Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Richard Hammond thing on BBC1. Just on about dropping mobiles in the loo. It is said 17% of people do this but 40% do not admit it.

Interesting program.

Both of those stats are ridiculous, but that one takes the biscuit.

Reminds me of a bad joke: 74% of people can make up statistics.

Watched the 6th star Wars film yesterday afternoon. Anyone defending it in the other thread ought to watch it again. It's pure entertainment which could've been done better by Disney. Ewoks!!!!

Watched the 6th star Wars film yesterday afternoon. Anyone defending it in the other thread ought to watch it again. It's pure entertainment which could've been done better by Disney. Ewoks!!!!

Ewoks are the number one reason why I don't get Star Wars fans rabid buttlove for the old films. They keep saying how Jar Jar's an annoying kids' character and that he ruins the film, but throw in a few hundred little furry bears and it's a different thing? Yeah, sure.

Just shows how resistant they are to growing up, or letting new generations love their own films. We all have softspots for films we grew up with, don't be arseholes about it.

Incidentally my childhood film was Jurassic Park. Scary T-Rex > dyslexic shaved scrotum/hairless furby hybrid.

Yeah, teddy bears throwing rocks at the mighty empire ships that can beat Jedi and winning. Quickly chopping down trees and placing them to take out empire war machines.

The great Harrison Ford with some of the corniest lines ever.

don't get me wrong I love the Star wars movies but can see good and bad in each and every one of them.

999: What's your emergency on 4+1 (waiting for 8/10 Cats)

Operator: "are you bleeding?"

Phone guy: "yes"

O: "Where are you bleeding from?"

PG:"Poland"

O: "Excuse me?"

PG: "Poland"

O: "I'm not asking where you're from, I'm asking where you're bleeding"

PG: "21"

:crylaugh:

Just been watching Imagine. A documentary on BBC2 about a group of ex soldies who put on a play. Most were injured and suffered trauma after serving in Afganastan. The film version can be seen on www.thespace.org Can't be certain of the address I just typed it as it was announced as the credits were rolling.

The program would interest ex soldiers. Some guest actors were at the production. Richard Wilson, Barbra Windsor and Joanna Lumly to name three. All praised it.

Can't find it on that site. May have been taken off now. Its on Iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k9lrq

Edited by Nightguard

Just watched a bit of Derek Acorah's show. He had a nervous cat on the couch whose owner wanted to know what was wrong with him. lol

Dezza said one of the cats previous owners had fallen and died and that had upset him a bit. Also said the cat had had a run in with a dog and had been chased which he didn't enjoy.

I think he's put the lady's mind at rest. Not sure how the cat's feeling though.