Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Started my new job in William Hill the other day. It's boss. Punters are friendly (just old men from round by ours sitting with their Posts), and not much passing trade just the regulars. 

Get to sit and watch racing, discuss racing and football and get paid for it. If it carries on like this then woo hoooo. 

Lamby I may not be the best one to give advice but try not to piss the bosses off by too much whinging they do not need much reason these days to let people go and set others on who are more desperate and willing to do the job for peanuts.

Translation to Workers English.

"I'm clearly not in any position to comment but I blame my boss for me doing nothing and because of that I was released as they found someone who actually could do my job and was grateful for the living wage they provide"

Edited by MattP

Translation to Workers English.

"I'm clearly not in any position to comment but I blame my boss for me doing nothing and because of that I was released as they found someone who actually could do my job and was greatful for the living wage they provide"

Yup, we should all be grateful for the scraps from the Masters table eh, Matt? 

:P

Yup, we should all be grateful for the scraps from the Masters table eh, Matt? 

:P

If you are living in the developed World and feel like you are living off 'scraps' there isn't much I can say. :(

On a sidenote I've just cracked open a beer and I'm not stopping until I've finished celebrating after the Forest game.

If you are living in the developed World and feel like you are living off 'scraps' there isn't much I can say. :(

On a sidenote I've just cracked open a beer and I'm not stopping until I've finished celebrating after the Forest game.

I know, I'm just picking.  :thumbup: The bit about being 'grateful' was too much of a tempting target. If he's paying me, he ought to be fookin grateful for my contribution to his company!  :P

Actually even in a developed country like the one I'm right now it's amazing how many people still fall through the cracks - it's similar in the US too, come to that. Does make me pretty proud of how few actually do in the UK. Our safety net may cost a fair bit, but I wouldn't have it any other way, given what I've seen.

On another note I'm having a couple now, but I've got stuff to do tomorrow so I'll only have some more come tomorrow evening.

Actually even in a developed country like the one I'm right now it's amazing how many people still fall through the cracks - it's similar in the US too, come to that. Does make me pretty proud of how few actually do in the UK. Our safety net may cost a fair bit, but I wouldn't have it any other way, given what I've seen.

Detroit and Atlanta in the USA are incredible, the area around Comerica Park had more homeless people than I saw in the whole of China and Sri Lanka in two weeks.

Went into town and saw that the big screen has disappeared. The city centre just got that little bit shitter.

That's a shame, it looked good and made it look like a little bit of the centre was in the 21st century.

As per usual matt has got it completely wrong. The company that I worked for went bust. Why matt is having a go at me when what I posted is what others would also so is beyond me. I was not having a go at lambys boss but saying he should be careful how he handles the situation. Thought that was a reasonable thing to say. But if I post matt will disagree whatever it is.

Not that exciting for you lads from Leicester,but I met a fellow Foxestalk member in Ely Tescos yesterday.Albeit quite a new member( sneaky fox) I was doing the shopping in my retro Leicester tracky top ( sneaked it out before the wife saw me wearing it) and this guy went" up the blues" had a little chat, talked about a few games and Foxestalk and said if he ever wanted a lift PM me.Seemed a nice bloke.

Oh and back driving after 7 weeks with my knee.Still giving me jip but improving physio reckons 6 months before 100%

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

Work can **** off again, sending me home 4 hours into a 7 hour shift due to the fact "it wasn't that busy", it's actually taking the piss now. I told one of the other senior managers about it taking the piss and said about how it's my only income so I need the guaranteed hours, so he's gonna bring it up in conversation with the one who sent me home.

****ers.

Work can **** off again, sending me home 4 hours into a 7 hour shift due to the fact "it wasn't that busy", it's actually taking the piss now. I told one of the other senior managers about it taking the piss and said about how it's my only income so I need the guaranteed hours, so he's gonna bring it up in conversation with the one who sent me home.

****ers.

What a bunch of cocks, eh?!

• Like 1

****ers.

Happens a lot lately. You've just got to make sure you're working hard and that you are always seen to be doing something. As another poster said, , don't whinge to your managers too much because employees are two a penny nowadays and they'll just replace you (no offence)

Nice one on getting a job though, is it through an agency? What is the job?

Edited by foxfanazer

****ers.

Play it smart Lamby,take every hour as a bonus and as Foxfanzer said look busy,eager and impress.

Or work at G.A.Y get ure cock out on a nightly basis and become employee of the month!

Edited by cambridgefox

****ers.

You need to understand that you are a casual employee.  You dont have guaranteed hours.  Look at it this way - if they didn't have the flexibility to send you home when they dont need you, they wouldn't have given you the job in the first place.  The others who get to stay have probably been there longer than you.

****ers.

If it's not fixed hours contract then you have to take what you get? Just have to make sure the one that doesn't get picked to go home. Obviously that's probably gonna happen as you're the newest and most inexperienced.

Happens a lot lately. You've just got to make sure you're working hard and that you are always seen to be doing something. As another poster said, , don't whinge to your managers too much because employees are two a penny nowadays and they'll just replace you (no offence)

Nice one on getting a job though, is it through an agency? What is the job?

As Floor Staff there's only so much you can do before leaving a 5min gap to do another sweep of the place.

And no agency or anything, my mate is the bar supervisor so got me it.

It would be nice to turn up and to finish a shift though. I could of earned about £80 or so the past 2 days, I've earned £32, that's just about enough to pay for travel for next week and that's it.

Edited by Lamby

As Floor Staff there's only so much you can do before leaving a 5min gap to do another sweep of the place.

It would be nice to turn up and to finish a shift though. I could of earned about £80 or so the past 2 days, I've earned £32, that's just about enough to pay for travel for next week and that's it.

Perfect time for you to be looking for another job Lamby.

Whilst your earning you can still hand your cv out and go for interviews, but just make sure your current boss doesn't find out.

I did this when I was working in All saints, didn't really like the job so started looking for something else but still made sure I was getting a regular income.

i've got a lot of sympathy with you. it must be soul destroying to be treated like this