Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Rab C Nesbitt.

Just for the record he is not typical of the non-working man. it is a comedy. :)

Rab-In-Hoodie,

A programme about fast cars on now with Ibris Elba. An actor but don't recall him.

He went to Detroit and was given a tour. The place is dead. A million people have left since 1950.

Just started watching Breaking Bad, got the box set for Christmas.

Am I the only one who thinks it's quite overrated? Granted I'm only 4 episodes in on the 1st series but I'm find it very slow paced. I was addicted to prison break pretty much straight the way when I got that a few years back so I thought I would be the same with this.

Am I the only one who thinks it's quite overrated? Granted I'm only 4 episodes in on the 1st series but I'm find it very slow paced. I was addicted to prison break pretty much straight the way when I got that a few years back so I thought I would be the same with this.

Give it a bit longer it's worth it.

Just watched Drive. What a shit film that was.

I was the same. The pace pick up at the start of the second season. The one episode literally had me holding my breath right through the episode. 

Watching Big Fat Quiz of 2013. Love this show but I thought Richard Ayoade was bit off form. Jack and Jonathan was a cracking team and I also thought Dara did well.

I've already watched the whole thing & loved it.

I got the box set for Christmas as well & I'm already at the start of the 3rd season.  Granted, I've had a fair bit of time off from work & had the house to myself.  I originally thought it got off to a fairly slow start, but it's as it gets into the second season things start hotting up.

I won't spoil it for you, but there's a bit right towards the end of the second season.  I watched it again yesterday.  I did it the first time around & even though I knew what was going to happen.......I was still shouting at the TV "no fvcking way - you can't do that - don't just fvcking stand there!!!".

There were a few in the Breaking Bad thread that said the same as you & ended up being hooked.  I've never seen Prison Break, so can't compare........but whether it's overrated or not, it's got to be worth a watch.

Got Season 1 of Homeland on DVD for Christmas.  Not bad.  Some key parts of the storyline are somewhat convoluted but I suppose that's a given in a TV drama about the CIA fighting terrorists.  I'm also a bit disappointed at how boringly stereotypical the lead female is: She's always crying and falling in love with things.  Otherwise it's a good show so far.

Holy shit, at least give it 3 seasons man. It gets truly amazing from the second season onwards.

I gave up on Breaking bad after the boring first couple of épisodes too.

And me

I did thought they spent far too long building up the characters and I don't felt that I benefit from it by gaining an extra understanding of the characters.  It picked up in last two episodes in the first season.

Finished the fourth season of, 'The IT Crowd' which was decent but not as good as earlier seasons.

Half way through the first season of the cyber punk anime 'Psycho Pass' made by the same peeps who made 'Ghost in the Shell' and the guy who wrote Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero.

Psycho Pass takes a little time to get going but episode eleven has an intense ending, going to marathon this. 

Yeah but once you get there you will be like "oh wow Unabomber was so right, what an epic show".

lol

To be fair the few people I have spoke to about have said that's it's a slow burner and needs time. I'll have to give it a proper full days viewing tomorrow whilst in not busy.

lol

To be fair the few people I have spoke to about have said that's it's a slow burner and needs time. I'll have to give it a proper full days viewing tomorrow whilst in not busy.

I don't think it's that much of a slow burner, it's just that the first few episodes are probably the worst of the whole show. The first season is very good, but not great. After that every other season is brilliant.

Watched Drive earlier on BBC Iplayer, quality film! The imagery and soundtrack is really impressive.

Happened to have seen seen Ryan Gosling in a few films recently by chance, think I got a man crush..

Drive and The place beyond the pines are both fantastic, brilliant actor.