Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny Chee

Grand Theft Auto 4

For anyone with the PS3 version of the game and you get this problem...

Not freezing as such, just the slight problem that when you go into the game and it begins to load your save game, it keeps loading and loading and loading and... and nothing happens. So you press the PS button to quit the game and the whole system reboots. You try again and the same thing happens.

The fix...

Log out of the PS Network before you load the game. How this affects online play I haven't a clue.

It's a little ironic that the save point I was attempting to load was 'Logging On' having just connected to the net last night. :D

When are Sony going to get their act sorted out. Everything is set up for so much success yet it continually fails to deliver time and time again. I reckon they're in cohoots with LCFC!

As a matter of interest what console do you have 40GB or 60GB. i've not had any problems at all. The game is awesome although i havent had much time to play it due to an overload of CW that needs to be done :@.

Anyone want to set up a free roam game on PS3 later? we can all play together? and use the livechat on foxestalk to discuss what we are going to destroy next :)

Been playing on it all day, just fooking around and doing a few missions, just getting used to it really.

Don't really like the camera angles but apart from that I really like it.

Is it just me or does it seem very dark on the game at times :dunno:

As a matter of interest what console do you have 40GB or 60GB. i've not had any problems at all. The game is awesome although i havent had much time to play it due to an overload of CW that needs to be done :@.

Anyone want to set up a free roam game on PS3 later? we can all play together? and use the livechat on foxestalk to discuss what we are going to destroy next :)

I have the original 60gb and have done since day one. I've read problems with the 40gb model too though. I've no problems with it if I'm out of the network - tbh I'm not too bothered at the mo about online since the single player is so good. But once that's over with, online is where it's at so it had better be working by then.

As a matter of fact, I tried an online game towards the end of my sesh this afternoon and logged onto the network through the game but then the game locked up. I haven't tried it again since.

I'll stick with offline now and hope that a patch, when it's released, sorts it out. This is Assassin's Creed all over again.

Oh and in reply to the post about it being dark, turn up the brightness and contrast levels while in the menu setup within the game. That should help no end.

Been playing on it all day, just fooking around and doing a few missions, just getting used to it really.

Don't really like the camera angles but apart from that I really like it.

Is it just me or does it seem very dark on the game at times :dunno:

Yeah, hence the reason you need to avoid crashing so your blinkers are still working. Oh and avoiding knocking down lights aswell >_> Which is what I keep on doing.

Adjust the brightness and contrast in the game, it's that simple.

Online is fantastic.

When it works :@

Is anybody else having trouble connecting through parties, I get in party mode, invite a few people, then getting into a game is virtually impossible, I'm on 360.

Online is fantastic.

When it works :@

Is anybody else having trouble connecting through parties, I get in party mode, invite a few people, then getting into a game is virtually impossible, I'm on 360.

These things happen mate, teething problems i guess. It hasnt been out officially for a week yet dont forget. Like Rainbow Six 2, its taking a while for the servers to settle down i think.

Archived