Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

All Nighter

Yes, it matters because a thread of over 5000 posts has been closed with no explenation... It's pretty clear its a popular thread, not many have oer 5000, why close it?

So did Painting by Numbers.

And the word game.

Popular, with little purpose.

Pretty sure MSN was invented in order for people to exchange a constant stream of one line messages in broken English.

And the word game.

Pretty sure MSN was invented in order for people to exchange a constant stream of one line messages in broken English.

Oh, I forgot the internet is the be all and end all of life and should not be subject to any form of entertainment or enjoyment.

What a time to be alive.

And the word game.

As said above, its kept shit away from other threads, its been a thread of banter, it doesn't explain why the thread was closed!?

I am sure many of MSN conversation has stemed from one liners, its the witty people that 'get' and enjoy the 'one liners' what ever the language, that keep the conversation going...

When only being enjoyed by a small few, rather than the forum population in more general terms, it's not vital to the forum as a whole.

MSN is part of the internets, too.

It does keep a lot of shit out of other topics... 5,000+ posts worth, indeed, which is why it's still going strong ten months on.

But even so, would it be such a huge deal if it was canned? It's not like another one couldn't be created to replace it. Just look at the What are you listening to now? topic (in its second incarnation, now).

An explantaion would of been nice, but fuck it, power to the people, we got 'our' thread back.

lol

A bit dramatic, isn't it? It's not like it went anywhere, and it's not as if people power brought it back. From what I can tell, it was closed for about 10 minutes... could've easily been a mistake during routine forum moderation. lol

When only being enjoyed by a small few, rather than the forum population in more general terms, it's not vital to the forum as a whole.

MSN is part of the internets, too.

It does keep a lot of shit out of other topics... 5,000+ posts worth, indeed, which is why it's still going strong ten months on.

But even so, would it be such a huge deal if it was canned? It's not like another one couldn't be created to replace it. Just look at the What are you listening to now? topic (in its second incarnation, now).

Behave, the music forum is less likely to create a stir that the General forum, thats a fact. Why dont we close the Congratulations thread because all we are doing is saying well done to contributing to the forum, like those in the All night Thread are doing... What are we congratulating? It certainly isn't congratulating Martin O'Neill for guiding us into Europe, It's more to do with the fact of posts being made on the forum, a 5000+ thread needs congratulating it needs sustaining, and it needs more threads making similar contributions... not closing... As an Admin, you must see that.

Behave, the music forum is less likely to create a stir that the General forum, thats a fact. Why dont we close the Congratulations thread because all we are doing is saying well done to contributing to the forum, like those in the All night Thread are doing... What are we congratulating? It certainly isn't congratulating Martin O'Neill for guiding us into Europe, It's more to do with the fact of posts being made on the forum, a 5000+ thread needs congratulating it needs sustaining, and it needs more threads making similar contributions... not closing... As an Admin, you must see that.

Er, but it's not closed. :dunno:

A few threads in the several-thousand range were canned in the past.

They became very predictable, repetitive, and only contributed to by a select few posters. They were discarded.

Just because a topic has a lot of replies, doesn't make it valuable. Before anyone says it, the same applies to posters (yes, mostly me). :whistle:

lol

A bit dramatic, isn't it? It's not like it went anywhere, and it's not as if people power brought it back. From what I can tell, it was closed for about 10 minutes... could've easily been a mistake during routine forum moderation. lol

Behave, The thread was closed for quite a while, It's only untl I opened the 'Closure' tread that it was re-opened, and the mod who closed it still hasn't explained reason for closure... I'm not a fan of Finnigan, but at least he has an argument and a reason for a closure of a thread.

Archived