Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

My Life in books.

This passage has just been read from Lucky Jim.  Do you remember your last hangover?

“Dixon was alive again. Consciousness was upon him before he could get out of the way; not for him the slow, gracious wandering from the halls of sleep, but a summary, forcible ejection. He lay sprawled, too wicked to move, spewed up like a broken spider-crab on the tarry shingle of morning. The light did him harm, but not as much as looking at things did; he resolved, having done it once, never to move his eyeballs again. A dusty thudding in his head made the scene before him beat like a pulse. His mouth had been used as a latrine by some small creature of the night, and then as its mausoleum. During the night, too, he'd somehow been on a cross-country run and then been expertly beaten up by secret police. He felt bad.â€

I'm not watching it RIGHT now, but in between working every hour god sends, I've been watching Anna and Katy on 4OD.

The reviews have been decidedly patchy, but I think it's chuffing ace.  Best thing I've seen for ages.

Anyone who has seen it and enjoyed it (all two of you) should check out the short film by William Andrews (the bloke that's in it quite a bit, and is married to Anna Crilly, fact fans) 'Gus and his Dirty Dead Dad' at http://www.teamwonderful.co.uk/p/blog-page.html

Watcheda an old ITV big game the other day . Bolton  V Ipswich  April 1970. Frank Worthingto scored a fantastic goal. Edge of the penalty are with back to goal. He upped the ball a couple of times put it over his shoulder then volleyed it into the net. The then England manager Ron Greenwood was watching. It was Wortho's last game for Bolton as he was off to the USA.

I'll see if I can find the goal.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Britain's Got Talent. Anyone else think that Jack Carroll is shite? If he wasn't 14, or disabled he wouldn't even be on the live show. Really obvious jokes

I honestly don't know how anyone can still watch that shite.

Just saw something on the One Show about a stupid criminal gang. They took photos of themselves with the goods they stole and posted them on Facebook and even filmed themselves with stolen phones and messages were found on the phones.

Police said that the crime rate had gone down 48% in their area they worked.

Just saw something on the One Show about a stupid criminal gang. They took photos of themselves with the goods they stole and posted them on Facebook and even filmed themselves with stolen phones and messages were found on the phones.

Police said that the crime rate had gone down 48% in their area they worked.

They were probably from a poor background.