Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

Science is a great subject. Some sort of science is used in everything we do or see.

You what?

Of course it is. Do you know how all-encompassing the term science is when you consider everything which it relates to.

Its like saying matter is great, some sort of matter is involved in everything we see and touch!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4808982/Justin-Bieber-barred-by-Manchester-nightclub-Sankeys.html

Justin Bieber wasn't allowed in Sankeys. They are buggers though, because I went during freshers week, and I wasn't allowed in because I was 'too drunk' (which wasn't the case)... Just funny here because of who it is.

You what?

Of course it is. Do you know how all-encompassing the term science is when you consider everything which it relates to.

Its like saying matter is great, some sort of matter is involved in everything we see and touch!!!

I was just responding to those that say it is false and fixed..

Danny Dyer comedy makes £602 at the box office

'Run For Your Wife', the new comedy starring Danny Dyer and Denise Van Outen, made just £602 on its opening weekend.

The film, which has also been mauled by the UK critics, made just £67 per screen, plus another £320 from previews.

Danny-Neil-5-jpg_084415.jpg

It will be rolled out to a further 65 screens, but in late morning and early afternoon slots.

Directed by the writer of the original stage play, 80-year-old Ray Cooney, it also features Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding, and a wealth of British stars in cameo roles.

Harding and Van Outen play the wives of bigamist taxi driver John Smith, played by Dyer, while elsewhere there are appearances from Neil Morrissey, Lionel Blair, Barry Cryer, Maureen Lipman, Judi Dench, Rolf Harris, Andrew Sachs, Dennis Waterman, Cliff Richard, Prunella Scales, Christopher Biggins, Ray Winstone and the late Richard Briers.

Many of those making cameo appearances agreed to give their fee to a theatrical charity.

It currently has a rare 0% 'fresh rating' on reviews aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, and has been roundly slated for being dated and out of touch.

“It is abysmal, dealing in outdated stereotypes that will leave you in a state of appalled amazement,†wrote Chris Tookey in the Daily Mail, while Tom Huddleston in Time Out simply advised: “Run for the exit.â€

http://uk.movies.yah...084746309.html

I believe I read somewhere else that this looks as if it was a tax scam along the lines of The Producers.

Still it looks right up Leicesterpool's street.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

You would have thought a Twitter retweet from Justin Bieber would signal a pretty good day in social networking terms. Perhaps a few followers, a bit of kudos.

But one teenager is now wishing the popstar had never engaged with her on Twitter - after she felt the full force of fan jealously on the social networking site.

British teen Courtney Barrasford fell victim to a torrent of Belieber abuse when the Canadian star - who has 35 million followers - retweeted her post: "Not a really a fan of Justin Bieber but his acoustic album is actually good!"

Within minutes of Justin acknowledging her tweet, she had been flooded with messages of hate from fans across the world who felt she didn't deserve the retweet as she wasn't a fan.

One tweeter posted: "You ain't even a f***ing belieber and you got RT'd by Justin and you aren't even showing a little excitement? Wow.. @Courtney_CB"

While Smile Justin♥♥ â€@YamellSwaggy added: "Justin shouldnt RT people like @Courtney_CB she doesnt even care......."

The hate got so bad that Courtney threatened to leave Twitter, posting: "So tempted to delete twitter and no I'm not saying this for attention!"

And before long she was getting death threats and gossip made up about her and the 19-year-old singer.

She told the Daily Mail: "It started to get worse as more people found out. I had things like “you’re not a fan, go kill yourself."

And things got really weird when they started creating rumours about the pair.

She added: "So far things hadn’t got to me. But then they started saying I was pregnant with his child, and that my child would be a prostitute."

The schoolgirl was even forced to tweet a denial: "You and Justin are so cute together congratulations about they baby b... — We are not a couple and im not pregnant."

lol

Edited by FoxyPV

Northern Ireland's chief constable has rejected the first minister's claim that unionists regard the police as biased against them and soft on mainstream republicans.

Matt Baggott, head of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, stressed: "All of our actions have been taken impartially and within the rule of law."

He was responding to concerns raised on Monday night in a meeting with Peter Robinson that unionists felt they were not being treated fairly compared to republicans.

At the weekend prominent loyalist flag protesters Willie Frazer and Jamie Bryson were remanded in custody after appearing in court charged with offences connected to the union flag dispute at Belfast city hall.

On Friday, however, the senior south Armagh republican Sean Gerard Hughes was granted bail after facing charges relating to the murder of Belfast man Robert McCartney after a row with IRA members in a city pub eight years ago. There was further controversy on Tuesday over Hughes, 51, being given bail when it emerged he attended an event shortly after he was freed commemorating two south Armagh IRA men.

The Ulster Unionist assembly member and power-sharing minister Danny Kennedy said Hughes' attendance at an event just hours after his court appearance was a disgrace.

"Not only is it a grave insult to the family and friends of Robert McCartney, it severely undermines confidence in the judicial process.

"Publicity surrounding the event brazenly boasted of both men's involvement on attacks on British soldiers and advertised Sean Hughes as a speaker," Kennedy said.

In the light of Hughes getting bail and Frazer and Bryson being being remanded in custody, Robinson said unionists believed they were not being treated equally.

"There certainly is a perception out there within the unionist community that when you see several leading republicans getting bail and several leading members of the loyalist community not getting bail that there is a lack of balance in the way these matters are dealt with," he said.

"There is a large section of our community who don't believe the police have been impartial in dealing with these issues and therefore, in my view [it is] an imperative issue for the police to show why they take decisions, with regard to a set of circumstances, differently than another. That is a matter for the police to show and convince the public."

But the chief constable emphasised on Tuesday that bail decisions are down to the judiciary while decisions to prosecute are taken by the Public Prosecution Service.

"Over the past months the PSNI has successfully dealt with an incredibly volatile situation with great patience and professionalism," he said. "A situation made all the more difficult by the absence of political consensus. All of our actions have been taken impartially and within the rule of law. No one has been seriously injured.

"For weeks I have been warning about the consequences of law breaking and the fact that evidence was being gathered. There should be no surprises with the outcomes."

The dispute over restrictions on the days the union flag flies on top of city hall is entering its 13th week and has resulted in more than 100 arrests, dozens of police officers being injured and city traders losing millions in revenue.

I can't make a lol big enough for this.

I heard about that pipsqueak Justin Bieber getting booed by is own fans for being two hours late plus didn't really apologize till the very end and most people said it was a forced a apology aswell, just a a quick sentence at the end "sorry i was late" that was it plus a short twitter message. People who like Justin Bieber are such idiots he really disrespects his fans, it won't be long till Bieber becomes old hat until someone else similar to him knocks him off the market,

If he ever came to the king power to sing at half time he'd get boo'ed to hell!

Edited by Leicesterpool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...humber-22185222

A Dalek will be used by an East Yorkshire holiday resort to attract visitors to the town.

Bridlington Town Council voted in favour of using the life-sized replica "for appropriate events" over the summer season.

The proposal to use the Dr Who monster was put forward by UKIP councillor Malcolm Milns, who saw the Dalek during a visit to a local pet shop.

Mr Milns said he had been looking for a tourist attraction for the town.

He said: "I've had nearly seven years now as a councillor off and on in Bridlington, with two different councils. I've never known such interest in anything.

"I think it will be the high spot of my career."

The life-sized replica is owned and operated by 17-year-old Billy Wilkie.

Bridlington council said the use of the Dalek would have "no cost implications for the council".

What exactly are these appropriate events?

Edited by The Doctor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...