Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Soccer Manager

Guest DavidJCW

Tough game against my bogey side Sheffield Wednesday today, who are bottom of the league and only on 5 points.

Was a little worried at half time with it still being 0-0, but the boys pulled it out the bag second half - goals from Stefan Kiessling, Sergi Busquets, James Milner and Joao Moutinho giving me my biggest league win with Wigan :D

The win means I've opened up a four point gap over several teams who are on 31 points, which although good means a couple of slip-ups and I'll drop like Amir Khan under a casual punch.

Local derby with Blackburn on Saturday, where I'll be boosted by the return from suspension of Ludo and Grosso.

Congrats! :)

I would check my results but I can't seem to log in... everytime I put my email and password in it takes me to the demo page rather than my home page! I'm hoping it's just a problem that'll be fixed soon as if I've lost my account for one reason or another I'll be VERY pissed!!! I've been playing on there and upping my reputation since November 6th 2006! :@

Guest DavidJCW

Ah, finally got in! :)

Lost 2-1 to West Brom in my Leicester game which is a shocking result... very very unhappy there.

However, in my important Sunderland game, I beat Derby 3-0 to continue my unbeaten league run to 13 games now! :D:scarf:

Still 2nd, just 1 point in front of Leeds and masses behind Leicester! Things are going well... let's just hope that Leeds fall off in the next few games as I'd hate to lose 2nd to them and have to face the play-offs...

Ah, finally got in! :)

Lost 2-1 to West Brom in my Leicester game which is a shocking result... very very unhappy there.

However, in my important Sunderland game, I beat Derby 3-0 to continue my unbeaten league run to 13 games now! :D:scarf:

Still 2nd, just 1 point in front of Leeds and masses behind Leicester! Things are going well... let's just hope that Leeds fall off in the next few games as I'd hate to lose 2nd to them and have to face the play-offs...

Yeah, Leeds are looking pretty strong. Just to let you know, the guy at Leeds is buddies with my mate at Bolton, and normally towards the end of the season (especially if Bolton have not much to play for), he starts sending some very decent players on loan to Leeds to help them out with their promotion push.

Guest DavidJCW

Yeah, Leeds are looking pretty strong. Just to let you know, the guy at Leeds is buddies with my mate at Bolton, and normally towards the end of the season (especially if Bolton have not much to play for), he starts sending some very decent players on loan to Leeds to help them out with their promotion push.

Eugh! Better make sure I'm well ahead by then if I can... could be a tight run in.

Wooooow

Few days ago i put a player called Romelu Lukaka on my shortlist because ive heard good things about him and hes only 16.. i log on this morning and his rating has been raised by 4 and his priced raised to 10 mil. Cant believe it, i was going to make a bid :(. Not anymore <_< .

Guest DavidJCW

Wooooow

Few days ago i put a player called Romelu Lukaka on my shortlist because ive heard good things about him and hes only 16.. i log on this morning and his rating has been raised by 4 and his priced raised to 10 mil. Cant believe it, i was going to make a bid :(. Not anymore <_< .

You should ALWAYS get a young player in with a low rating that you know is a hot prospect as these things happen... unlucky there though as it'd have been a quality signing.

Guest DavidJCW

Newcastle 2 - 2 Leicester - Decent performance and we've got a draw out of it which keeps us 7th in the Premiership! :) Happy to take the point even though they're below us in the league.

Tranmere 2 - 4 Sunderland - Another win, and a very good performance. 60%+ of the possession, 36 shots with 21 on target... should have been a bigger win! Still, we got the points and kept Leeds below us, but they're matching us toe for toe!

Went out the Shield to Newcastle Monday, losing on pens after a 3-3 draw.

But back with a bang today, beating top of the table Liverpool 1-0. :D

Means my Wigan side are now just 7 points behind Liverpool, and 6 points clear of third place. Pretty secure in 2nd place now I hope.

Guest DavidJCW

Drew 2-2 with Ipswich... not best pleased but 15 games unbeaten now... I'll take it. :giggle:

Seriously though, lost 2nd place to Leeds due to dropping points...

Guest DavidJCW

3-0 win over Coventry! :) 16 games unbeaten and keeping up in the race for 2nd... I'd like to say keeping up in the race for top spot but it seems like Leicester are unstoppable... even though my Sunderland team showed them how it's done! lol

With my Leicester game, I also won moving me up to 6th in the league. :scarf:

:D

What a game at the DW Stadium against massive rivals Bolton Wanderers in the QF of the English Cup.

Miralem Pjanic (formerly of Bolton) gave us the lead, sending the crowd mental. Bolton equalised just before the hour, and as it looked to be heading to penalties my heart sunk at the possibility of another cup exit. But in the 86th minute, young substitute defender Alexis Machuca snatched the winner to spark pandemonium amongst Latics' fans.

First win over Bolton under my management, and a semi final at Anfield awaits in two weeks time, the winner taking on either Everton or Chelsea in the final at Wembley on May 31.

:D

G'won Lexi you fucking sexy bastard.

Guest DavidJCW

Cannot believe it... lost on penalties to Forest in the Cup Quarter-Finals with my Leicester game...

Absolutely devastated as the other teams left in are Portsmouth, Bradford and Man Utd. Was a GREAT chance wasted!!!

Then again, I should be used to it... I never do well in the cups.

Guest DavidJCW

Beat Walsall 4-2 in my Leicester game to keep up the pressure in the race for 4th.

Lost to Leeds 1-0 in my Sunderland game which all but ends our hopes of reaching 2nd I would have thought... however, I'll definitely keep pushing for it.

All in all, not so happy...

Poor result against Fulham, means I've got to go to Old Trafford on Wednesday and get something if I want to keep second place.

Was disappointed when I saw your result David, really hope Leeds fook up again and fail to make the cut. And even if you can only make the play-offs you're easily the best team out of the current four.

Guest DavidJCW

Poor result against Fulham, means I've got to go to Old Trafford on Wednesday and get something if I want to keep second place.

Was disappointed when I saw your result David, really hope Leeds fook up again and fail to make the cut. And even if you can only make the play-offs you're easily the best team out of the current four.

Well I hope so... however, I've been in a similar position before, losing out on the last day for 2nd place, was MILES ahead of the teams below me and still lost in the final... that was devastating.

Big game tonight at Manchester United.

Another defeat and I'll lose second place, so badly need a result.

Next few games are crucial in terms of my season.

Today - Manchester United (a)

Saturday - Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Monday 17th - Liverpool (a) - ENGLISH CUP SF

Wednesday 19th - Manchester City (a)

Saturday 22nd - Bolton Wanderers (scum) (h).

Massive couple of weeks.

DavidJCW, noticed the gap is a lot bigger now between yourself and Leeds :( Keep pushing man, the play-offs are there for the taking.

I've stuck a loan bid in for David Murphy because I need an LB who hasn't played in the English Cup to feature for me on Monday in the Semi Final with Liverpool.

I've tried McCartney but your chairman wasn't having any of it :P.

Guest DavidJCW

DavidJCW, noticed the gap is a lot bigger now between yourself and Leeds :( Keep pushing man, the play-offs are there for the taking.

I've stuck a loan bid in for David Murphy because I need an LB who hasn't played in the English Cup to feature for me on Monday in the Semi Final with Liverpool.

I've tried McCartney but your chairman wasn't having any of it :P.

Yes... some poor results in the last couple of matches... good win today though, 4-1 against Cardiff (Shame we didn't beat them like that) to keep us in touch with Leeds who lost 2-1! :D:scarf:

As for David Murphy, I've accepted your bid. ;) Might have to bring him back if I get some injuries though...

Yes... some poor results in the last couple of matches... good win today though, 4-1 against Cardiff (Shame we didn't beat them like that) to keep us in touch with Leeds who lost 2-1! :D:scarf:

As for David Murphy, I've accepted your bid. ;) Might have to bring him back if I get some injuries though...

Absolutely man, it'll only be for Monday's game anyway.

And if possible the final, should I get there.

Massive game on monday night, against Liverpool in the Cup Semi Final. We've both rested some big names today so I'm happy with a point against Spurs (0-0), but it all comes down to Monday night now.

Guest DavidJCW

Absolutely man, it'll only be for Monday's game anyway.

And if possible the final, should I get there.

Massive game on monday night, against Liverpool in the Cup Semi Final. We've both rested some big names today so I'm happy with a point against Spurs (0-0), but it all comes down to Monday night now.

Need anyone else? I'm more than willing to help out with loanees! :D:scarf:

Archived