Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.herefordt...its_own/?ref=mr

Leftover cabbage sprouts 12-inch foliage in less than a fortnight

Comments are great

Biomech says...

2:22pm Tue 11 Sep 12

Are you taking the ****? I know that the Hereford Times newsfeeds rarely update with more than one story every 2-3 days, but this must be a joke? A cabbage - grows a leaf. That's now news?

And yet, surprisingly, when people submit stories of local businesses winning national awards and people doing charity bike rides from John O'Groats to Lands End... you ignore them.

What an absolutely pathetic paper.

lol

http://www.herefordt...its_own/?ref=mr

Leftover cabbage sprouts 12-inch foliage in less than a fortnight

Comments are great

I like the bit at the end. I can't wait for the follow-up stories:

If any reader has had a similar experience with fruit or vegetables, or knows what causes the rapid growth, they can call the Hereford Times on 01432 845884.

http://www.examiner....an-creationists

Dr. Pepper’s ‘Evolution of Flavor’ angers Christian creationists

A recent Doctor Pepper ad touting the “Evolution of Flavor†angers Christians who reject the scientific theory of evolution. Controversy began after a tongue in cheek ad suggesting the popular soda played a pivotal role in the evolution of man appeared on Dr. Pepper’s Facebook page.

The ad appeared September 13, and immediately drew angry response from Christians who reject the scientific theory of evolution. The following is a sample of the many comments left by Christian creationists:

"I love Dr. Pepper but hate this photo. Forget evolution... Jesus all the way!"

"Well, there goes my support for this company."

"I ain't no freaking chimp. No more Dr Pepper for my household. God Bless y'all."

"Well you might think you came from a monkey but I came from Jesus I'll pray for you"

Once the Christian creationists began their attack on the Dr.Pepper ad, Reddit's atheism subreddit joined the fray, after a photo and link to the ad was posted with the following comment:

Dr.Pepper just posted this on their Facebook and are already receiving backlash from Christians for promoting evolution.

Many redditors responded to the call, upholding reason and science, and ridiculing religious superstition. One of the most popular comments on the Reddit thread read:

“The day your faith is shaken by a Dr. Pepper ad is the day you should probably start reconsidering your faith.â€

Aaaah, butt-hurt religtards. Is there any better thing? Still - if you're offended by a drinks ad, maybe the world isn't for you.

r/atheism's comments are absolutely crackling mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm...

'I was beaten on to the streets by my husband in my early 20s,' she said. 'He told me unless I earned money for him he would leave me, and I had children and loved him, so I had to do it.'

She found work at a window brothel in the heart of Amsterdam's red light district.

Both tell of the heartache of seeing most of their children bounce in and out of care as well as the shame she brought on her family when caught by her mother soliciting on the streets

It's not the usual kind of thing I chuckle at...

Edited by Alexikokopops

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm...

'I was beaten on to the streets by my husband in my early 20s,' she said. 'He told me unless I earned money for him he would leave me, and I had children and loved him, so I had to do it.'

She found work at a window brothel in the heart of Amsterdam's red light district.

Both tell of the heartache of seeing most of their children bounce in and out of care as well as the shame she brought on her family when caught by her mother soliciting on the streets

It's not the usual kind of thing I chuckle at...

Nobody reads the whole article these days, it was funny, they had funny names, and were prostitutes and grannies, what could be funnier, it is like an Adam Sandler film, but funny. :ph34r:

A supermarket in Ipswich hired a worker and then had to sack him because he had been banned for shoplifting.

Vishal Patel, 24, got a job at Sainsbury's Warren Heath store despite facing a UK-wide ban from the chain.

He had been given a suspended sentence by magistrates in Ipswich for stealing a bottle of spirits from the same store a year ago.

Sainsbury's said it withdrew the job offer when it realised Patel, of Dog's Head Street in Ipswich, was banned.

The supermarket said Patel had only been in training and had not worked on the shop floor.

A spokesperson said: "Mr Patel was convicted of crimes and banned from all our stores a year ago.

"He neglected to mention his banning or conviction on his application form or at the subsequent interview and as soon as this came to our attention we rescinded his job offer."

Patel refused to comment.

Found this more odd than amusing but anyway...

1 October 2012 Last updated at 22:21 ET