Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

At the point now where I need to start thinking about post uni. A mate of mine is considering Postgraduate degree but I don't think the debt is worth it for me. Already been on the phone to agencies who rang me up and could have actually had an interview for a entry level developer job already but i'm still at uni. Would rather get into work now and get the taste of money.

At the point now where I need to start thinking about post uni. A mate of mine is considering Postgraduate degree but I don't think the debt is worth it for me. Already been on the phone to agencies who rang me up and could have actually had an interview for a entry level developer job already but i'm still at uni. Would rather get into work now and get the taste of money.

I did a post grad degree and wish I'd never bothered now. Only just finished paying for the ****ing thing about 5 years later. Unless it's guarenteed to give you better, concrete job options when you're done, I'd say don't bother with it - especially if you're being offered interviews now. Your time would be much better spent getting an entry level job and working your way up.

Altering the brightness doen't help will need to take another. The photographer there took loads so his will be better.

I was half expecting something. I was going away 16th-23rd but  I was pursuaded to change the dates so i could attend the AGM. There were a few awards given out mainly to the regulars. They said mine was because I had always been around to contribute and of my poetry for some strange reason.

Went to the AGM for Action Homeless. The report and strategy for the next five years is available via their site. There were also two fims shown. One from Action Homeless which I posted a few days ago in the vid section, and a partly edited unfinished one about the DNO project which involves interviewing volunteers some who are ex-hostel dwellers and homeless and depression suffers. I was also interviewed.

The last part was DNO awards. I received one. A glass trophy with an inscription on. I tried to take a photo of it but it hasn't uploaded from my phone very well. Lost some quality.

1463705_10151706143317003_1851397854_n.j

well done ken.

As for my day well I'm recovering from the arctic monkeys last night.

Edited by purpleronnie

Yesterday, Action Homeless joined forces with the Down Not Out community media agency to host an AGM and Showcase Event at the Phoenix in Leicester. The event was a great success with over 60 people attending to find out more about the projects and services on offer to people who are experiencing homelessness.

Mark Grant, Action Homeless Chief Executive, kicked things off with a round-up of the last 12 months and a look at Action Homeless’ plans for the future. Guests viewed the new strategy film which sets out Action Homeless’ vision for the next 5 years. The event also marked the official launch of Action Homeless’ Winter Appeal which this year focuses on Bridge House, a project supporting women and children who have had to flee their homes.

The Down Not Out team then took to the stage to talk about their successes and presented a number of their volunteers with awards, celebrating personal achievements and highlighting the importance of the project for all those who have been involved. Keep your eye out for a brand new film all about the project coming soon.

We’d like to thank everyone who attended and helped to make the event a success.

agm2-300x225.jpegagm3-300x225.jpeg

I believe that is me in the first photo.

They have also put the wrong link to DNO. That is an old site.

Edited by Rincewind

Tired.

Cricket taking effect, another drunken all nighter tonight. Groves tomorrow, another all nighter, mate boxing Sunday afternoon. Another all nighter, can see myself being in bed from Monday to Wednesday.

On the way to work noticed a lot of emergency vehicles and a traffic jam outside the Tigers ground, Welford side.

Was unwell so went home early, four and a half hours later the emergency services are still there along with a bus pulled up with hazard lights on, must have been something nasty happen.

L

Looked in Argos at the TVs mostly albas. Saw a couple on the market one with DVD player. Not bothered about the size. Just need to connect to my digital channels., one with DVD would be nice..

Don't buy one with built in DVD. When it died you waste the DVD or the TV. DVD players are what £15 these days ?

L

Looked in Argos at the TVs mostly albas. Saw a couple on the market one with DVD player. Not bothered about the size. Just need to connect to my digital channels., one with DVD would be nice..

dont know what your budget is Ken, or if you can get Richer Sounds, but don't buy from Argos if you can help it

i doubt you want a biggun, so this for eg. has freeview built in etc.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/19mn43d/lg-19mn43d

That or Amazon will have good deals