Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

I was watching a bit of that when i heard one of the ATC say something like, " they switched off the transponders, so we didn't know where they were "

What a load of old bollox , do they really expect us to believe that the sophisticated air traffic control system and norad could be thrown into confusion just by switching off the transponders .

Would the Russians been able to penetrate and attack the most secure airspace in the world undetected simply turning off transponders ?

Well they must of known where the various planes were because they knew the first plane was heading to New York and they would of had a radar system that could detect planes with or without transponders.

Watched House and Silent witness last night - enjoyed them both. Watched the first of the new Vera series on Wednesday - it was okay but their is no way that was a heavily pregnant woman skipping down the stairs in the CCTV clip of the attacker. I hate it when they cheat so openly.

Some crap film on channel 5 with Steven Seagal in. Flight of Fury.

Plot line. Yanks have got a top secret aircraft that can become invisible. The test pilot does a runner and hands it over to terrorists in Afghanastan. In steps our hero a loner who kills anyone twho say boo to him. In self defense of course. A deal is stuck he gets the plane back (on his own) and every thing he's done is forgotton.

That's the story so far so cue a few hundred terrorists killed off with karate chops and other inventive deaths the film makers can think of to show how great America is.

Why is it somebody with a 'very English' accent in charge of the baddies?

Edited by Nightguard

• 2 weeks later...

why did they run an old episode of Silent Witness this week?

The season hasn't finished has it?

Some evenings I look at the mainstream channels and think "Why?"

Castaway. Tom Hanks. Can't be easy acting when your co-star is a mute volley ball.

That's not so nice a thing to say about Tom.

I watched Lewis last night. Very enjoyable.