Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Nearly pissed myself in the office.This involved my MD so ok.Please have a think before some of you do this at work.

We were trying to think of some actress in a film so IMDb her name.Then the usual procedure is google images.us going " cor,yes I would,the dirty cow"Now the lad in the office puts naked or nude after the actresses name on every google search....just in case.Now what happens is you get loads of photoshopped images.The boss then said for a laugh" sue Perkins"" Lorraine Kelly" fook me it was hilarious .i will never look at those two again the same way.photoshopped or not.i was crying.productive afternoon.

When I don't get given hours, I look at the venues website and go in for the start time of said event. I'm always needed, it's just sometimes they don't tell anyone their actual hours to work.

Clearly not if you've been told to go home when you haven't been given those hours to work. Maybe they can't afford to have so much staff in at that time - hence telling you not to work. 

Clearly not if you've been told to go home when you haven't been given those hours to work. Maybe they can't afford to have so much staff in at that time - hence telling you not to work. 

It's also dependent on how many people turn up for the event too.

If they needed you, or envisaged needing you, they'd let you know.

How do you get to work? It'd be interesting to know how much money you're wasting to turn up at work when you've never been asked to work at that time. A simple phone-call could suffice before you set off and save you bus/taxi fare?

It's good to be pro-active and good you want to work, but don't cross the line and be too eager. It'll just become annoying for them to keep sending you home.

Come on lads give credit where it's due to lamby, he got a lot of stick for shirking work, now he is actually being proactive and looking to get as many hours as possible and you're giving him shit.

Fair play lamby for being proactive, although if you are forking out for transport maybe you should just give them a ring before setting off, see if there are any extra hours that night, rather than just turning up. If you're not on a fixed hours contract then it's good that you are showing lots of enthusiasm and making sure they remember your face, they will hopefully give you more hours.

• Like 4

Come on lads give credit where it's due to lamby, he got a lot of stick for shirking work, now he is actually being proactive and looking to get as many hours as possible and you're giving him shit.

Fair play lamby for being proactive, although if you are forking out for transport maybe you should just give them a ring before setting off, see if there are any extra hours that night, rather than just turning up. If you're not on a fixed hours contract then it's good that you are showing lots of enthusiasm and making sure they remember your face, they will hopefully give you more hours.

Exactly what I just said lol.

Except you didn't actually give him any credit.

I did...

If they needed you, or envisaged needing you, they'd let you know.

How do you get to work? It'd be interesting to know how much money you're wasting to turn up at work when you've never been asked to work at that time. A simple phone-call could suffice before you set off and save you bus/taxi fare?

It's good to be pro-active and good you want to work, but don't cross the line and be too eager. It'll just become annoying for them to keep sending you home.

I just think it's a bit naive from him but it's good that he does want to work, obviously.