Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Just watched an interesting Horizon program about AI. They had two robots taliking to each other and learning their own language.

The advancement is amazing really. The more they find out about the human brain the better advancement in robotics is becoming.

Program about sexism in football.

Edited by Nightguard

A series that started on BBC 3 this week called 'Our Crime' which is all about crime committed by some of the youth of today in the UK. It's got footage of a group of lads from London who filmed themselves 'sukkin' (robbing to us normal folk) people of their phones, Oyster cards and cash. It also shows images of the group brandishing weapons such as knives, guns, mallets and other implements.

The le se faire attitude shown by these lads really makes my blood boil. The arrogance they show by thinking they have a God given right to just go around and take possessions from anyone that takes their fancy pisses me right off!

A girlfriend of a murderer from Liverpool is also shown and she semi defends her boyfriend by saying "there's nothing for young people to do around here".....What utter tosh! A bit of greenery for football and even that isn't a necessity. A bike to ride around on, roller blades/quads anything will do, is it just me or can the younger people of today not entertain themselves without some form of technology (PC,iPad, iPod, Xbox, PS2/3, mobile phone etc).

I grew up without all of these and managed to survive - I'm only 26 myself.

"Lawful Disobedience" on Showcase PSTV

I’m so pleased that there are still people around in the UK prepared to get off their arses and peacefully fight /demonstrate like these activists .( unlike me )

The youthful ( and sometimes not so youthful )crowds outside the court shouting “Arrest that judge” and waving "magna carta 1215" banners fill me with pride that the young uns have still got it inside 'em .

Keep it up, Lawful Disobedience :thumbup:

Just watched Days Of Your Life. A two parter about Queen. Like him or love him Freddie Mercury was an exceptional man. Right up to the end he wanted to make music and get out as much as he could. He said to the other band members 'Just put stuff down and I'll sing it a bit at a time, do what you want with it after I'm gone.'

He never blamed anyone else for his illness and never let it stop him performing. For that he has to be admired.

Not a lot on at the moment. Saw the last hour of Star Trek 3 search for Spock Now James and the Giant Peach is on. Great. They sure do come up with gems for these hols.

Poor James parents have just been eaten by a giant hippo. Nice childrens TV. Hope they realize its just as real as God.

. NO Don't sing.

Edited by Nightguard

Couldn't find much on to watch. Saw Big. Best line in that is where his 'sort of' girlfriend goes back to his apartment'

went something like this.

'I don't stop the night very often'

'You mean sleep over?'

''Err, yes I suppose I do.'

Thinks for a few moments then says, 'OK but I get to be on top.' (he has bunk beds)

Then watched Hook MotD and a Queen concert from 1975 that was on catch up TV.

Edited by Nightguard

Just watched George and Mildred the film. I don't know if it was meant to be that bad!

They probably tried to emulate the TV series which was bad. No doubt some will disagree and say that was when TV was quality.

Program about Roswell now and UFO's

There are people called Ufologists. On for another 30 min so recording the rest. It was 30 years before witnesses came forward. They described 'aliens' all the same. They said the Govt. put the story of a disc so they could change the story later on and be more likely to believed. I find it baloneny myself. But as they said as it was just after the war aliens visiting would be the last thing USA would want. They put together a 900 page report saying it was a weather balloon.

Edited by Nightguard