Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

More conspiracy stuff. BBC Two - Did we land on the Moon?

I don't really care what evidence they come up with. I just want to end my days believing that someone landed on the moon in my lifetime. It's a great acheivement by Mankind as is all scientific discoveries and I am glad to be living while it went on.

Edited by Rincewind

More conspiracy stuff. BBC Two - Did we land on the Moon?

I don't really care what evidence they come up with. I just want to end my days believing that someone landed on the moon in my lifetime. It's a great acheivement by Mankind as is all scientific discoveries and I am glad to be living while it went on.

Watching it too. It's the same one that I watched a few years ago.

I thought the evidence for a conspiracy was fair then and I feel the same now. Not all of it is wholly convincing but neither are the arguments for it.

I'm not really proud of it as an achievement for mankind really. It hasn't really made any difference, it hasn't cured any diseases, we haven't learnt that much of use. It's just one of those things people like to say they've done, like skydiving or going to the Nou Camp. And it cost a bloody lot of money I'm sure, just for bragging rights really. Humans have done far better things.

I'm not going to just believe we landed on the moon because NASA and a bunch of Americans say we did. I'm not convinced either way tbh, it's all just some people's word against other people's word. There isn't irrefutable evidence. Some things look dodgy, but some of the consipracy theories have holes in them as well.

I don't really care whether we went or not tbh

Watching it too. It's the same one that I watched a few years ago.

I thought the evidence for a conspiracy was fair then and I feel the same now. Not all of it is wholly convincing but neither are the arguments for it.

I'm not really proud of it as an achievement for mankind really. It hasn't really made any difference, it hasn't cured any diseases, we haven't learnt that much of use. It's just one of those things people like to say they've done, like skydiving or going to the Nou Camp. And it cost a bloody lot of money I'm sure, just for bragging rights really. Humans have done far better things.

I'm not going to just believe we landed on the moon because NASA and a bunch of Americans say we did. I'm not convinced either way tbh, it's all just some people's word against other people's word. There isn't irrefutable evidence. Some things look dodgy, but some of the consipracy theories have holes in them as well.

I don't really care whether we went or not tbh

Surely exploring and pushing human and technical boundaries is a huge part of human existance, besides costing a fraction of the US budget the apollo missions have led to a whole host of technical advancements.

People can believe we didn't land on the moon if they want, they're morons.

Surely exploring and pushing human and technical boundaries is a huge part of human existance, besides costing a fraction of the US budget the apollo missions have led to a whole host of technical advancements.

People can believe we didn't land on the moon if they want, they're morons.

I knew someone like you would come out with something like this. That old 'if you're not with the majority, you're a moron' attitude.

I could easily argue anyone who's convinced either way is a moron. We have very little inside knowledge of anything that went on and very little concrete proof that the way it is told is the truth.

It is perfectly plausible that they could have staged it and there are very clear motives as to why they would. You've always struck me as a very closed minded individual so I'm not surprised you just believe everything you are told.

Do you believe one nutter killed JFK as well just because it's the official story?

As for your question, yes it is a big part of human existence, but specifically landing on the moon isn't as significant as people make out. It's more (supposedly anyway) a demonstration of what technology can do and developing it for the sake of it, rather than technology allowing us to do something really important.

What's different? I don't watch it I'm more of a The Chase kinda guy.

When they choose the last catergory instead of it being answers from just one source, it's three. So for instance, today from the 4 (instead of 5) catergories they chose Sporting Champions. In the past that might have been "winners of the Masters" or "FA cup winners" (just one catergory) they had three to choose from - winners of 5 or more golf majors, winners of 5 or more tennis grand slams, winners of 5 or more snooker trebles  - they could pick across all three, making for more correct answers and I guess more frequent wins. A little worried that it's now too easy that that the jackpot will got every other show at least. Guess we'll see, I know I managed to get 3 pointless answers out of my shortlist of 5 or 6 (hard to say which 3 I would actually use when not actually being obliged to :) )