Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny Chee

Grand Theft Auto 4

Rockstar wrote:

As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

....just go and by a PS3 you stuborn twat, I thought you wanted a Blu Ray player anyway.

If I had the spare £350 I might... but I don't... i do have the £35 it'd cost on PC though... :(

Have you got a beast to run it then?

Won't need that much... Plus you can alter setting to suit!

Rockstar wrote:

As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

They said exactly the same thing about GTA: San Andreas!

They wouldn't be stupid enough not to put it on PC! :unsure:

There can be only one... XBOX360!!!

Plus, it's way cheaper.

You know you want it!

Why get a 360? I have a decent(ish) PC. All the best games are (or will come to it).

I'd only consider a PS3 for the cheap BluRay player (& LittleBigPlanet)!

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/0...November_30.htm

November 30th? There you go, gave you a bit off hope Phube. But do you want to wait like 6 months? If at all it comes out on PC?

Yay.. I can wait! :thumbup:

Why get a 360? I have a decent(ish) PC. All the best games are (or will come to it).

I'd only consider a PS3 for the cheap BluRay player (& LittleBigPlanet)!

Yay.. I can wait! :thumbup:

Have you got a good graphics card and got enough processing power to run GTA4 though?

There can be only one... XBOX360!!!

Plus, it's way cheaper.

You know you want it!

Yes that is correct there can only be one Xbox 360. It is also not as good as PS3. Rockstar have admitted that the PS3 runs the game much better, and they were able to optimize the graphics further using the PS3 specifications, and harware peripherals.

So yer if you are willing to settle for second best, then by all means go for the Xbox 360. If you want to buy a new console in two years time because the 360 will be out of date, then by all means go for it. At the end of the day folks you pay for the qaulity that you get. You pay more for PS3 and get more, simple as that. :thumbup:

As for GTA 4 what a bloody awesome game!!!! 10/10 All the way!!!! im gobsmacked by it, By far the best game i have ever played. The first game that has had me truly hooked for a long long time. Most recommended.

Have you got a good graphics card and got enough processing power to run GTA4 though?

I have an okay GP (512MB 8600 GT) and a decent processor (E6700 2.4GHZ Core2Duo)

Runs Half Life 2 at full (yes I know it's an old game) and them graphics are good enough for me... and to be honest GTA IV is certainly no Crysis!

Yes that is correct there can only be one Xbox 360. It is also not as good as PS3. Rockstar have admitted that the PS3 runs the game much better, and they were able to optimize the graphics further using the PS3 specifications, and harware peripherals.

So yer if you are willing to settle for second best, then by all means go for the Xbox 360. If you want to buy a new console in two years time because the 360 will be out of date, then by all means go for it. At the end of the day folks you pay for the qaulity that you get. You pay more for PS3 and get more, simple as that. :thumbup:

As for GTA 4 what a bloody awesome game!!!! 10/10 All the way!!!! im gobsmacked by it, By far the best game i have ever played. The first game that has had me truly hooked for a long long time. Most recommended.

lol

The difference in the graphics has been called minimal by pretty much every review worth reading, if you want to pay £200 for a slight graphical improvement most people wont even notice thats up to you.

Xbox = more games & better games.

lol

The difference in the graphics has been called minimal by pretty much every review worth reading, if you want to pay £200 for a slight graphical improvement most people wont even notice thats up to you.

Xbox has had it's day, this year if not next will be ps3's!!! :thumbup:

lol

To end the argument with (unbiased) facts:

360 = Higher res output (720p), sharper pictures and more vivid colours. Some minor framerate/pop-up issues.

PS3 =Lower res output (640p), smoother pictures and natural colours. Less framerate issues.

It all depends on how you like your images: Smooth and muted = PS3; sharp and vivid = 360.

We could discuss pro and cons between the XBOX360 and the PS3 - bottom line is, if you want to pay £100 to £200 extra for an ugly console with a BluRay-player nobody really needs and only a few really good games available, do it by all means.

And as Manwell has already pointed out, the difference in graphics for GTA IV is minimal to non-existent.

To end the argument with (unbiased) facts:

360 = Higher res output (720p), sharper pictures and more vivid colours. Some minor framerate/pop-up issues.

PS3 =Lower res output (640p), smoother pictures and natural colours. Less framerate issues.

It all depends on how you like your images: Smooth and muted = PS3; sharp and vivid = 360.

Stupid arguement anyway I've not see a single game released yet where the difference is anything really noticeable.

The only reason to buy the PS3 would be to have the blu-ray. All the other differences are slight. If your not gonna watch blu-ray films then spending like £200 more is unnecessary really.

I watched Ice Age 2 the other day on my PS3 and I have never seen anything like it, the picture was stunning. :cool:

I won a xbox 360 in a footy quiz last year and had it for about 2 weeks before selling it , the main gripe with the 360 is that i couldnt really get used to the pad after years of playing the ps2. I bought a ps3 few weeks ago and getting on fine with that , may hire GTA4 from blockbuster to see if its worth buying

Stupid arguement anyway I've not see a single game released yet where the difference is anything really noticeable.

that was really the point, the differences (at the minute) are so small it really don't matter!

I won a xbox 360 in a footy quiz last year and had it for about 2 weeks before selling it , the main gripe with the 360 is that i couldnt really get used to the pad after years of playing the ps2. I bought a ps3 few weeks ago and getting on fine with that , may hire GTA4 from blockbuster to see if its worth buying

Good luck with that :laugh:

Buy it mate, if you don't like it sell it on ebay, you'll make your money back no probs!!

To be honest i'm not big into gaming and I love this game, finally I can get beat up, go to lap dancing clubs and rob cars and not worry about going to jail!!!

Archived