Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Soccer Manager

Guest DavidJCW

YEAH!!!! :D

2-1 win with Sunderland and a 2-1 win with Leicester!!! :D

Sit 6th with both teams now... Sunderland form has REALLY picked up, I'm putting that down to the team gelling after a fair few signings being made over the summer. ;) And Leicester just keeps going from strength to strength! 6th in the Premiership!!! :D:scarf:

YEAH!!!! :D

2-1 win with Sunderland and a 2-1 win with Leicester!!! :D

Sit 6th with both teams now... Sunderland form has REALLY picked up, I'm putting that down to the team gelling after a fair few signings being made over the summer. ;) And Leicester just keeps going from strength to strength! 6th in the Premiership!!! :D:scarf:

Good job. Nice to see all the FT boys doing well in Div 2. Hopefully means playing 3 of you next season :thumbup:

My Wigan side beat Newcastle 2-1 at the DW Stadium - goals from Marouane Chamakh and Florent Malouda. Massive win, lifting me back up into the top ten.

Next game is a home cup tie with Cheltenham.

Guest DavidJCW

Good job. Nice to see all the FT boys doing well in Div 2. Hopefully means playing 3 of you next season :thumbup:

My Wigan side beat Newcastle 2-1 at the DW Stadium - goals from Marouane Chamakh and Florent Malouda. Massive win, lifting me back up into the top ten.

Next game is a home cup tie with Cheltenham.

Yes, well done! :) I saw you'd done well and were back up to 8th I think it was... very impressive! :appl:

Decent night of cup action.

Wigan Athletic (reserves) v Cheltenham Town.

Made 10 changes, so was a touch nervous but my boys well and truly pulled it out the bag.

Full Time Score - Wigan Athletic 8 Cheltenham Town 1. lol :mrgreen:

Daniel Villalba was on fire. 3 goals, 3 assists.

Cheltenham clearly still feeling the ill effects of lildave3's management in Season 1.

Guest DavidJCW

Got through to the next round beating Wycombe! That took me back to the FA Cup Quarter Final... bastards.

However a 5-3 win wasn't a good defensive display but a win's a win! :D AND somehow Craig Gordon got a 10 rating for letting 3 in... must mean we were being hammered... seems hard to believe scoring 5 though...

Decent night of cup action.

Wigan Athletic (reserves) v Cheltenham Town.

Made 10 changes, so was a touch nervous but my boys well and truly pulled it out the bag.

Full Time Score - Wigan Athletic 8 Cheltenham Town 1. lol :mrgreen:

Daniel Villalba was on fire. 3 goals, 3 assists.

Cheltenham clearly still feeling the ill effects of lildave3's management in Season 1.

lol Worst dig ever.

Guest DavidJCW

Beat QPR 4-1 away, to consolidate my league position.

Portsmouth at home Saturday and then Monday night sees a trip to the Stadium of Light.

Oh the excitement it building! It's gonna be close to a full house... well actually it's probably not as it's only Wigan... but were they to know the significance of it being FT vs FT, it'd be oh so much more interesting! :D

Oh the excitement it building! It's gonna be close to a full house... well actually it's probably not as it's only Wigan... but were they to know the significance of it being FT vs FT, it'd be oh so much more interesting! :D

Wigan fans sold out their allocation within 25 minutes of them going on sale. There was even a mêlée outside the ticket office as fans desperately tried to ensure they would be in attendance for the game.

Guest DavidJCW

Wigan fans sold out their allocation within 25 minutes of them going on sale. There was even a mêlée outside the ticket office as fans desperately tried to ensure they would be in attendance for the game.

lol That is quality!

Hope it's a good game. :) *Goes to shake hand*

Can't believe i drew away at Palace. Got Preston today.

My original aim for the season was to stay comfortable in the league and go for the title next season. Think i might push for playoffs now. Got a bid on for some young Swiss CF who could make the difference.

Guest DavidJCW

Another win with Sunderland tonight! :)

We're really on form now heading into the Wigan game... 4 straight league wins and 6 unbeaten... big match this one! :D:scarf:

With my Leicester game, lost for the second straight time... after losing 3-2 to Man City last Wednesday, we lost 3-2 to Liverpool tonight... had a 2-0 lead so not best pleased, but we're still 7th. :)

Atmosphere is building ahead of the Sunderland v Wigan game.

The Latics fans in the corner are making a fair amount of noise as they watch their team warm up.

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY

We're the famous Wigan Latics and we're going to Wembley!

Guest DavidJCW

Gutted... absolutely gutted.

Pretty rubbish game really with only the 1 goal. However, well done Wigan and Nussul! :thumbup:

Got knocked out with my Leicester team too... 2-0 up at half time against Doncaster only to let them get back to 2-2 in the second half and then lose on penalties 2-1...

Not a good night at all.

Wasn't the best of games, but delighted my boys managed to scrape through.

N'Zogbia, what a legend, decided to re-sign him just weeks ago and he's put me in the 3rd round of the Shield.

On a disappointed note, Nikola Kalinic what were you doing? Abusive language + Kicking the ball away? He'll be fined for that. First red card since I took over at Wigan. That's 65 games!

Well played though DavidJCW. Look forward to playing you next season ;)

Brighton at the DW next round, come on you Latics.

Guest DavidJCW

Wasn't the best of games, but delighted my boys managed to scrape through.

N'Zogbia, what a legend, decided to re-sign him just weeks ago and he's put me in the 3rd round of the Shield.

On a disappointed note, Nikola Kalinic what were you doing? Abusive language + Kicking the ball away? He'll be fined for that. First red card since I took over at Wigan. That's 65 games!

Well played though DavidJCW. Look forward to playing you next season ;)

Brighton at the DW next round, come on you Latics.

Hope so... that really would be excellent! :D

My boys went to Stamford Bridge tonight and and spanked Chelsea.

Bit emotional that Marchena and Blaszczykowski scored, as I'm planning to move them out in the next couple of weeks.

A brace for Ludovic Obraniak, always pops up with the goals when needs be, and Joao Moutinho got us on level terms after an early goal for Chelsea.

Chelsea 2 Wigan Athletic 5.

Up to 5th in the league :o

Guest DavidJCW

Congrats to NSLL and Mark, impressive wins for both! :)

As for Sunderland, well, the amazing run of form continues with a 3-1 win over table topping and runaway leaders Leicester! :):scarf:

On to Hull who are in 2nd now! I'm feeling good about this season now... it's come right after a difficult start... that said, there's a LONG way to go so I'm counting NO chickens yet! Hehe!

---

As for my Leicester game... just suffered my 4th straight loss to bottom of the table Reading which hurts a lot... however, due to a fantastic start, I'm more than happy to be sitting in 8th after 14 games in my first season in the Premier League and after two consecutive promotions! :D I like plugging that fact! ;)

:D

Another win for the Latics, beating Everton 1-0 at the DW Stadium, the goal coming from midfielder Joao Moutinho.

Means I'm a bit more comfortable in 5th place now, and am only 5 points off 2nd place (and bitter rivals Bolton).

'Kinell DavidJCW, looks like a cracking result for your Sunderland at Leicester944's Hull City.

Archived