Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Arrived home earlier today. Good few days away. internet connection up there not very good. Got up there and the hard drive on the laptop I bought packed up so had to go and see the bloke that sold it me when I got back. TV's still knackered. Got loads of FT messages to get though. may mark them as read to save going through them all. Going to have to use Iplayer to catch up on TV as my sister et all watch different things. My sister is mad on GP so had to endure that over the weekend as well as the rugby.

my sister's fiance reckons a power box has gone on my TV so repair could be more than the cost of a new one. I only want one as a stop gap to last to the new year.

Had some crazy religious dude pray for better health for me on Saturday, the only problem is now I've got a ****ing cold again, what a **** this guy is. So much for "miracles"

Yes , but maybe you were going to get something far more serious , and God let you off  a bit lighter cuz of the prayer .
Edited by Zingari
  • Like 1

But there is no god ;)

How can you say that after he's just shown great mercy to you and let you off with just a cold instead of something really serious ? How very ungrateful !!

He might not show such clemency next time even if someone does pray for you. 

lol

Already going to a pub with my mates to watch Liverpool vs Everton if I get time off work.

I hope you take me somewhere nice though. I'll wear my heels.

But that's a whole 6 hours before it ;) Gotta go to work after it finishes which will be a bit of a strange feeling.

well I have new neighbours.  A married couple with 2 kids.  I happen to be walking past as they were moving in.  They seem very nice.  But why oh why did she have to be a redhead? :wub:

Well, listen up, stud,
Your life's been wasted
'til you've got' down on your knees and tasted
A red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.

I work from home almost every day which can get a bit lonely so I like to put a DVD on the PC to run in the background.

Today's background is The World at War.

26 episodes of brilliant documentary about WW2.

Everybody should watch this at least once in their life.

Down this road, on a summer day in 1944. . . the soldiers came. Nobody lives here now. They stayed only a few hours. When they had gone, the community which had lived for a thousand years. . . was dead.

This is Oradour-sur-Glane, in France. The day the soldiers came, the people were gathered together. The men were taken to garages and barns, the women and children were led down this road . . . and they were driven. . . into this church. Here, they heard the firing as their men were shot. Then. . . they were killed too. A few weeks later, many of those who had done the killing were themselves dead, in battle.

They never rebuilt Oradour. Its ruins are a memorial. Its martyrdom stands for thousands upon thousands of other martyrdoms in Poland, in Russia, in Burma, in China, in a World at War...

At the village of Oradour-sur-Glane, the day the soldiers came, they killed more than six hundred men, women . . . and children. Remember

• Like 3