Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Soccer Manager

Guest DavidJCW

Indeed it was a cracking result! Wasn't expecting such a comfortable win. :D

However, winning 3-1 against top placed Leicester (secretly very pleased about them being top and not anyone else) and a 5-1 win over second placed Hull... a fantastic return from those two matches! And with it, we've taken second place too! :scarf:

Well done on your win! ;)

Commiserations Leicester944... don't really know what to say to make a drubbing like that less hard to take so I'll just stop writing...

Latest Update...

Managed to beat West Brom 4-1 in the English Cup to go through to the 4th round where we'll play Queens Park Rangers away.

Tonight we travel north to the Riverside Stadium to take on relegation threatened Middlesbrough, so I'm hoping for 3 points but nothing is guaranteed.

5th place in the league at the moment, a win probably wouldn't move me up as 4th place Chelsea have Sheffield Wednesday, but it's all about trying to pull back bitter rivals Bolton. They're now just 5 points in front of us, and they've got Arsenal at home today.

Something that might be of interest to you other guys, I've decided to reduce the asking price for winger Jakub Blaszczykowski (88) to £6.9m, and striker Craig Bellamy (89) is potentially available but not on the transfer list.

Managed to beat M'Boro 3-2 - Marouane Chamakh, Joao Moutinho and Florent Malouda with the goals, although I was twice pegged back.

Even more comfortable in 5th now, especially as Bolton (scum) lost 5-4 at home to Arsenal, despite being 4-2 up with 15 to go.

WOW.

Secured a fourth straight league win after edging out West Ham United by a goal to nil. A 15th minute James Milner strike the difference. However, one slight negative is that top scorer Ezequiel Lavezzi is out for 3 weeks :(. But I've got a 90-rated striker in on loan, along with an 89 and two 88's in the position ready to come in.

But because of other results, the Latics have moved up to 2nd in the Division!

DIZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Guest DavidJCW

Back from my holiday abroad with NO internet for a week which was hard...

Anyway, it seems that Sunderland have continued to perform superbly in my absence and we're now unbeaten in the league in 10 league games with wins over Crystal Palace and a draw with Watford whilst I was away... it's nice to see that we made it to the next round of the cup too! :D

Maintaining 2nd for the moment but it's going to be a long season... we'll have to be on our toes if we're to keep it up! :scarf:

As for Nussul and Wigan... bloody hell... 2nd and storming up the league! Good job there! :appl:

Guest DavidJCW

Oh, and in my Leicester game which is now 103 games old, they've kept up their great form too with a massive 7-0 cup win over MK Dons and league wins over Wigan and Chelsea in my absence! :D:scarf:

Still 7th in that league but if we can keep it up, I'm hopeful we can keep in touch with some of the big boys up there and push them hard... my main aim is to stay up, but after the impressive start to the campaign we've made, I think a top 10 if not top 6 finish is possible! :D

Back from my holiday abroad with NO internet for a week which was hard...

Anyway, it seems that Sunderland have continued to perform superbly in my absence and we're now unbeaten in the league in 10 league games with wins over Crystal Palace and a draw with Watford whilst I was away... it's nice to see that we made it to the next round of the cup too! :D

Maintaining 2nd for the moment but it's going to be a long season... we'll have to be on our toes if we're to keep it up! :scarf:

As for Nussul and Wigan... bloody hell... 2nd and storming up the league! Good job there! :appl:

Just thought I'd add that in to this page too. ;)

Guest DavidJCW

Nice to have you back man.

Last night I beat Brighton 6-2 in the Cup, not a bad result at all.

Been drawn against Newcastle in the next round, will be a very tough game.

Thanks and congrats! :) I'm sure you'll stuff the toon! lol

Guest DavidJCW

I just took over West Ham.. no money but the team looks ok. :thumbup:

Welcome welcome! Hope you do well and stick around. :) The more the merrier. :scarf:

Fearing my month-long unbeaten run may come under danger tonight against Stoke City.

My top scorer Lavezzi is out, and my best defender is on his way out of the club so we're a little out of sorts for tonight.

Guest DavidJCW

2-2 draw with Preston... disappointing really. However, it continues our unbeaten run to 11 games now which is very good! :)

Leicester seem unbeatable at the moment and are wiping the floor with the rest of the league. Worse still, Leeds are catching us... it's going to be a tough season!

In my Leicester game, I beat Arsenal 2-1!!! Massive win that keeps us in touch with the top teams! Very pleasing how well my career there is still going! :scarf:

Guest DavidJCW

Blackpool 0 - 1 Sunderland --- Remain 2nd with Sunderland, 9 points behind rampant Leicester. Unbeaten in 12 in the league and continue to look strong.

Portsmouth 0 - 1 Leicester --- 5th straight league win, and 6th in total, with Leicester that sees us up to 6th and level on points with Chelsea.

All in all, things are going very well indeed! :):scarf:

Shame about Wigan losing Nussul... however all of the 3 teams below you lost too so it's not so bad I guess! :thumbup:

2-2 draw with Preston... disappointing really. However, it continues our unbeaten run to 11 games now which is very good! :)

Leicester seem unbeatable at the moment and are wiping the floor with the rest of the league. Worse still, Leeds are catching us... it's going to be a tough season!

In my Leicester game, I beat Arsenal 2-1!!! Massive win that keeps us in touch with the top teams! Very pleasing how well my career there is still going! :scarf:

Hope the results keep going my way as I'm in some serious financial trouble!! I'm Losing about £250k a turn and currently £3m in the red!!

Shame about Wigan losing Nussul... however all of the 3 teams below you lost too so it's not so bad I guess! :thumbup:

Yeah, I was gutted watching score centre. Having 3 key players out took its toll I guess. Then I saw the other results and realised it was just one of those things.

Congrats on your recent form man, good to see your team still doing well.

QPR Monday in the Cup, hope you go through as well to keep the possibility of another Wigan v Sunderland game alive!

Guest DavidJCW

Hope the results keep going my way as I'm in some serious financial trouble!! I'm Losing about £250k a turn and currently £3m in the red!!

Ah! Thats you is it!?! lol You're looking unstoppable at the moment... MASSIVE wins... I'm just hoping to keep pace as best I can right now!

And that deficit is bad... I had a team where that was happening and it was a disaster... right back when I first started it was. The thing is, is that it's OK as nothing will happen... but when it comes to needing to strengthen your squad, you can't which is a nightmare! Seems to be going fine for now though! ;)

Guest DavidJCW

Yeah, I was gutted watching score centre. Having 3 key players out took its toll I guess. Then I saw the other results and realised it was just one of those things.

Congrats on your recent form man, good to see your team still doing well.

QPR Monday in the Cup, hope you go through as well to keep the possibility of another Wigan v Sunderland game alive!

Indeed! I've got Peterborough... at least I think that's who it is... however, I am seriously hoping to keep going in the cup as I haven't had a good cup run for a LONG time and a rematch against Wigan would be nice... so it could be a better game than the dismal 1-0 it was before. lol

Indeed! I've got Peterborough... at least I think that's who it is... however, I am seriously hoping to keep going in the cup as I haven't had a good cup run for a LONG time and a rematch against Wigan would be nice... so it could be a better game than the dismal 1-0 it was before. lol

You've got West Ham I believe.

QPR won't be easy at all tonight, I've put in the regular fringe players who play in the cup, but think a Division 1 side will be too strong. If I do go through, a Sunderland QF would be nice, but a cup derby rivalry epic fight against my best mate at Bolton would be awesome. Tense, but awesome.

a cup derby rivalry epic fight against my best mate at Bolton would be awesome. Tense, but awesome.

:D Wow, what were the chances.

Well I beat QPR 2-0 away, goals from Polish striker Ireneusz Jelen and winger Charles N'Zogbia have sent the Latics into the quarter finals.

And in two weeks time (bank holiday Monday) the Bolton scum visit the DW to fight for a place in the semi finals (they're still defending the trophy from last year).

It's a fooking massive game.

Haha sorry man.. 3 games in and ive won them all.. this game is actually really fun.

Haha sorry man.. 3 games in and ive won them all.. this game is actually really fun.

Ouch, that's cruel. Between us we've ended his cup dreams this season. :sweating:

Been impressed with your form recently, especially for a beginner. Not particularly looking forward to visiting Upton Park towards the end of the season.

Guest DavidJCW

Gutted... looking for an appropriate emoticon to display my dismay but I can't find one... sent crashing out in an awful display by West Ham. That said, you have been on an excellent run recently so I'm not surprised. Well done and good luck! :thumbup:

Congrats to Nussul too! Continuing to march on with Wigan.

Oh well, I've never been much good in the cups... my strengths come in the league! :D Did manage to get through in my Leicester game though... beat Peterborough 7-1! lol Forest in the Quarters! :scarf:

Tough game against my bogey side Sheffield Wednesday today, who are bottom of the league and only on 5 points.

Was a little worried at half time with it still being 0-0, but the boys pulled it out the bag second half - goals from Stefan Kiessling, Sergi Busquets, James Milner and Joao Moutinho giving me my biggest league win with Wigan :D

The win means I've opened up a four point gap over several teams who are on 31 points, which although good means a couple of slip-ups and I'll drop like Amir Khan under a casual punch.

Local derby with Blackburn on Saturday, where I'll be boosted by the return from suspension of Ludo and Grosso.

Archived