Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Car warning lights coming up every couple of weeks, it's only an 04 but think it's time for me to change, had in my mind I've wanted to change it for a while now and while none of these warning lights have been serious or expensive problems (yet) it's only a matter of time, I just hope it can hold off having any major problems for another 3 or 4 months as I don't think I'll be able to change until early next year.

When you're in a shopping queue for a checkout and the woman in front doesnt have her self ready to pay or anything. Then does it on card and it takes even longer. This holding the whole queue up and making you think 'I should have gone in that queue over there'.

Blokes, well they are ready with the wallet out, a lot less time wasted.

Edited by peterborofox

When you're in a shopping queue for a checkout and the woman in front doesnt have her self ready to pay or anything. Then does it on card and it takes even longer. This holding the whole queue up and making you think 'I should have gone in that queue over there'.

Blokes, well they are ready with the wallet out, a lot less time wasted.

And they feel the need to talk about irrelevant, pointless crap to the person behind the till. Therefore holding yourself and the queue up even further!

N.B. I realise that not every woman does this, it is usually the very old ones.

Edited by lcfc30STM

No, it's definitely every woman I'm stuck behind! They get told the price of their goods and then think "oooh I'll just have a rummage around my handbag to try and find my purse". Then when they have their hand on cash/card it's like they are thinking "our Keith is gonna love these fish steaks and peas............ooooh I wonder how our Judy's getting on in Sheffield today" before they pass it over.

I just say "Alright captain" to the til person, let them tot up my goods, then pass them the cash before they've even finished telling me the price and say "cheers me ode" and walk off. Efficient queue routine.

No, it's definitely every woman I'm stuck behind! They get told the price of their goods and then think "oooh I'll just have a rummage around my handbag to try and find my purse". Then when they have their hand on cash/card it's like they are thinking "our Keith is gonna love these fish steaks and peas............ooooh I wonder how our Judy's getting on in Sheffield today" before they pass it over.

I just say "Alright captain" to the til person, let them tot up my goods, then pass them the cash before they've even finished telling me the price and say "cheers me ode" and walk off. Efficient queue routine.

Indeed. Get the job done in minimum time possible.

Same with phone calls. Guy to guy call - get what you need to talk about done in about half a minute. Guy/girl call and you'd be there all night.

Indeed. Get the job done in minimum time possible.

Same with phone calls. Guy to guy call - get what you need to talk about done in about half a minute. Guy/girl call and you'd be there all night.

On a slightly related point, I can't see the point in going through the usual "hi...you ok? how was your day?" shit on every phone and msn conversation - which some people seem to feel the need to do. I'll just come straight out with what I want to say. I know certain people who even become offended if you don't ask how their day has been - even though they've done fook all worth talking about anyway.

On a slightly related point, I can't see the point in going through the usual "hi...you ok? how was your day?" shit on every phone and msn conversation - which some people seem to feel the need to do. I'll just come straight out with what I want to say. I know certain people who even become offended if you don't ask how their day has been - even though they've done fook all worth talking about anyway.

Smooth.

At least back in my day sex pests were polite.