Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Not really watching Britain's Got Talent but it is on in the room I presently occupy.

I has reminded me of something however.  Does anyone else not like going to the theatre because they cannot help but feel embarrassed for the people on the stage?  What part of their inhibition control is missing to allow them to get up and pretend to be someone else, or cry, or laugh, or worst of all, sing?  

If they are unable to feel due embarrassment for their behaviour, it seems that I have to compensate for it by feeling it for them.  It makes me quite uncomfortable.

As Britain's Got Talent is on the TV, I am able to cope.  I think the TV provides enough distance from reality to prevent my inhibition centre from filling in the gaps.

Anyone else feel like this?  Or even better, anyone into amature dramatics who is mortally offended?   lol  :ph34r:

Not really watching Britain's Got Talent but it is on in the room I presently occupy.

I has reminded me of something however. Does anyone else not like going to the theatre because they cannot help but feel embarrassed for the people on the stage? What part of their inhibition control is missing to allow them to get up and pretend to be someone else, or cry, or laugh, or worst of all, sing?

If they are unable to feel due embarrassment for their behaviour, it seems that I have to compensate for it by feeling it for them. It makes me quite uncomfortable.

As Britain's Got Talent is on the TV, I am able to cope. I think the TV provides enough distance from reality to prevent my inhibition centre from filling in the gaps.

Anyone else feel like this? Or even better, anyone into amature dramatics who is mortally offended? lol:ph34r:

No, but on a similar theme I was in LA visiting a mate who took me to an Improv Comedy night. Well this one bird was on the stage and she was absolutely awful - the audience (of about 20 in this tiny room) was clearly only laughing out of politeness. Not me, this girl simply wasn't funny so I just sat there silently.

Well she clocked onto this and spotted me (again, not hard, the audience was tiny) and started abusing me asking if I had understood her joke, clearly trying to get a rise out of me or a heckle that she clearly had some sort of retort prepared.

So I just sat the silently, staring at her pertending that I couldnt hear and watch the silly bint die on her arse even more.

I think the entire room felt embarrassed for her, well almost the entire room, I thought she was a bitch.

• Like 1

House Of Cards. Really enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far. Doesn't hurt that Kate Mara is in it either, nice.

I'm looking forward to season 2. Really enjoyed the first one. And yes....Mara would get it all ways up! lol

I felt the eurovision tonight was pretty poor tonight, there wasn't many songs that stood out for me. The UK did better than I thought it would, Ireland came bottom lol, to be fair it wasn't a bad song. 

The directing on the show was terrible no end of errors!

Edited by Leicesterpool

I felt the eurovision tonight was pretty poor tonight, there wasn't many songs that stood out for me. The UK did better than I thought it would, Ireland came bottom lol, to be fair it wasn't a bad song. 

The directing on the show was terrible no end of errors!

i missed the first 19. The songs were average as you say. Quite liked Greece although it was done in Tradional Greek style. It was lively enough to get feet tapping. From what I saw the rest were just normal ballads.

I always thought the songs were not available until after the contest but some had charted in their own countries. Feel that is unfair if the songs are not new.

I think next year GB should have a real heavy music song, Iron Maiden type. That'll wake the judges up.