Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Perfect time for you to be looking for another job Lamby.

Whilst your earning you can still hand your cv out and go for interviews, but just make sure your current boss doesn't find out.

I did this when I was working in All saints, didn't really like the job so started looking for something else but still made sure I was getting a regular income.

This.

There's no easier time to get a job than when you're already in one. I was unemployed for 6 months barring temp jobs, but when you're in work it's so much more appealing to employers than seeing you've been stuck at home for god knows how long.

I agree about you being pissed off you can't work being a good sign, but it's the constant moaning that can be grating. There are thousands in the same boat and you're not above any of them.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

My first two solo static line parachute jumps (one good, one dreadful) before a near death experience on the drive home. Our driver inexplicably drove into the gutter on the left side of the road and when trying to correct herself, nearly swerved into a truck on the opposite carriageway, all at 60mph. If the passenger hadn't taken control of the steering wheel and pulled to the left, I'm sure we would've hit it.

Some day.

• Like 1

My first two solo static line parachute jumps (one good, one dreadful) before a near death experience on the drive home. Our driver inexplicably drove into the gutter on the left side of the road and when trying to correct herself, nearly swerved into a truck on the opposite carriageway, all at 60mph. If the passenger hadn't taken control of the steering wheel and pulled to the left, I'm sure we would've hit it.

Some day.

You need to buy a lottery ticket my friend.

Where did you do your jumps? I'd love to do a parachute jump, even a static line.

You need to buy a lottery ticket my friend.

Where did you do your jumps? I'd love to do a parachute jump, even a static line.

Place called Hibaldstow in north Lincolnshire. I've done tandem before, which is far easier despite being 8,000 feet higher. My first jump was good, my radio was working and they talked me down. Second time, my exit was bad, my descent even worse and my landing dreadful, not sure how I didn't do myself injury.

If you just want to do one jump, for charity for example, then tandem is better as you get to free fall and there's far less responsibility as the guy on your back does everything. If you want to become a qualified skydiver then you will either have to start with a static line jump and progress through the levels, or do the Advanced Free Fall course, which is quicker but much more expensive.

Edited by Jonaldinho

Place called Hibaldstow in north Lincolnshire. I've done tandem before, which is far easier despite being 8,000 feet higher. My first jump was good, my radio was working and they talked me down. Second time, my exit was bad, my descent even worse and my landing dreadful, not sure how I didn't do myself injury.

If you just want to do one jump, for charity for example, then tandem is better as you get to free fall and there's far less responsibility as the guy on your back does everything. If you want to become a qualifier skydiver then you will either have to start with a static line jump and progress through the levels, or do the Advanced Free Fall course, which is quicker but much more expensive.

Cheers, I've always had it in the back of my mind but never actually researched it. Ill have a google now.

Weirdly I would NEVER bunker jump but would love to parachute! God knows why.

Cheers, I've always had it in the back of my mind but never actually researched it. Ill have a google now.

Weirdly I would NEVER bunker jump but would love to parachute! God knows why.

Looking at £150-200 to do a tandem jump, but it's definitely worth it as a one off IMO. So surreal.

Had a nightmare this weekend spent about £100 on two nights out. Usually know something's gone badly wrong if I spend more than £20 a night. Over double two nights in a row. Grim.

£20 on a night out??

One round costs me near on £20, what do you do take a bottle of vodka out and just buy the mixers.

Yeah it is. And you don't have to pay to get in anywhere in Liverpool. Get thoroughly fûcked before leaving, free to get in everywhere, quid/1.50 bottles of beer and quid shots.

Then blag a taxi home with anyone you kinda know who lives anywhere near you, chuck them a few quid and sorted.

£20 on a night out??

One round costs me near on £20, what do you do take a bottle of vodka out and just buy the mixers.

Beat me to it!

20 quid is gone 5 minutes in if you're in the chair. I don't know how people can do a full night out in town and spend less than a ton.

I'd kill to be able to spend only a score on a night out.

Pretty keen not to check my bank balance after just spending the weekend in Newcastle, that said we were in one place which did triples and mixers for £3. Shortly after I stacked it when I walked into a bollard, reckon the two were probably unrelated.  :whistle:

I knew as soon as he posted that, the humble braggers would be out in full force about how they couldn't possibly enjoy a night out on anything less than a few hundred.

It's not humble bragging, I just can't see how you can have a night out on £20.

I was in the Slug & Lettuce on Friday night bought 4 pints of Peroni and didn't get much change of out £20.

It's not humble bragging it's just the cost of drinks that have risen.