Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Senna. Finally got round to watching the whole film, what a great racer and human being.

I watched the extended cut yesterday (saw the original version around a year ago) and it is a great watch whether you like F1 or not. The extended cut is slightly better in my opinion because it provides a more balanced view on Senna's career but is does slow the pace of the film down considerably because a lot of the extra content is just interviews with experts and commentators.

What about "waste of money"?

I've found it hard to swallow the wasted expense on fireworks throughout countries asking their citizens to accept deep cuts and austerity measures.

I read the BBC article and they were interviewing people from oop north and Italy who had come for the fireworks - I'd be interested to know how much extra London gets from tourism over new year (of which the fireworks would be an integral part).

I read the BBC article and they were interviewing people from oop north and Italy who had come for the fireworks - I'd be interested to know how much extra London gets from tourism over new year (of which the fireworks would be an integral part).

I dunno, me and the missus went to watch the fireworks this year and it was absolutely rammed, but I reckon the costs of actually policing it all must have been absolutely phenomenal, it's not like there were loads of stalls set up flogging stuff or anything like that either. Just seemed to me like there were hundreds of thousands of people milling around, making a load of mess with loads of coppers trying to keep it all under control.

I wouldn't bother again either, it was really overrated IMO - if you didn't arrive at about 3pm, you had absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near Westminster Bridge/the Southbank. Me and my girlfriend ended up near Blackfriars Bridge - not an amazing view and after the first few fireworks went off, the smoke blocked out loads of the others.

BBC1 'Summer in Blackpool'.........funny as fook

Documentary about the summer season in Blackpool & some of it's variety. Loads of acts I had completely forgotten about but still doing shows in Blackpool. Just talking to the Joe Longthorne fan club & saying what a performer he is. "He could live in Las Vegas, but he lives in Blackpool"......."Blackpool has got more stars living here than London" lol

Just finished on channel 4 +1 Iglorious Basterds Typical Quentin Quarantino film with loads of black humour gore and lots of people being killed off. It is mainly about a group of American Jews that go into occupied France during the war to kill off as many Nazis as they can ending with burning down a cinema that has all the leaders including Hitler and Gorbels watching a film about Germany winning the war. Bit silly really. A lot was subtitled as it was in French and German. Brad Pit was in it.

Just finished on channel 4 +1 Iglorious Basterds Typical Quentin Quarantino film with loads of black humour gore and lots of people being killed off. It is mainly about a group of American Jews that go into occupied France during the war to kill off as many Nazis as they can ending with burning down a cinema that has all the leaders including Hitler and Gorbels watching a film about Germany winning the war. Bit silly really. A lot was subtitled as it was in French and German. Brad Pit was in it.

No need to watch it now.

Cheers

MsFoxy and I watched the first series of Downton Abbey last night. It's surprisingly good. We've got the second series now :scarf:

However, we missed the first two episodes of the new series of Borgen.

Love this film 10/10 popcorns from me