it wasnt healing as expected and i couldn't find out why.

The company I worked for decided it was cheaper to send me private than paying me to stay

At home!

Anyway good luck.

Edited by notnow john
  • Like 1

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago and I know frustrating it is.

The worst thing was the worry that it wasnt healing as expected and i couldn't find out why.

The company I worked decided it was cheaper to send me to private than paying me to stay

At home!

Anyway good luck.

Thanks for that.Summed it up perfectly in your first two sentences.i work for a small company that has its advantages and disadvantages .Not wanting to sound boastful but I worry as my wages are 2 nd only to the MD and he doesn't have to pay me my full wage,although I have given him some corkers of enquiries working from home,that normally I wouldn't be able to research and call.The advantage of the small company is that I'm virtually the lone salesman enabling my boss to drive his Ferrari and all his other toys on the back of my sales and think I would be hard to replace.He has been so supportive and patient,to be fair.

Al sorts of thoughts go through your mind like.is this irreversible ?Am I doing the right thing with it?and no one seems to give a sh!t.

The poor wife works twice as hard as me and then has to run kids about,cook,clean its a nightmare.

I am disgusted with myself. Anyone tried the Ultimate Burger Challenge at the Flaming Grill? Polished it after the game on Saturday. :(

I tried it at the Nosey Parker (aka the Flaming Grill) in Lincoln. I never got close, there were just too many chips, the burger was an absolute monster and I'm not a fan of onion rings, of which there were 5. It was a valiant effort, but just wasn't to be. Only one of our 11 strong group managed to finish it, and his picture is now on the wall.

No, but I am definitely going to smash it at some point this season. Was it easy?

Nah it wasn't, had to pace myself a bit but I did get to one stage and think... I've done this, there's no time limit so it's fine.

My mate did it and managed about half lol twat.

I tried it at the Nosey Parker (aka the Flaming Grill) in Lincoln. I never got close, there were just too many chips, the burger was an absolute monster and I'm not a fan of onion rings, of which there were 5. It was a valiant effort, but just wasn't to be. Only one of our 11 strong group managed to finish it, and his picture is now on the wall.

The onion rings were just batter rings with minimal onion. I was gutted with the prize - I heard you got your money back, turns out that's bullshit and instead you get your picture up so everyone can see what a fat twat you are, and my picture was absolutely worrying lol definitely got to do something about my weight. Last time I ever try that.

Nah it wasn't, had to pace myself a bit but I did get to one stage and think... I've done this, there's no time limit so it's fine.

The onion rings were just batter rings with minimal onion. I was gutted with the prize - I heard you got your money back, turns out that's bullshit and instead you get your picture up so everyone can see what a fat twat you are, and my picture was absolutely worrying lol definitely got to do something about my weight. Last time I ever try that.

I used to be really fat and still have the appetite so I reckon I will be able to do it! Also there is one at Taps in the city centre which I need to try!

The onion rings were just batter rings with minimal onion. I was gutted with the prize - I heard you got your money back, turns out that's bullshit and instead you get your picture up so everyone can see what a fat twat you are, and my picture was absolutely worrying loldefinitely got to do something about my weight. Last time I ever try that.

Me and my Mrs do that Slimming World diet, it's brilliant. Still get to eat like a pig, but you lose weight while doing it! I lost 7lbs in my first week.

Edited by indierich06

I used to be really fat and still have the appetite so I reckon I will be able to do it! Also there is one at Taps in the city centre which I need to try!

I didn't think I'd pull it off to be honest but did manage it. It's an absolute monster of a burger, be warned.

Me and my Mrs do that Slimming World diet, it's brilliant. Still get to eat like a pig, but you lose weight while doing it! I lost 7lbs in my first week.

Seriously? lol

My house mate does that, from what she says it's not really like that, it's all low fat stuff and no alcohol.

I meanwhile have lost over 2 stone in the past year without even trying :cool:

I don't get how people claim to have lost 7lbs in a week.

That's at least 3KG, which in fat is 27,000 calories.

To lose that amount in fat you'd have to have a calorie deficit of almost 4000 calories a day...

Yeah only really possible either the first week you start dieting (due to water weight) or if you are one of these 300+lbs blobs.

To lose that amount in fat you'd have to have a calorie deficit of almost 4000 calories a day...

Water weight

Yeah only really possible either the first week you start dieting (due to water weight) or if you are one of these 300+lbs blobs.

Snap :P

Because it's not all fat most of it is fluids

My house mate does that, from what she says it's not really like that, it's all low fat stuff and no alcohol.

I meanwhile have lost over 2 stone in the past year without even trying :cool:

Well yeah, obviously it's low fat stuff, no diet's gonna let you eat burgers all day and lose weight. But you can have as much lean meat, pasta, potatoes and rice etc as you want. I have a fry up every weekend, curry, chilli, spaghetti bolognese or chicken and chips most nights of the week. It just takes a bit of effort in preparing stuff yourself and being prepared really.

LIke others have said, you get a big loss in the first week (water weight), so I lost 7lbs in my first week, but it's not unusual for me to lose between 3lbs and 5lbs a week on this diet.

Hope things get better for you soon Cambo

Screenshot_2013-10-21-15-54-08_zps668e5b

Wow.....that's some going Dan.

I badly want to do it!

If anyone wants the details...

Two 12oz burger steaks, one of them being a 'chilli burger' (although it isn't really at all spicy), two strips of fried chicken, bacon, cheese, all that in a bun topped with 6 onion rings served with large chips and lettuce.

I'm a disgrace lol

Well yeah, obviously it's low fat stuff, no diet's gonna let you eat burgers all day and lose weight. But you can have as much lean meat, pasta, potatoes and rice etc as you want. I have a fry up every weekend, curry, chilli, spaghetti bolognese or chicken and chips most nights of the week. It just takes a bit of effort in preparing stuff yourself and being prepared really.

LIke others have said, you get a big loss in the first week (water weight), so I lost 7lbs in my first week, but it's not unusual for me to lose between 3lbs and 5lbs a week on this diet.

That's outrageous, some of my absolute favourites in there.