Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

The new DNO newspaper is out today. No online version yet. But the front page story is about this bloke

WWW.christianaroundbritain.co.UK

He is ex army and found himself sleeping rough when he came out and was unable to get financial help so was unable to find anywhere to live. So rather than sleeping in the same doorway he decided to walk around the coast for charity.

I have some poems featured..

Went to the annual scrounge-a-thon at the painting show today, very slim picking compared to most years, tee shirts and pens and not much else. I entered a skills competition which I was leading for about 3 hours until some girl in her 20s beat me into second place, which really, really pissed me off. 

The new DNO newspaper is out today. No online version yet. But the front page story is about this bloke

WWW.christianaroundbritain.co.UK

He is ex army and found himself sleeping rough when he came out and was unable to get financial help so was unable to find anywhere to live. So rather than sleeping in the same doorway he decided to walk around the coast for charity.

I have some poems featured..

He wasn't sleeping rough, he had a choice of 20 bedrooms every night.

Read the website you have put up, he ran a hotel in Blackpool but decided to sell it as he wanted to highlight the plight of Army veterans who end up homeless by doing this.

I'll be donating though considering his money is going to Help for Heroes. Great cause and a great effort.

Edited by MattP

Ken, what's your experience on beggars approaching people to ask for money.

Had one come up to us at the clock tower, my greek friend didn't know what she wanted at first so he was talking in English to her then when she asked for money he turned to greek "Ellinika Milas?" lol which means do you speak greek. at that point i burst out laughing and after feeling bad about laughing I gave to the homeless for the first time in years lol

Edited by eastfox

Had a couple of experiences . I don't normally give money though. The geuiine people do not ask for help. I have done on a few ccasions. Once when I was going to Engage (ACTION homeless hostel) for a ob interview. There is a lot of help available but it has to be sought. I doubt many on here would know who to contact. In the new paper there is loads of info about where to go and phone numbers.. I have left some copies at the Kings Head. They will also be available at Apex and possibly Coffee Republic and maybe the library as well hostels. I will distribute some if I can.

Has the DNO front page story actually stated that the guy was homeless, unable to find anywhere to live and turned down for financial help before before doing this walk?

never knew that. It explains why he was not keen on Jews. Needed someone to blame which was applauded as he grew more powful. Although if it was not him somebody else would have spoken out. He had in his favour a good voice that was able to convince people that he was right.

which reminds me,  who is the editor of the Mail?

never knew that. It explains why he was not keen on Jews. Needed someone to blame which was applauded as he grew more powful. Although if it was not him somebody else would have spoken out. He had in his favour a good voice that was able to convince people that he was right.

which reminds me, who is the editor of the Mail?

Terrible.

Mind you if you think the Mail is bad for distorting the truth I've seen a rag today that said a man was homeless, desolute, had been turned down for financial help and sleeping in a doorway when in reality he was running a three star hotel.

Always important to dig a bit deeper and make sure you get the fullest of the facts.

I work from home almost every day which can get a bit lonely so I like to put a DVD on the PC to run in the background.

Today's background is The World at War.

26 episodes of brilliant documentary about WW2.

Everybody should watch this at least once in their life.

Down this road, on a summer day in 1944. . . the soldiers came. Nobody lives here now. They stayed only a few hours. When they had gone, the community which had lived for a thousand years. . . was dead.

This is Oradour-sur-Glane, in France. The day the soldiers came, the people were gathered together. The men were taken to garages and barns, the women and children were led down this road . . . and they were driven. . . into this church. Here, they heard the firing as their men were shot. Then. . . they were killed too. A few weeks later, many of those who had done the killing were themselves dead, in battle.

They never rebuilt Oradour. Its ruins are a memorial. Its martyrdom stands for thousands upon thousands of other martyrdoms in Poland, in Russia, in Burma, in China, in a World at War...

At the village of Oradour-sur-Glane, the day the soldiers came, they killed more than six hundred men, women . . . and children. Remember

Wasn't expecting to read that this morning. Cheers for posting, had a pretty shit day yesterday, but that kinda puts it into perspective, my problems really are insignificant.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face