Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

It seems like me and the missis are over for good. shes completely adamant that's what's happening once I've gone up to full money around Easter. I'm the type of person that brushes things under the carpet til they actually happen, and as we're still being very civil to each other I think I'm in denial.

It'll kill me when she goes knowing what I've thrown away. Having said that I HATE the fact that she has no ambition in life, to look for a better job, to pass her driving test etc. She just doesn't want to know. It's hard for her as she has no GCSE's thanks to her mum but it shouldn't stop that from her trying her hardest to better herself. It's so frustrating and the cause of many arguments though nothing to do with why we're splitting which is entirely my fault. I thought after 6 years I'd be able to have rubbed off some of my drive to her. Clearly not.

Dad finished his latest dose of chemo yesterday too. He'll be having his tests soon and I imagine his results before Xmas. It's truly the worst feeling I've ever had.

It seems like me and the missis are over for good. shes completely adamant that's what's happening once I've gone up to full money around Easter. I'm the type of person that brushes things under the carpet til they actually happen, and as we're still being very civil to each other I think I'm in denial.

It'll kill me when she goes knowing what I've thrown away. Having said that I HATE the fact that she has no ambition in life, to look for a better job, to pass her driving test etc. She just doesn't want to know. It's hard for her as she has no GCSE's thanks to her mum but it shouldn't stop that from her trying her hardest to better herself. It's so frustrating and the cause of many arguments though nothing to do with why we're splitting which is entirely my fault. I thought after 6 years I'd be able to have rubbed off some of my drive to her. Clearly not.

Dad finished his latest dose of chemo yesterday too. He'll be having his tests soon and I imagine his results before Xmas. It's truly the worst feeling I've ever had.

Why once you've gone up to full money?

is it nothing you can fix? If there's a chance and you still want to be with her then do everything you can.

Sorry to hear about your dad, fingers crossed for some good news mate

I'd not afford to live here on my current wage without a lodger which I'm reluctant to have. And I'd probably not get my mortgage moved to just myself on the current wage either. There's no way I'm selling.

Sorry to hear that.

Nothing i can do no. I've been given many chances which is fair enough. She's superb in some ways and others as I described above utterly frustrating. I do question whether I actually want to be with her because of her lack of drive then wonder if I'm just being harsh. She's known this pay rise was coming for the last couple of years which I think has let her rest on her laurels.

Not too sure what news can be expected of dad and don't really want to know. A test result following 3 ops and a dose of chemo told us it had come back and they couldn't really operate anymore (that was march)

The last finished chemo course revealed that nothing existing had grown and nothing new had either. If they can keep itvat bay like this he'll be alright for now.

Concentrate on your old man at the minute Stu.

From what you have put on here about the Mrs I think you'll end up better off without despite what you may feel.

When shes acted how I've described on here its horrible though I tend to blame myself for it

She's an adult and she's responsible for her own actions, Stu, even if you feel responsible. I'm normally the very first to advocate sticking together, working through it, etc, etc, but to be perfectly blunt, with some of the things you've posted on here about her (and I appreciate we're only hearing one side of the story) I think you'd be better off moving on - you both seem to have such a negative impact on each other. 

She's an adult and she's responsible for her own actions, Stu, even if you feel responsible. I'm normally the very first to advocate sticking together, working through it, etc, etc, but to be perfectly blunt, with some of the things you've posted on here about her (and I appreciate we're only hearing one side of the story) I think you'd be better off moving on - you both seem to have such a negative impact on each other.

I know. I have been a nob to her and in her eyes I may as well have cheated-several times (though I've not)

My issues with her and her job are a totally different matter but is a massive reason as to why i doubt I want to be with her etc. She just cant see it, its the banging your head against a brick wall scenario.

I'll just say it lol, maybe if she made herself more appealing on that front id not be so interested in chatting birds up on facebook (cringe)

I know. I have been a nob to her and in her eyes I may as well have cheated-several times (though I've not)

My issues with her and her job are a totally different matter but is a massive reason as to why i doubt I want to be with her etc. She just cant see it, its the banging your head against a brick wall scenario.

I'll just say it lol, maybe if she made herself more appealing on that front id not be so interested in chatting birds up on facebook (cringe)

There's a line between a little harmless flirting on the rare occasion, and regularly chatting up other birds on Facebook! If the latter is what you're doing, there's definitely something not right with your relationship. 

Went Radio Leicester. There was someone there from the Media side of Shelter and we discussed the projects in Leicester revoved around community media. Including Citizens' Eye DNo Action Homeless INO amongst other things and how they had grown and future prospects.

Next week 20th there is the Action Homeless AGM being held at the Phoenix. They will be highlighting future plans. Also the DNO volunteer awards and a Q&A session to a panel. And of course food will be provided.

I shall stop here as this news will bore some.