Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

Jools Holland Hootemoony. Only just got round to watching it. Bit strange watching them count down to the new year in March but its been good. Charlie Wilson on now. Ray Davies looks old. Ruby Turner good as ever as was Lisa Stansfield. Not sure about The Proclaimers though.

Edited by Rincewind

Panarama. About food banks. There seems to be more coverage on this type of this thing lately since Benefits Street.

But why does the pregnant girl choose a mobile phone over food?

I suppose it was too much for her to think of free contraception too.

Gone old school tonight and watching Robin of Sherwood. :D

Robin+of+Sherwood-Michael+Praed.jpg

Now that is one of the tv series of my childhood. Absolutlely love it (except of the episodes with Jason Connery. Faaaake Robin!) and the soundtrack by Clannad is wonderful.

• Like 1

Dispatches on Racism in Football was an interesting listen.

Things are clearly better than the 80's but amazes me how so much hate is still around.

But why does the pregnant girl choose a mobile phone over food?

I suppose it was too much for her to think of free contraception too.

Maybe she had a job and in a relationship when she became pregnant and the bloke fecked off.

Maybe she had a job and in a relationship when she became pregnant and the bloke fecked off.

And she needs the phone to keep in touch with him.

Seems most people are blaming "loan sharks" for their problem. That makes it an education problem. Kids of the 21st Century have no idea about Financial responsibility.

Damn Edwina Currie just made a similar point. I've become a shit.

And she needs the phone to keep in touch with him.

Seems most people are blaming "loan sharks" for their problem. That makes it an education problem. Kids of the 21st Century have no idea about Financial responsibility.

Damn Edwina Currie just made a similar point. I've become a shit.

It's not just financial responsibility they lack, but personal responsibility in general. That's what happens when a generation grows up being spoon fed excuses by a labour government intent on trapping them into welfare dependency. Edited by MooseBreath

Ian didn't get his payout but he can't remember why he couldn't make it.

Oh he chooses cigarettes over food. He can get the food for free.

PAYG phone. Why do they use a loan shark?

Because they got into debt I'd guess.

It's not just financial responsibility they lack, but personal responsibility in general. That's what happens when a generation grows up being spoon fed excuses by a labour government intent on trapping them into welfare dependency.

They have been spoon fed by their parents not the government. They should have been taught Financial responsibility by their parents. Their parents learnt that from the tory govt I guess.

Debts again - she's jealous of others eating good food.

She lives alone in a 3bed Council house but doesn't want to leave it.

blame game.

2.9 million are put towards subsidising food banks with taxpayers money.

I'm not against food banks. I'm questioning the route leading to them.

2 of the food bankers have found the way out - getting a job.

They have been spoon fed by their parents not the government. They should have been taught Financial responsibility by their parents. Their parents learnt that from the tory govt I guess.

And why are all these shit parents having kids? Oh that's right because labour promised them a free house and spending money for the next 18 years. All you need to do is vote labour and bring your kid up in destitution and you'll never work a day in your life they said.

And why are all these shit parents having kids? Oh that's right because labour promised them a free house and spending money for the next 18 years. All you need to do is vote labour and bring your kid up in destitution and you'll never work a day in your life they said.

I don't know why you are party politicking. Both Parties are just as bad.

"Shit" parents exist as much in the well off and the not well off. I'm pretty sure that most people don't have kids for a free house. Most people don't think that far ahead - they don't even think as far ahead as contraception 

They were working when they used the food bank. I will leave it at that. The evidence was there.

1 of them was but she was living in a house that she shouldn't have been. The other wasn't working and then got a job in a bar.

London gap crap - not interested. Which channel do I go to now?

Parent gets back. there are rent arrears but 3 massive tvs in the house.

Christmas on the street without those tvs then!

Apparently they can get emergency Council property - because they have kids.

Strange world we live in.