Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LENNY GLOVER

MR PUNCH

Pleat was a terrible manager for us back in the day but you cant deny that this red light district regular has a vast amount of knowledge of the game and maybe a load of contacts within the game to boot. He has a decent knowledge of European football as well which may help in player recruitment. OK I cant stand the way he calls players like Carragher, Garragher and messes up names galore whilst co-commentating on some games but I think as someone who can possible stay in the background and offer advice when needed, he`ll be OK and not the major disaster many would presume.

Pleat was a terrible manager for us back in the day but you cant deny that this red light district regular has a vast amount of knowledge of the game and maybe a load of contacts within the game to boot. He has a decent knowledge of European football as well which may help in player recruitment. OK I cant stand the way he calls players like Carragher, Garragher and messes up names galore whilst co-commentating on some games but I think as someone who can possible stay in the background and offer advice when needed, he`ll be OK and not the major disaster many would presume.

PLEAT WAS ALSO AT WATFORD GAME/ DONT USUALLY SEE HIM AT OUR GAMES

I here he was.

As I say I am more concerned on who we get in as manager rather than Director of Football or whatever the title is.

One thing though with this old guard, quite a few teams have benifitted from having experienced ex-managers as part of their backroom staff. If you look at one of the brighter managers in England, Ade Bothroyd. He has ex-Spurs manager Keith Burkinshaw at his club, Harry Redknapp used to have Jim Smith and people like Darren Ferguson has Barry Fry with him at Peterboro. There are plenty of them about and as long as they don't get too involved but just act as advisers to the manager, I dont see the risk to be honest.

Archived