Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

And you thought our club was bad...

Now I don't like Leeds but...

UNITED SEASON TICKET SHOCK

Fans' fury as new board puts prices through the roof

by Phil Hay

Leeds United supporters today threatened to boycott Elland Road after huge increases in season ticket prices were announced by the club.

United have:

• Upped the cost of passes throughout the stadium for the 2005-06 campaign;

• Prevented season ticket holders in the top tier of the East Stand from renewing their tickets;

• Decreased the capacity of the Family Stand to 4,900 tickets;

• Ended the easy-instalment scheme, forcing fans to pay in full before the start of the new season.

Chairman Ken Bates warned of significant increases when he assumed control of United in January with the club in serious debt, but today's news has provoked outrage from United's supporters.

Graham Devaney, a 35-year-old asthmatic from Bradford, is facing a mark-up of more than 100 per cent after the club raised the combined cost of tickets for him and his son in the Family Stand from £447 to £1,090.

Devaney said: "I feel absolutely sick. I've supported the club since I was four years old. I have bought every shirt going and last season I paid around £6,000 to follow Leeds home and away.

"This is how you get treated for showing loyalty.

"I won't be stepping foot in Elland Road ever again and I don't want a penny of my money going to the club. We definitely won't be renewing.

"If this is the direction that Leeds United are heading then I don't want anything to do with the club or the people who run it."

United's prices will peak at £640 for renewals next season, over £200 more than Championship rivals Sheffield United.

The South Yorkshire club are charging £399 for seats in their Main Stand at Bramall Lane, while members of their Junior Blades scheme will pay £109 and under-10s just £50.

Pensioner Gary Wheelhouse, from Seacroft in Leeds, also admitted he would turn his back on Elland Road after receiving confirmation of the increases.

Mr Wheelhouse would have been charged an extra £100 for a place in the Family Stand next season, and he said: "This is horrendous. A lot of fans will be very unhappy about the situation.

"There's no way I can afford this and they've lost our money.

"They can't throw increases like this at us and expect the supporters to accept it. We've stuck with this club through some hard times and I'm absolutely furious that this is happening."

In a letter to supporters, Mr Bates defended United's decision, saying: "On pricing, the current system is complicated and in some cases unfair.

"For example, why should a mature student of 30 years of age be subsidised by a fan of the same age who is working, married with two kids and possibly a mortgage?

"With your help we'll be back where we belong."

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle2.asp...rticleID=986741

what has being asthmatic got to do with it?

85969[/snapback]

Exactly, I'm asthmatic, does this now mean I'm a special case?

This is a truly shocking move by Bates. As much as I dislike Leeds Utd, I wouldn't wish this on any supporter.

what has being asthmatic got to do with it?

85969[/snapback]

Exactly, I'm asthmatic, does this now mean I'm a special case?

This is a truly shocking move by Bates. As much as I dislike Leeds Utd, I wouldn't wish this on any supporter.

86002[/snapback]

I said Ken Bates was useless years ago...... he is ruthless and takes advantage of people supporting the local team (excely manure).

He charges more, put the back on an even keel, then strips the clubs assests (see chelsea) then sells on for large profit.

Poor leeds lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived