Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

What was the 11%? What is a penalty, and what is the difference between a yellow card and a red card?  :P

We didn't get them back but I assume most were on the video exam, no time to see it again and a lot of them a matter of opinion. It's not an easy course I'll have you know, they had 4 fails last time  :P

Got to sort my train tickets out at some point. My pesmism is putting mr off. I'll book then something will go wrong. Why can't life be simple?

WARNING. TALK OF DNO

Will have to change the dates slightly. Was going on the 16th-23rd Nov to include mine and my sister's birthday ( hers is 15th but going out 16th) Now I found out Action Homeless have their AGM on the 20th at the Phoenix which includes a review of the DNO project, awards,  and a film that is currently in production and being made. So as I am involved I am sort of expected to be present There may also be bigwigs from the National Lotterery to assess the progress and whether it deserves more funding. My paid part ends in December and whether it carries on depends on this.

Apologies for mentiong DNO but you can always disregard that bit.

Edited by Rincewind

Bastard clock change. I didn't know what my phone would do so I turned it all to manual and changed it myself before bed last night. Woke up and it had changed it anyway. Luckily woke up an hour early so wasn't late for work.

It all kicked off tonight. Fights, drunk people falling over, someone having to have the Ambulance called for them, the Police having to attend after closing and more naked people.

Typical night club/strip club or whatever you wanna call it then.

It's not even days, it's nights/mornings! Doing 41 hours in those 5 days, nice pay packet though.

Wednesday: 8pm to 3:30am

Thursday: 9pm to 5:30am

Friday: 8pm to 6:30am

Saturday: 8pm to 6:30am

Sunday 10:45/11am to 5pm

Not sure what I'm gonna do in the gap between the Sunday ones, probably go McDonalds and get breakfast then go and sleep in the staff room.

I did 50 hours last week though should be paid a bit more due to a couple of late finishes and one very early start.

The most I've ever done in a 7 day working week was 131.5 hours. (double time Saturday and Sunday) I think it amounted to actually doing 97 hours in that week.

I did 50 hours last week though should be paid a bit more due to a couple of late finishes and one very early start.

The most I've ever done in a 7 day working week was 131.5 hours. (double time Saturday and Sunday) I think it amounted to actually doing 97 hours in that week.

I reguarly do 70+ hours a week, its wierd when i get time to myself. I dont know what to do with it.

My full time job is hardly intense though, it would be nicer to do something a bit more challenging.

I don't do it myself purely because of the nature of the work and when things go wrong they can go very wrong, it tends to be more hassle than it's worth.

The people against though are usually people who are jealous that they're unable to take their work/skills away from their full time job and apply them elsewhere.

I don't do it myself purely because of the nature of the work and when things go wrong they can go very wrong, it tends to be more hassle than it's worth.

The people against though are usually people who are jealous that they're unable to take their work/skills away from their full time job and apply them elsewhere.

Lazy argument. There are a lot of reasons for folk to get annoyed by someone else making cash in hand.

That said I can't say I'm against it myself without being a hypocrite.

• Like 1

I worked for myself for six years previous to my current predicament, its quite easy to do, you just operate a cash business and a banking one. Usually the cash jobs are for much smaller amounts, so its not like you arent paying tax.

Lazy argument. There are a lot of reasons for folk to get annoyed by someone else making cash in hand.

Its hard to care what people think with all those pub tickets in your hand, besides it takes two to do the deal and there are no shortage of people asking for it.

The way I view it is that should someone decide to make some cash on the side, they're better off. More money earnt means more money being put back into the economy. Strokes might decide he needs a new bathroom and ring up our company for example. Sure it goes untaxed, but does anyone actually see any personal gain from being taxed? (Unless you're on the dole or whatever)

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

The way I view it is that should someone decide to make some cash on the side, they're better off. More money earnt means more money being put back into the economy. Strokes might decide he needs a new bathroom and ring up our company for example. Sure it goes untaxed, but does anyone actually see any personal gain from being taxed? (Unless you're on the dole or whatever)

Certainly agree with keeping the money circulating, and like I said I can't say I wouldn't do the same given the chance. But as Strokes says, be careful and don't take the piss.