Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

It is also how politics work. The Government in power gives the press a story. The press prints it. The public believes it. The MP's are happy.

You mean like the expenses scandal which landed mps in prison?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I always thought conspiracy theories were versions of an event or events that differ from the official believed by a small minority of people.

Confirmed to have happened.

Expenses adjusting.

Lying.

Backhanders.

Broken promises.

As I said in my post there are some MP's that are true to their principles. My MP is Jon Ashworth and he seems OK.

After 40 plus years of voting you tend to become less trusting of those that are supposed to represent you.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I always thought conspiracy theories were versions of an event or events that differ from the official believed by a small minority of people.

Expenses adjusting.

Lying.

Backhanders.

Broken promises.

As I said in my post there are some MP's that are true to their principles. My MP is Jon Ashworth and he seems OK.

After 40 plus years of voting you tend to become less trusting of those that are supposed to represent you.

And I referred to your labelling of UK media as a whole being a spin machine solely for politicians as a conspiracy, not that those things you mention haven't happened but anybody can see that we have a very wide ranging media that presents numerous sides to discussions and not merely propaganda for politicians.

I think you'd have trouble arguing that that was a widely held belief.

Edited by Guest

Expenses adjusting.

Lying.

Backhanders.

Broken promises.

And what does this actually have to do with the original point you made of "this is also how politics work. The Government in power gives the press a story. The press prints it. The public believes it. The MP's are happy!?

Quick update, spoke to them both Sunday, no one has really took the piss but obviously they are embarrassed.

Lad who sold the story has got £100, Kev not happy with him and will sort him out soon enough, wants him to donate the money to charity.

Thanks for the update, Matt.

£100? I'd want more than that to make someone look silly in the press, even if it wasn't a friend.

If that's all they'd offer, I'll stick to the day job.

Thanks for the update, Matt.

£100? I'd want more than that to make someone look silly in the press, even if it wasn't a friend.

If that's all they'd offer, I'll stick to the day job.

And it's not even cash he has said now, Amazon vouchers :\

It would have to be a lot of money for me to grass someone up to the rags, I wouldn't ever do it to a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaneka Monique Torres Allegedly Shoots At McDonald's Drive-Thru Over Meal Mishap

Shaneka Monique Torres is particular about her hamburgers. Very particular.

She's so particular that when employees at a McDonald's in Grand Rapids, Mich., goofed up her order twice in one evening, she expressed her displeasure by allegedly firing a gun at the drive-thru window.

The first botched order happened Sunday evening when Torres, 29, and a female companion placed their order at the drive-thru window. Torres complained that the order was botched, and employees offered the pair a free meal the next time they came in, MLive.com reported.

She and her friend returned to the drive-thru at about 3 a.m. Monday morning and made the same order as before.

When she discovered the order was incorrect again, Torres allegedly verbally confronted the employee and exited her vehicle. She's accused of shooting one pistol round into the drive-thru window.

No one was injured. In fact, employees thought a coffee pot exploded.

Torres' unidentified companion drove away from the restaurant and dropped off Torres at her home.

She wasn't there long. When Torres complained about the first goofed-up burger, she left her cell phone number at the restaurant so the manager could contact her, WOOD-TV reported.

Using that info, police tracked her to her house and arrested her for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and discharging a loaded weapon into an occupied building.

I am shocked!

Didn't know there was supposed to be meat in a McDonalds

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

"The only thing Griffin hasn’t done in the past few weeks is confront Justin Bieber in a Starbucks, as a “man if only this were true†rumor spreading across Twitter has had many people believing, or at least wanting to believe."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/12/blake-griffin-is-hitting-everything-but-justin-bieber

"I went to the hotel early this year, after eating, I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700, I was surprised," a pastor who had visited the eatery said.

"So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price.

:sick: