Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

I might just get to see the first one out then if it's an hour away. Let's hope everything goes to plan and they all get up safely. It sounds like a much bigger operation than I thought it was.

Manuel is the right man for the job by the sounds of it!

I might just get to see the first one out then if it's an hour away. Let's hope everything goes to plan and they all get up safely. It sounds like a much bigger operation than I thought it was.

Manuel is the right man for the job by the sounds of it!

Yeah huge operation. A lot of media coverage probably intensifies it, but even so it's still a massive challenge.

Managed to get a good stream going of BBC live so I can watch again now.

Just heard that the shaft is as deep as 2 Eiffel Towers or 4 Blackpool Towers. That's pretty deep!

It's unimaginable just how deep 33 men have been living for 69 days!

Turns out the rescuer is coming back up again, and not a miner.

And then the rescuer will go back down and then hopefully we'll see the first miner. So might be another 30-45 mins!

This is awesome! Manuel has stayed down there and sent a miner up.

Wish I'd kept up to date on this story cos I don't really know what's happened over the last month.

Same I've just joined in the last couple of days.

Should be any minute now that Florencio comes up. Must be heartbreaking when he finds out his father/wife have had a falling out and his father will only meet his brother later on.

But then ecstatic that he has actually returned back.

Surreal.

did anyone else see the second guy pulled out as well (Mario Sepulveda Espina), ? he was fookin amazing , he brought up a bag full of rocks and started handing them around like gifts as though he'd been on holiday :D

he grabbed hold of the president and kissed him and then ran up to the waiting crowds and started a football style chanting session

truly amazing character

:appl:

Edited by Zingari

did anyone else see the second guy pulled out as well (Mario Sepulveda Espina), ? he was fookin amazing , he brought up a bag full of rocks and started handing them around like gifts as though he'd been on holiday :D

he grabbed hold of the president and kissed him and then ran up to the waiting crowds and started a football style chanting session

truly amazing character

It is amazing although when this guy came out I half expected Davina to turn up cos it reminded me of a Big Brother eviction.

This is brilliant stuff. What an amazing story. Saw the first man come out at 4.00am and have been watching as much as possible since. Hoping that everything continues to run smoothly and they all get out.

Was just trying to imagine a parellell here - imagine a load of Yorkshire or South Wales miners (not that there are many left) emerging after two months underground to be greeted by . . . . David Cameron!