Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Aussie Foxes thread

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Looks like I will be in Sydney for 3 months from Jan to end of March. What is the low down? Are many of the games on tv? Is there somewhere in the city where Foxes go? Maybe there will be an opportunity to meet up with one-or-two of you?

• 1 month later...

Well, hello there...

I actually looked at that article for the first time in months today, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised at the large amount of responses and fellow Foxes fans out there!

As such, I've decided to join the forum, so anyway, hello, Nick the Stats Guy here, and I'm looking forward to spending some time online with other supporters.

And in case you're wondering, I'm a Melbourne City fan.

Heya

Need a new strip. Where is the best place to buy from that is close? Do they sell official ones in Oz or possibly Thailand? 

Cheers!

Only place would be the official club store online. Exchange rate is a killer, but it's the only way, sadly.

Well, hello there...

I actually looked at that article for the first time in months today, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised at the large amount of responses and fellow Foxes fans out there!

As such, I've decided to join the forum, so anyway, hello, Nick the Stats Guy here, and I'm looking forward to spending some time online with other supporters.

Melbourne City OLE!

Hi,

Looks like I will be in Sydney for 3 months from Jan to end of March. What is the low down? Are many of the games on tv? Is there somewhere in the city where Foxes go? Maybe there will be an opportunity to meet up with one-or-two of you?

I was about to post something similar! I'd be happy to meet up as I'll be out there at that time.  :beer:

I noticed there was a Sydney supporters club page on Facebook too. Might be worth dropping them a message as well, hopefully they know the best place showing games.

Heya

Need a new strip. Where is the best place to buy from that is close? Do they sell official ones in Oz or possibly Thailand? 

Cheers!

I've had my rels send over jerseys, or picked them up on visits in the past but the exchange rate killed it this season. I couldn't find anywhere in Aus that had them so ended up getting some from Aliexpress. I've only got stuff from from the club before, but finances wouldn't allow this year. 

You may also be able to get them from the kingpower online store in Bangkok - http://www.kingpoweronline.com/ensearch Leicester.

Hi,

Where abouts will you be staying.? 

And for a local game, put 20th Feb aside, its the local Derby between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers - 40,000 crowd and a great atmosphere.
Edited by MadKaw
  • Like 1

I was about to post something similar! I'd be happy to meet up as I'll be out there at that time.  :beer:

I noticed there was a Sydney supporters club page on Facebook too. Might be worth dropping them a message as well, hopefully they know the best place showing games.

Yes, we should definitely make this happen. Looking forward to escaping the British winter for a bit of sunshine?

Where abouts will you be staying.? 

And for a local game, put 20th Feb aside, its the local Derby between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers - 40,000 crowd and a great atmosphere.

I am going to be 10 minutes walk to Coogee Beach - going inland toward Anzac Parade. In and around there.

Where is the local derby played - pretty easy to get tickets. Sounds great fun.

Yes, we should definitely make this happen. Looking forward to escaping the British winter for a bit of sunshine?

I am going to be 10 minutes walk to Coogee Beach - going inland toward Anzac Parade. In and around there.

Where is the local derby played - pretty easy to get tickets. Sounds great fun.

This Derby is at Allianz stadium near Moore Park, so just down the road from where your staying - you could probly walk.

Tickets sell out pretty quick but not too hard to get if you get in early.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Sports Bar at Crown (Melbourne) Sunday morning for the first 20 minutes or so, before my mates wanted to leave because they were wrecked (missed Vardy's goal), there were at least 5 or so Leicester supporters there, was fairly surprised!

Well, hello there...

The stats guy, you were the one at Crown weren't you!?

I'll be joining you lot from January, season ticket holder at present but I'm giving it up to head to Australia for god knows how long! Arrive in Melbourne on 7th January.

I was at the Sports Bar at Crown (Melbourne) Sunday morning for the first 20 minutes or so, before my mates wanted to leave because they were wrecked (missed Vardy's goal), there were at least 5 or so Leicester supporters there, was fairly surprised!

The stats guy, you were the one at Crown weren't you!?

Hey pal, is this the best bar for football? Are you able to watch 3pm Leicester games in bars?

Good videos btw!

I'll be joining you lot from January, season ticket holder at present but I'm giving it up to head to Australia for god knows how long! Arrive in Melbourne on 7th January.

Hey pal, is this the best bar for football? Are you able to watch 3pm Leicester games in bars?

Good videos btw!

Thanks for the kind words!  ;)  As for the sportsbar at Crown, i'm not too sure to be honest, first time there for a Leicester match, as it was a prime time slot they showed it there. If was a 3pm game it might be a bit of a 50/50, there's a few screens around the bar but not too sure if they'll show a lcfc match unless it's against the big club's, if you know what i mean.

I went to a pub called the Charles Dickens Tavern on Collins street in Melbourne as i was told by a Melbourne City supporter at the Melb City game the night before that there's a few Leicester boys that head to the charles dickens for Leicester matches (most likely the 3pm slot) but i couldn't be too sure of it. Some lads here might have a clue more than i do.

Wouldn't mind a catch up with you and a few boys at some point for a Leicester game, it's a bit lonely being a Leicester supporter in this Country haha

Bit rich saying it's lonely being a Leicester fan in Australia when you also support Manchester United m8. 

In saying that, Charles Dickins is the best place to watch games but you've got to call up and see if they're televising them (if we're not playing a top four club it can be touch and go). They also close early and don't play the later game (rocked up at 4am on Sunday morning to find them closed so had to taxi it home straight away).

Lonely is sitting in the above pub with DanTheFoxBhoy, my then 15 year old brother, the pubs owner and no one else at 5am in the morning on the verge of tears as we got relegated to League One against Stoke.

• Like 1

Bit rich saying it's lonely being a Leicester fan in Australia when you also support Manchester United m8.

In saying that, Charles Dickins is the best place to watch games but you've got to call up and see if they're televising them (if we're not playing a top four club it can be touch and go). They also close early and don't play the later game (rocked up at 4am on Sunday morning to find them closed so had to taxi it home straight away).

Lonely is sitting in the above pub with DanTheFoxBhoy, my then 15 year old brother, the pubs owner and no one else at 5am in the morning on the verge of tears as we got relegated to League One against Stoke.

I dropped Man Utd back in April/May when i came to the realisation that my mother was born in Manchester and supports United and I haven't seen her for a good part of 13 years as she's not exactly in my family's good books, or mine for that matter. Long story.

I supported this Club back in March when we only had four wins. The rest os history.

I dropped Man Utd back in April/May when i came to the realisation that my mother was born in Manchester and supports United and I haven't seen her for a good part of 13 years as she's not exactly in my family's good books, or mine for that matter. Long story.

I supported this Club back in March when we only had four wins. The rest os history.

Switching teams, face palm!

Bet if we went down and fox sports stopped showing our games you would conveniently switch back to supporting United. No chance of you listening to a shitty radio Leicester stream at 4:30am each Sunday morning when we are playing the likes of Bristol City and MK Dons FFS.

Bet if we went down and fox sports stopped showing our games you would conveniently switch back to supporting United. No chance of you listening to a shitty radio Leicester stream at 4:30am each Sunday morning when we are playing the likes of Bristol City and MK Dons FFS.

Just let the lad support Leicester, jeez.

Thanks for the kind words!  ;)  As for the sportsbar at Crown, i'm not too sure to be honest, first time there for a Leicester match, as it was a prime time slot they showed it there. If was a 3pm game it might be a bit of a 50/50, there's a few screens around the bar but not too sure if they'll show a lcfc match unless it's against the big club's, if you know what i mean.

I went to a pub called the Charles Dickens Tavern on Collins street in Melbourne as i was told by a Melbourne City supporter at the Melb City game the night before that there's a few Leicester boys that head to the charles dickens for Leicester matches (most likely the 3pm slot) but i couldn't be too sure of it. Some lads here might have a clue more than i do.

Wouldn't mind a catch up with you and a few boys at some point for a Leicester game, it's a bit lonely being a Leicester supporter in this Country haha

I'll check them out cheers, are all games on live like they are in the States? 

I don't watch it on Fox Sports mate. I watch it on Sky sports and Premier League HD streaming all which i pay for. Won't be on Fox anyway next year so i've already sorted myself out.

Point being, i support this Club, i invest my time, money and emotion into this Club. As long as i know i support this Club in the way i do, then that's what matters. Won't sit here trying to convince others my passion for the Club i support.

End.