Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

5b8ef0ea-034e-4d5e-aeee-45f9fc721b90_NTI

He's not the usual kind of character spotted alone on the streets of a quiet English town.

But residents in Northampton have become increasingly spooked by this clown figure who keeps popping up at night in their town centre.

The sinister figure - dressed like the clown from Stephen King's horror film, 'It', sports a frizzy red wig and full costume when he waves at passers-by.

One woman even reported the clown had knocked on her front door and offered to paint her windowsills - despite having no equipment on him.

There has been no explanation for the sudden night-time appearances of the joker, but he has even set up a Facebook group detailing his bizarre exploits.

He signs off each update with 'beep beep' - the notorious Stephen King character's catchphrase.

Since his first appearance on Friday 13th the clown has sparked a raft of speculation among worried locals who fear he may be up to no good.

Other residents have even threatened to ATTACK the evil-looking clown if they ever see him across the East Midlands town.

But he has since taken to social networks to defend his actions and says he just 'wants to be spotted.'

He wrote: 'Too much hate not enough love.

f85422f9-1682-4f09-ac26-24d1315cb1e4_NTI

'To prove i'm real to all the lovers and doubters, i'll see you in town today. Keep those eyes peeled.

'I don't terrorise people I just want to be spotted.

'I'm also 'not' on twitter as it confuses the heck out of me.

'However, i might go for a jog around that pond in Abington park later as i'm really unfit... See you around! Beep Beep!'

9953cd01-399d-428a-8c78-77467ff77d06_NTI

Residents in Northampton have so far been unable to unmask the mysterious clown. (SWNS/Facebook)

The Northampton Clown has been spotted in several locations across the town since he first appeared on Friday.

Since then he has been snapped by locals clutching a set of juggling clubs and even colourful balloons in one shot.

The most recent shot, taken on Sunday evening, showed him stood in the middle of a shopping district at around 11pm.

In a caption to the shot he wrote: 'Beep Beep! Didn't think i'd be seen tonight. Extremely quiet but there were a few of you who saw. See you all around.'

Some social network users with coulrophobia - a fear of clowns - have pleaded with him to stop.

Others say they are simply 'freaked out' by his late night appearances.

Kelly Keen wrote:  'You've been spotted now get out of the clown suit and start acting like a grown up that you supposing are and stop scaring people as some people do have real fears of clowns and you are terrorising them despite what you may say.'

However, others praised the prankster for creating a talking point among locals and providing local mystery.

Jay Gould wrote: 'Poor clown just trying to liven up Northampton and people threatening to hurt him.'

Jessica Maffre (corr) wrote: 'Loving all this, it's brightened up boring old Northampton a treat, people need to stop taking things so serious and just enjoy the fun, don't try and ruin it, and please dont be violent towards the clown.'

Northamptonshire Police confirmed they had received calls from members of the public reporting three clown-related sightings over the weekend.

However, they said no crimes had been reported involving people dressed as clowns or any arrests been made in connection with the clown sightings.

IT's quite sad that people feel threatened and want to attack someone for doing nothing wrong, this is a much better way to get noticed than trolling twitter accounts and such, I think more people should do it.

lol

I'm going to follow this man on twitter, who knows what comical anecdotes I might be missing out on!

What a great man, he will ensure UKIP don't get anywhere in the next election. Hopefully they have a few more like him to show everyone hat his party policies really are.

How did no-one notice this at any point in the design process!!!??

Pepsi have collaborated with the Japanese clothing company A Bathing Ape and their 'Aape' label on some can designs.

They may have chosen the wrong font for the billboards though.... (unless it's some extremely cynical PR)

AAPE-Pepsi-Collab-02.jpg

• Like 1

This was in the Metro Tuesday. It may amuse one or two of you.

Mobility Mayhem

Campaigner Tracey Vinyard traveled from Blackpool to London on a 4mph mobility scooter. Ms Vinyard ran over a cyclist, sleptt rough  was arrested and robbed during a two-week trip to highlight disabled access issues. The 50-year-old said; 'I am not sure I would try it again.'

:)

Now that is dedicated but all she got was eight lines in a free paper that nobody reads or believes. :)

Following on from the recent gayness of FT.

http://americablog.com/2013/09/pasta-barilla-gays-can-eat-someone-elses-pasta.html

Can't knock him for being honest, I do like someone who takes a stand and sticks to it lol

Entitled to his own opinion but to be so dumb that he didn't realise this would mean sales would probably plummet is beyond belief.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9739414/Man-burns-his-head-after-mistaking-iron-for-phone.html

Polish man burns ear after mistaking iron for telephone, then injured himself trying to put water on the burn.

Or even better: http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/polish-man-tries-rob-bank-spoon-3096463

Polish man tries to rob bank with a spoon, scared away by the cashiers screaming.

Former Labour leader Neil Kinnock was kicked out of his seat during a Premier League football match after upsetting fans with his wild celebrations. :D 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/telegraphsportnews/10346461/Neil-Kinnock-kicked-out-of-seat-at-Cardiff-City-match-for-wild-celebrations.html

flippin hooligans !!