Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Watching the Royle Family. Got to say its very disappointing used to be funny and witty but this one has just turned stupid.

It was crap, a few funny one liners from Jim but I can't stand stupidity and the whole slow talking and relative nature of their conversations makes me lose interest. The fat next door neighbour thoug is like a clone of my horrific step sister, who walked through just as she came on screen which was the highlight for me!

Watching the Royle Family. Got to say its very disappointing used to be funny and witty but this one has just turned stupid.

It wasn't that bad, better than last year. I thought the cheeseboard scene was very funny. Got to agree the slow talking is a bit overdone. But I know dull people who do drawl like that.

How come they drag on NOWADAYS if its the same film? Maybe your finding it is actually quite dull. I did.

Second time today you've got me there - you're correct though (again) the one and only time I watched them in full was as they were released at the cinema when I was a kid. I enjoyed them back then but now they bored me to tears.

Second time today you've got me there - you're correct though (again) the one and only time I watched them in full was as they were released at the cinema when I was a kid. I enjoyed them back then but now they bored me to tears.

Think you'll bother with The Hobbit?

Think you'll bother with The Hobbit?

Not now I've discovered that that has been split into three films too. If it was just the one 2.5 hour flick then probably. I'm not usually a fan of fantasy films anyway, I think I enjoyed LOTR as we had read it at school the year before the films came out. So I knew the story. Also historical films (excluding 300) also bore me with all the sword fights and the like. I'm the only man I know who can't sit through Gladiator! Which I think are kind of similar to LOTR/Hobbit

Edit: Awful grammar there but I'm on my phone!

Edited by blue-army-andy

Not now I've discovered that that has been split into three films too. If it was just the one 2.5 hour flick then probably. I'm not usually a fan of fantasy films anyway, I think I enjoyed LOTR as we had read it at school the year before the films came out. So I knew the story. Also historical films (excluding 300) also bore me with all the sword fights and the like. I'm the only man I know who can't sit through Gladiator! Which I think are kind of similar to LOTR/Hobbit

Edit: Awful grammar there but I'm on my phone!

Personally not a fan of LOTR as i found it dull. Like you, fantasy tales aren't my thing but I like Martin Freeman as an actor and the CGI is supposed to be amazing so... maybe.

Watched Dr Who ealier on Iplayer. Missed it yesterday. Downloaded a game. Either my PC cannot take the graphics or it is poorly made as it is awful to watch. The figures in it don't even look right. Ghostlike and look unfinished if you know what I mean.

Anyway got Mrs Browns Boys on now.

50 greatest magic tricks and it was worth it just to see Charlotte Pendragon again .

Paul Daniels is an irritating twat but you gotta admit he is/was fookin good at what he does .

Penn and Teller still the masters though :xmassmile: