Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Just had one driver on. Drove a 44ton lorry had one half drunk Tenants can in his cap plus another 9 or 10 (9%) The cops said they thought something was wrong when they smelt it on his breath and clothes. His first test in the cop car was around 21/2 times over the limit. The two at the station were twice the limit. He was stopped for using a phone but they couldnt find it.. He said his last drink was the night before and they stopped him in the afternoon.. 18 months ban.

Life's too short :)

I'm a fan of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant but I didn't think it was all that great. It all seemed like filler for the celebrity cameo, which I have to say was amazing, Liam Neeson talking about list making and AIDS. Hopefully the next episodes feature more plot instead of back story.

I'm a fan of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant but I didn't think it was all that great. It all seemed like filler for the celebrity cameo, which I have to say was amazing, Liam Neeson talking about list making and AIDS. Hopefully the next episodes feature more plot instead of back story.

Agree with this completely.

Seems like they've just put Ricky Gervais into Warwick Davis' body rather than give him his own identity.

Saying that it was still pretty funny.

I agree, the Liam Neeson bit is probably the funniest bit of TV I have seen this year!

I think the awkwardness surrounding the rest of the program is that warwick isn't actually that funny, the only bit of the rest of the program I enjoyed was his exchange with his ex wife that was quite fast paced and reminded me of some of the conversations in extra's between Ricky and Ashley, although in that sense it was quite clear it had been heavily directed by Ricky to look that way and therefore wasn't as natural as the extra's stuff.

Still, I look forward to next weeks episode and hope that it grows as the series continues.

Edited by AjcW

I agree, the Liam Neeson bit is probably the funniest bit of TV I have seen this year!

I think the awkwardness surrounding the rest of the program is that warwick isn't actually that funny, the only bit of the rest of the program I enjoyed was his exchange with his ex wife that was quite fast paced and reminded me of some of the conversations in extra's between Ricky and Ashley, although in that sense it was quite clear it had been heavily directed by Ricky to look that way and therefore wasn't as natural as the extra's stuff.

Still, I look forward to next weeks episode and hope that it grows as the series continues.

I know they made a pilot for the BBC that wasn't aired just to sell the idea to them, so I have a feeling most of the first episode was built from that and the Liam Neeson part was edited into it so hopefully it will grow and it don't seem like the cameo is just an excuse for a celebrity to pop up.

Deep impact. Ok but seen it a few times. They drag it out every 3 months. Actions OK but it annoys me when the president makes all the God speeches and expects everyone to be grateful that millions of lives are going to be lost but hey its Ok we still have God.

Im about to finish season 4 of Mad Men... honestly dont know what I am going to do with myself once I have caught up and have to wait for season 5!

I have honestly never been this hooked on a tv show, and i think its mainly down to a combination of two of the shows finest qualities being my two biggest passions in real life, advertising and fashion.

Ive always said it reminds me of a page turner of a book, I have sat here with the laptop on watching away and it gets to the end of an episode and even if its 3 in the morning I wont be able to stop watching and will have to watch the next episode! Probably how I have watched all four seasons in a couple of months!

Life's Too Short was alot better this week. Still comes across abit that Ricky crowbars himself into an episode but the Warwick Davis parts didn't feel like filler and were genuinely funny. The continuation of the Barry/Shaun joke at the end was gold-dust.

Edited by 21st Century Fox