Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On the way to work noticed a lot of emergency vehicles and a traffic jam outside the Tigers ground, Welford side.

Was unwell so went home early, four and a half hours later the emergency services are still there along with a bus pulled up with hazard lights on, must have been something nasty happen.

Cycled past that on the way home... I think the bus drove into the 'cradle' of a cherry picker as there was one next tot he road with the cradle sticking out over the road and the top front window of the bus was smashed in. I hope nobody was hurt.

Rewatched the whole of the 03 rugby world cup final. 10 years ago today. Doesn't feel that long ago!

I honestly didn't even know there was a world cup going on, less so that england were in the final. I dont think many of us lads knew. The first notion I got of it was we'd finished some ridiculously long run and we were waiting to be dismissed by our PTI when our NCO's turned up bladdered telling the PTI 'we'd' won.

Rewatched the whole of the 03 rugby world cup final. 10 years ago today. Doesn't feel that long ago!

I honestly didn't even know there was a world cup going on, less so that england were in the final. I dont think many of us lads knew. The first notion I got of it was we'd finished some ridiculously long run and we were waiting to be dismissed by our PTI when our NCO's turned up bladdered telling the PTI 'we'd' won.

Don't buy one with built in DVD. When it died you waste the DVD or the TV. DVD players are what £15 these days ?

Thats one thing that puts me off. I do have a DVD player. Only one scart leat on my present TV but I can record on it so DVD not really needed. (Virgin Box recorderbal

This is the second time me and 'the missis' have been woken by noises coming from the neighbours. I could hear a banging noise, almost like someone chiselling brickwork actually (to the point where i ran downstairs to see if i could see anything) It was at that point Lydia came downstairs and said she was calling the police as she could hear the banging as well as a girl screaming/crying.

This is the second time me and 'the missis' have been woken by noises coming from the neighbours. I could hear a banging noise, almost like someone chiselling brickwork actually (to the point where i ran downstairs to see if i could see anything) It was at that point Lydia came downstairs and said she was calling the police as she could hear the banging as well as a girl screaming/crying.

Posted Today, 03:56 AM

So the OB have been round the neighbours. Then stupidly knocked on our house immediately afterwards to tell Lydia the girl next door says nothings happening lol

It blatantly is. Its girls like this who deserve what they get in terms of domestic abuse

No one deserves domestic abuse. 

Banging and screaming & crying out, eh?  Could be sex noises?  :dunno:

Nah it wasn't that mate. We've heard them at that as well so we can distinguish the noises now lol Everything I've seen suggests hes just the type to do this.

Not deserve it no, but she won't get any sympathy off me any more.

Can't you see that it can cause them even more pain, both physically and mentally, if they tell someone about it though? If there's no proof and the guy puts on a nice front in public then it's all the more tough.

Can't you see that it can cause them even more pain, both physically and mentally, if they tell someone about it though? If there's no proof and the guy puts on a nice front in public then it's all the more tough.

If a woman is being battered about you'd expect them to jump at the first possibility. I know that rarely happens though. I'd actually put that down to women being daft over stuff like this. Do women really believe all blokes treat girls like that and its 'the norm'? Or telling themselves that they love him so its all ok.

Anyway I admit I feel slightly silly ringing the police last night but at the time and considering this wasn't the first time i felt it the right thing to do.

If a woman is being battered about you'd expect them to jump at the first possibility. I know that rarely happens though. I'd actually put that down to women being daft over stuff like this. Do women really believe all blokes treat girls like that and its 'the norm'? Or telling themselves that they love him so its all ok.

Anyway I admit I feel slightly silly ringing the police last night but at the time and considering this wasn't the first time i felt it the right thing to do.

Defo the right thing to do...

That doesn't happen though. They may stay if they have young children. They may have grown up in a home where there was domestic violence. Where would they go if they left? I know someone who was a victim. She eventually left with her two young daughters and ended up in a hostel. She has now recovered and does great work helping other women in the same position.

She said he wasn't a natual violent person, that is to say outside the home and believes it is power over the victim more than a violent nature. There are organisations that can give advice and support.

Edited by Rincewind

dont know what your budget is Ken, or if you can get Richer Sounds, but don't buy from Argos if you can help it

i doubt you want a biggun, so this for eg. has freeview built in etc.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/19mn43d/lg-19mn43d

That or Amazon will have good deals

went in Richer Sounds earlier. The prices were noy as bad as I thought. Ended up buying a Samsung 23"  $149 (cant find the pound key on this laptop) Easy enough setting up. My other is also Samsung so left the leads in my Virgin Box and put the scart and HDL connectors in. Thought I'd get one cheaper at Asda in Oadby but I'd have to get it back which might have involved taking it on a bus or a taxi. Walking from London Road was not too far and it was not heavy. Even stopped off at McIndian.

Got the TV on. pictures OK. My old remote works as well. it has PC connectors too. Thought it had Freeview but instruction book only shows setup.

Need to get rid of my other now.