Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Funny weekend,went to London with the family and friends.First stop London dungeons.Most impressed,although in our group of about 20 they like to pick people out in various rooms,out of about 10 people to get picked out I was chosen 4 times,I think as I'm tall I stand out.Near the end when I got chosen they asked for my name,again.The rest of the group just laughed and shouted my name.Sue Perkins was in our group and was a good sport.

Then my mum phoned that night to tell me my 94 year old grandad,who thinks he is 50( only just sold his towing caravan!) decided to climb a ladder,fell and broke his hip.My nan only found him 30 mins later as he said he was going in another room to watch sky sports.Honestly he needs to slow it down,was caught climbing a tree last year" because I wanted to see if I could" my mates think they look in their 70s.All fixed and now getting told off either by the nurses for pushing himself too much or by my mum as without meaning to be racist is not PC at all,my mum threatened to leave and told him off for describing the surgeon who he thought was a really nice kind bloke and caring as( sorry if this offends)" him over there with the brown face who looks like he should be in the Taliban"He has history of this last time he was in and this was to the nurse he said he would marry.We just can't educate him,he means well but it's embarrassing .

Horrible story that Stu. Lucky enough to have not been in that position but I've simply no idea how I'd react.

Spent the weekend in Germany. Went to watch Frankfurt v Schalke and it really is such a different culture over there. In England, you walk around with a beer can - you get it taken off you. In Germany, the club employs people to stand there with bin liners between the station and the ground, to collect empty cans.

English football's got some serious catching up to do.

Glad you finally got around to it, knew you would find it terrific.

Problem is you'll get twice as pissed off down the KP now you have done a game over in germany.

Yeh I'd planned to for a while and when I heard they were going, I had to join them. They've swerved Ipswich away two years running to go to Frankfurt now.

I've got to be honest - there is more trouble than in England. I think if the authorities saw the scenes I saw outside a pub in Frankfurt they'd laugh off any claim to model anything on German football. The way I see it though, is it's still a minority. They don't try and sanitise the majority's experience for the sake of a few hundred.

I felt envious. Very, very envious. It was a great game that ended 3-3, and whilst I didn't feel great joy at Frankfurt's goals nor did I feel down when Schalke scored, it was a pretty special experience. The thought of it in England is surreal.

I've accepted a while back that it's different at the minute in England so I won't be especially pissed off on Saturday. I think the experience was a combination of passionate fans being retained (doesn't happen in England IMO), freedom for fans to do what they want (it felt surreal standing in an aisle with the only people coming up to me were trying to sell me beer), more sensible pricing and entertaining football. I do wonder if I just got lucky but I don't think I did, it matched the description of all that I'd heard beforehand and I can safely say based on that, it absolutely pisses all over the Premier League.

Horrible story that Stu. Lucky enough to have not been in that position but I've simply no idea how I'd react.

Spent the weekend in Germany. Went to watch Frankfurt v Schalke and it really is such a different culture over there. In England, you walk around with a beer can - you get it taken off you. In Germany, the club employs people to stand there with bin liners between the station and the ground, to collect empty cans.

English football's got some serious catching up to do.

Genuine business opportunities here being missed - more pissed punters = more regretful spending.

Genuine business opportunities here being missed - more pissed punters = more regretful spending.

I agree. The German clubs must rake in some serious money through beer sales.

Even if they do make less money, they don't seem to spend as much because they're far more focused on academies and team ethic from a younger age. They've got a better relationship with their fans over there and actually unleash their culture on everyone, where-as in England we seem to do whatever we can to hold it back. It's all attitude and that's where we slack in this country, for a number of things too.

Do you know what sort buddy?I'm a bit of a snake geek!Australia being home to most of the big 10 I'm not surprised you shat yourself.

Not sure it was black with white sort of squiggles on its back. I've seen snakes there before but this was the first in ages and it really took me by surprise hence why it got so close to me.

Not sure it was black with white sort of squiggles on its back. I've seen snakes there before but this was the first in ages and it really took me by surprise hence why it got so close to me.

I'm stumped to be honest,not as good as I thought.A Bandy Bandy is black but with hoops,Eastern tiger snake dark brown with yellow marks.Now that snake is evil!bah I'm going to be stewing now,will have to look it up.

I'm stumped to be honest,not as good as I thought.A Bandy Bandy is black but with hoops,Eastern tiger snake dark brown with yellow marks.Now that snake is evil!bah I'm going to be stewing now,will have to look it up.

It probably was a Bandy Bandy, but i think they are nocturnal snakes. It was still light out but in a bushy shady part of the national park.

vermicella%20annulata1df.jpg

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Good day. Busy day at work with a productive tech meeting with my team. I received some valuable praise from the gaffer. Big gym session followed by a swim and then sauna to relax.

Downside being the mrs is ill, unsure exactly what but I suspect she is exhausted. Constant studying for her final Acca exam resulted in her not having a weekend at all she sacrificed it for college. It's her birthday Thursday so we can relax then!

So my date for today is no more, she's not text me since 8am on Monday, so we move on. At least the one for Thursday is proper up for it.

First game postponed due to opposition failing to name a full team. The game on Thursday should go ahead as planned, commentary coming from the 'How Was Your Day?' thread.

• Like 1

First game postponed due to opposition failing to name a full team. The game on Thursday should go ahead as planned, commentary coming from the 'How Was Your Day?' thread.

Thing is, if you're likening his dates to football matches, that means tonight's girl would have been champions league, whilst tomorrow's is Europa league! :|

Thing is, if you're likening his dates to football matches, that means tonight's girl would have been champions league, whilst tomorrow's is Europa league! :|

Sounds like he was fortunate to qualify for the Champions League in the first place. Bookies were backing him for relegation before the start of the season. After the first manager change you feared the worst but he seems to have found his feet.