Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Just realised I made that show up. It's called Outback Truckers, I think it's because whenever I see Ice Road Truckers abbreviated to "IRT" I read "DIRT" cause I'm a blithering idiot

Important note: there are two female truckers in it. One is a supposed former model, the other is more blokey than the blokes in it. Neither have got anything on Ice Road Truckers' Lisa

I'd never heard of Outback Truckers either, but have since seen half an episode.

I see what you mean about the women in it. Not sure how their husbands cope with them in the truck all day and night! Both of them were going on and on and on when I watched. The look on their husbands faces lol

Last couple of days caught up on the week's serials.

Lewis: disappointing. This whole series has been disappointing. The writing and storylines have been far below their usual standard, some of the acting has been below average and the most interesting character in the series has been missing for chunks of the episodes.

Ripper Street: Not entirely convinced but like the Sergeant and this week's was a good episode for him. Like the Yank too. Willing to stick with it.

The Following: 2nd episode, keeping me hooked for the moment. Storyline could be deeper, but worth staying with.

Silent Witness: Love this series so far. another great couple of episodes this week. interesting storylines, well acted.

Elementary: American take on a modern Sherlock. Enjoyable diversions. Reminds me a little of House.

Justified: Boyd is such a great character, Raylan is too. Very enjoyable series.

Coronation Street.

Gail's been crushed again I see. Made me laugh the other week when Havers was planning to rip her off and started dating her. Gail wanted to ride the flagpole and he nearly honked up! Said something like 'NO, I'm going to be a gentleman about this Gail.'

• Like 1

Watching a Special Horizon on BBC Four about 50 years of the program. Just talking about the Hubble telescope. They built it, sent it into space then found out that the lenses were the wrong shape so they had to send a shuttle to repair it

Universe 30.7 billion years old.

Edited by Rincewind