Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

A band at the clock tower, a few violins, cello, guitars and drum kit etc....

Middle of their first song and a womble from the council has already turned up flashing his ID

EDIT: .....and shut tem down. Will look good when the Euro culture band wagon rolls into town.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Guest MattP

Thays the kind of viewpoint that got them marching in the first place.

Is it?

Well let's spread it and get them marching again then, would change my opinion if someone from Newcastle was prepared to walk 200miles to London to demand work. In fact if they do I'll join them from Leicester in solidarity with them and sign the petition.

Think they'll do it or you think they will just get the bus into town and get the free £150 every fortnight instead still?

I think one of the reasons they marched was the conditions and pay in the docks and mines. by view point I meant the stereotyping by southerners that they were all workshy and couldn't get off their arse which was spread about by the government at the time. Their protests fell on deaf hears though although they were respected by many workers all over the country and they stuck together for many years untill thatcher the hatcher got her hatchet out.

Guest MattP

I think one of the reasons they marched was the conditions and pay in the docks and mines. by view point I meant the stereotyping by southerners that they were all workshy and couldn't get off their arse which was spread about by the government at the time. Their protests fell on deaf hears though although they were respected by many workers all over the country and they stuck together for many years untill thatcher the hatcher got her hatchet out.

It wasn't about anything you have mentioned in either of your posts.

It was a march against poverty in the North East and unemployment, nothing to do with stereotypes spread by the governement.

As for getting Thatcher into this?!!!, do some reading about it and the current government at the time. They refused to march under the workers banner and the march was led by Conservative MP's!!!

The Jarrow March is fondly remembered by those in British politics as a landmark in the history of labour movement, even though the Labour Party of the day opposed it, and the TUC circularised Trades Councils advising them not to help the marchers.

Come on Kenneth.

Guest MattP

The Clare Balding show.

I said to my mate before it started:

" The Clare Blading show, this is just gonna to be a selection of gays or racing pundits isn't it?"

First two guests, Gareth Thomas and John Amaechi, and I'm not joking.